Hammer Level Editer Maps and Stuff

• Hammer Level Editer Maps and Stuff

So I've been mapping for a while now. Was thinking of building stuff for the RP or other servers this site may have. Took couple years off due to a crashed pc yet here's my stuff. or some of it. I only got a few maps now as most were lost on a old hard drive, or at least are inaccessible now. Hl2-Story type mode, CSS, DODS... "I just woke up and this post totally feels off". I Recommend the video Halfe-Life 2 Test Level first... by far the better of the videos, tho the map is in its earliest stages. made that one when I was 16 and I'm 27 now so it makes me happy to see it still alive. If you got any good map idea /props, anything interesting let me know... not sure ill be up to doing it, yet it help get the idea out one way or another. I'm also looking for a 3D modeler. I just started with Blender yet I might be able to use some tips.
      Trying to re-create my magazine clipping solitary jail friends gyro and princess …
      "this I may have to figure out myself"

Oh yeah... sometimes when I make videos they come out really Bright or Dark... I cant tell from my pc if the witch the uploads came out as.
      So if anyone checks these, be sure to let me know.

VIDEO LIST

Half-Life 2 Test Level:

PillBox6Test:

BAY6Test:

FILES

CoLDglass - CSS: gamebanana.com/maps/32795

RoxOldRustyK96 - DODs: gamebanana.com/skins/10624

"Also Had I Dream I was playing, or was in a real HL2-DM RP map.... was trippy.
      Some of the people from the night befor in game/dream"
      Files
    • I am a big fan of NPC battles on maps. One of our successful mappers, Uberkist made a rp map that incorporated strider battles and helicopter battles.

the npcs also give ingame cash rewards as well based on % damage you deal to them.

curious if you would have ideas on a Halloween event map with zombies that give cash rewards for killing. I probably will end up spawning them on one of our existing maps but your darker map themes could work well for that.

We have a plugin that currently fixes most of the AI relationship bugs that exist in hl2dm, lots of opportunity for npc coop battles.

Mappers and Modelers exist in our discord, come in and chat sometime
    • syle22 wrote:

I am a big fan of NPC battles on maps. One of our successful mappers, Uberkist made a rp map that incorporated strider battles and helicopter battles.

the npcs also give ingame cash rewards as well based on % damage you deal to them.

curious if you would have ideas on a Halloween event map with zombies that give cash rewards for killing. I probably will end up spawning them on one of our existing maps but your darker map themes could work well for that.

We have a plugin that currently fixes most of the AI relationship bugs that exist in hl2dm, lots of opportunity for npc coop battles.

Mappers and Modelers exist in our discord, come in and chat sometime
      I tried adding all of that to my map but unfortunately we had too many issues with running out of entities since RP map + NPC battles = easily going over Valve's bullshit 2048 entity count
    • We dont have too many issues with edict limit these days since we added better cleanup for the mod and implemented the doorowner prop loading.

also the money gained from npcs is no longer gold bar drops, its % based strait to the bank so no edicts there.

as long as you clean up the gibs from npcs, the edict count doesn't rise too high.