Corporate's Admin/Trusted Application

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Corporate's Admin/Trusted Application

I understand that this is not how you apply for a 'Trusted' position. I was personally asked by Syle to fill it out this way.

Steam Name: Corporate/Fishy

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:29890545

How long have you been a part of our community(either server)?: Somewhere between 7-8 years.

What does being a staff member entail?:Why do you believe that you deserve to be granted a trial-staff position?: It entails correcting any abusive behavior and also making sure that new players are guided and supported as needed. Having been a part of this community for some time, and having seen many faces come and go, my only interest is to keep the community growing. New players are our best hope. I want to help this server by ensuring that the general well-being of all players here is kept to decent standards, e.g. helping players understand how to play, and making abusive players see the error in their ways, rather than just removing them permanently. That should always be a last resort.

Do you have any previous staffing experience(s) (List community and, if possible, rank)?: Negative.

Do you understand the basic commands of our server that we use? If so please list how to do the following(Completely): I have a basic understanding, but lots to learn.
    a). Kicking a player: /kick <name> "reason"
    b). Banning a player(for one day): /ban <name> 1440 "reason"
    c). Creating a prop: /db_create <prop path>
    d). Freezing a prop: sm_freezeit
    e). Saving a prop: sm_save
    f). Connecting a prop to a door: sm_linkpropdoor <doorid>
    g). How to look up any SourceMod command: sm_searchcmd "keyword"

Explain how you would handle the following situations:

A player says they suspect another player of hacking: Watch closely, going into spectator mode. Patiently observe the situation. Record any hacking that occurs, and promptly issue a ban after evidence is gathered.

A cop is rdming other players: Remind him that it is not allowed, and kick him from the server if it is continued, with the "reason" attached, of course. If he continues, issue a one hour ban. If things continue to get out of hand, document it and report it to a higher ranked admin, so that they can demote if necessary.

A rebel is rdming players under ten hours: Remind the player in question that it is against the rules to randomly kill new players that are under ten hours - new players are our hope for the future of this server. Kick the player if it continues. If they still do not receive the message, ban them for an hour, maybe longer if this is not the first offense.

A new player connects whom has never played lite rp before: I would personally help and guide them around the map, showing them how to access NPC's as well as their inventory. Also, show them the general rules of the server by typing motd. If I am busy during the time, I would instruct him/her to type /tutorial for a demonstration on how to play the game. The more personal we are with helping them, the more welcome they feel.

A player says they have lost their cop due to a mess up: I myself would check with any other active admins during the time the "mess up" has occurred. I would also take a look at the forums to make sure that this is a legitimate claim, and not just a player complaining about his cop job being stripped.

Have you read and understood the community rules?: Yes.

Do you understand that it will be your job to enforce these rules?: I understand this very well.

Do you understand that you as a staff member are still to abide by these rules along with others pertaining to staff?: Yes.

Do you understand that misuse of your rank will result in your immediate removal as well as other possible consequences such as a ban?: Yes.
  • I've found corp to be constantly friendly to new arrivals of the server and in general to all players. He has a passive attitude and is always willing to lend a helping hand to people with questions. I think he'd be perfect for trusted/staff postitions, just souly because of his personality. So with this, I'm gonna slap on a big +Support