Admin Application - Hercules

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Admin Application - Hercules

Steam Name: Hercules

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:151746807

How long have you been a part of our community(either server)?: Nearly 8 years. September, 2010

What does being a staff member entail?:Why do you believe that you deserve to be granted a trial-staff position?: To be an admin is to enforce the rules, help out players, prop for players, and help to make sure the server continues to flourish. I believe that I deserve a trial position because I care about the community, I enjoy propping, and while the server is far from short-staffed, during the time that I am usually on, there aren't many (if any), active admins and I have plenty of free time that I can devote to the server and community.

Do you have any previous staffing experience(s) (List community and, if possible, rank)?: Most of my admin experience has been in DM servers. Although, I did have an admin position in this server roughly 5 years ago, but I never surpassed basic rank due to inactivity.

Do you understand the basic commands of our server that we use? If so please list how to do the following(Completely):
    a). Kicking a player: sm_kick Doggy
    b). Banning a player(for one day): sm_ban Doggy 1440
    c). Creating a prop: db_create
    d). Freezing a prop: sm_freezeit
    e). Saving a prop: sm_save
    f). Connecting a prop to a door: sm_linkpropdoor #
    g). How to look up any SourceMod command: sm_searchcmd to view details about a specific command and sm_help to list commands.

Explain how you would handle the following situations:

A player says they suspect another player of hacking: I'd spectate the accused player and if that player is blatantly cheating I would permanently ban that player. If it is unclear that the player is using a cheat, then I'd discuss the matter with fellow staff members and recommend that they keep a close eye on that player until we establish whether the player is indeed cheating or not.

A cop is rdming other players: I'd first confirm that there is not an active lockdown and that the rebels are not shooting at the cop first and if neither, I'd warn the cop once and if the cop were to persist, I would swiftly unemploy the cop, that is assuming I am above basic privileges with access to the employ command - otherwise I'd kick the player and alert an admin with the ability to unemploy.

A rebel is rdming players under ten hours: If unprovoked, I'd remind the player of the rules and if the player continued to ignore the rules then I would kick that player on a first offense and/or ban on a second offense.

A new player connects whom has never played lite rp before: I would walk this player through all of the need to know basics of rp and recommend they use /motd and /tutorial for more information and rules. I'd also encourage them to stick around.

A player says they have lost their cop due to a mess up: I don't think somebody would randomly lose cop due to a "mess up" however, if they lost it due to inactivity and they could link me to an accepted cop application and I was positive that they didn't lose it due to an infraction, then I would employ them. If they were cop stripped I would tell them their only option is to make an appeal and wait for the staff to decide.

Have you read and understood the community rules?: Fully, yes.

Do you understand that it will be your job to enforce these rules?: Yes, of course.

Do you understand that you as a staff member are still to abide by these rules along with others pertaining to staff?: Yes.

Do you understand that misuse of your rank will result in your immediate removal as well as other possible consequences such as a ban?: Yes.
  • Herc has a high knowledge of the game and how everything works, He has been a very active member over the past week or two (Since i've gotten back) He has been friendly and helpful to other players in game. Nothing I can think of would make me think poorly of his application to be apart of our admin team. I feel that herc would be an excellent addition to our staff team. +1
    The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting

The post was edited 1 time, last by IDaab: Informed on subject around time played as you will see in old version of comment. ().

• IDaab, I appreciate your compliments and candor, and I'd like to add that I actually came back June 19th, nearly 2 months ago and have been active almost everyday since then. I know all of the current player base and they know me, but I do understand where you're coming from in the sense that I haven't been very social with some of the players. I will try to get to know everybody better. Clitcommander and Huztler, I appreciate your confidence.
  • Ahh, I see. Yeah as you may or may not know I have only recently returned to the server after a couple months due to some IRL situations. I was just in the dark here about your time since you have returned to the server. I thought it may have been a couple weeks as stated in my first post. But since you have properly informed me and have had plenty of time to associate yourself with our player base. (Both regular players and our staff team) I will be changing my -1 to a +1 as in my opinion the only thing I thought was holding you back was your time back on the server. (To which I believed was shorter than you had been) Because as stated in previous comment I believe you would make an excellent addition to our staffing team, Good luck.
    The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting
  • Hercules wrote:

IDaab, I appreciate your compliments and candor, and I'd like to add that I actually came back June 19th, nearly 2 months ago and have been active almost everyday since then. I know all of the current player base and they know me, but I do understand where you're coming from in the sense that I haven't been very social with some of the players. I will try to get to know everybody better. Clitcommander and Huztler, I appreciate your confidence.

R u man or woman? sheetmusic or hercules?
  • I've been waiting to post here for a bit since Herc has only been back here for a couple months now however in the time I've seen him on he's almost always been active and if there's a new player that needs help he'd be helping them out by showing them around and answering any questions they have. I don't recall seeing Herc do anything sus or questionable and he seems to have a passion for roleplay and great personality too so big +1 from me.