Admin application Dede

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Admin application Dede

Steam Name: dede

SteamID: STEAM_1:0:218392317

How long have you been a part of our community(either server)?: october 2017 - present

What does being a staff member entail?:Why do you believe that you deserve to be granted a trial-staff position?: I actually want to get trusted admin like koolaid, so i can help players with propping problems. But i also like to help where i can i.e guide new/experienced player, inform bugs etc. That is what characterizes a staff member.

Do you have any previous staffing experience(s) (List community and, if possible, rank)?: Yes, i owned a (nitrado) minecraft server once. I also played and and participated in several league of legends competitions(esl, UEG) and worked as a coach. Both requieries a lot of teamwork, management and communication within the team/players.

Do you understand the basic commands of our server that we use? If so please list how to do the following(Completely):
    a). Kicking a player: /kick name or !kick name for instance /kick dede or !kick dede
    b). Banning a player(for one day): /ban name 1440 or !ban name 1440
    c). Creating a prop: /db_create models/name for instance /db_create models/alyx.mdl 1
    d). Freezing a prop: /freezeit
    e). Saving a prop: /save
    f). Connecting a prop to a door: /linkpropdoor #(number of the door)
    g). How to look up any SourceMod command: sm_help or sm_searchcmd

Explain how you would handle the following situations:

A player says they suspect another player of hacking: i would record a demo and spectate the player to confirm that if hes hacking or not. If theres a slight evidence of the said player hacking, then i would discuss it with the higher-ups.

A cop is rdming other players: Depends on the situation. If its lockdown and people are outside its legitimate. Same goes for a rebel shooting a cop. But if none of these 2 scenarios happen, then i would warn the cop and if he ignores the warning and still procceds his behaviour i would kick him and inform higher-ups.

A rebel is rdming players under ten hours: Depends on the situation. If the under ten provokes the player by shooting at him or eventually killing him, then the player has the right to shoot back and kill the player only once. Apart from that, i would warn the player and record and spectate the player. If the warning wasnt enough to stop the player from terrorizing innocent under tennies, then i would kick the player from game and inform the higher admins.

A new player connects whom has never played lite rp before: Ask them to use /tutorial or give them a guide. When busy, ask an experienced trusted player to give them a guide.

A player says they have lost their cop due to a mess up: First, i would ask the player if he can give me the link of his previous accepted cop application. If that is the case i would inform the higher admins or apply him(if i have the power to do it.).

Have you read and understood the community rules?: Yes.

Do you understand that it will be your job to enforce these rules?: Yes.

Do you understand that you as a staff member are still to abide by these rules along with others pertaining to staff?: Yes.

Do you understand that misuse of your rank will result in your
    immediate removal as well as other possible consequences such as a ban?: Yes.

PS: Might have some spelling error here due to the fact that im not a native english speaker.
  • +1 from me. Application looks good.

For the few weeks I've been on here, I've seen nothing but helpful and responsible behavior from him. When I found a potentially serious bug on the server, he helped me in reporting to the admins to investigate when there weren't any online, and handled the situation very appropriately.
  • Some stuff I've heard about dede makes me a bit more cautious on my vote. Although there has been a fair amount of down talk about dede, from what I have seen from him personally in game is that he is a very respectful friendly player. I have seen him on numerous occasions helping out new players and even some old players. (Has personally even helped me out when my mind gets a bit foggy and I start forgetting shit) He is very social and gets along with a lot of players. He from what I've seen has the ability to preform greatly in an administrative roll and would easily perform his duties to cold community standard. In saying this I will be giving dede a +1 based on what I have seen personally from him.
    The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting
  • Im confident to say that i have the quality of fitting an admin role based on my experience of the server rules, mechanics and being part of the community, by playing for nearly playing 1 year on the server. As some admins dont see this, i can kinda understand them that i might be a bit of a troll when i joined the server, but i constantly try to improve my behaviour and even tried to help the server by pointing out bugs or serious exploits over the past 2 or 3 months. If you dont see me fitting a trial admin role then atleast give me the chance to try fit the trusted role(prop commands), so i can prove myself being worthy of getting admin. I really like this server, because i used to play roleplay 9 years ago on a different server so its kinda nostalgic to me but the community keeps motivating me to play this game.

Sry for reading such a long text.

Edit: pls delay the final answer of the application that i made.

The post was edited 1 time, last by dede ().