VVR's Admin App

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• VVR's Admin App

Steam Name:VVR You Are Reading A Name

SteamID:
    STEAM_1:1:92649936

How long have you been a part of our community(either server)?: On and off since 2015. I was active for a good chunk of the first and second year, took a hiatus in 2017, and now, I'm back for a more permanent stay.

What does being a staff member entail?:Why do you believe that you deserve to be granted a trial-staff position?:
    Unlike cop, administrators are a whole different beast in the sense that they've elected to constantly serve, protect, and represent the community that they are a part of. Helping players swag out their new apts with props, resolving conflicts between players civilly, being consulted for massive changes to the server as we know it, these are only a few of the responsibilities and challenges an administrator has to face.

Do you have any previous staffing experience(s) (List community and, if possible, rank)?:
    I play cop more than I do civ, and if it makes any difference, I was a trial for about a weekend on this server lol.
    I co-owned a dead raffle community on steam "Vicious Vortex Raffles," (Cringy, I know, but now's a good time to reveal where the VVR comes from lol). I had a lot of fun doing that, and my partner unfortunately couldn't hold up his situation irl, but during that time we were very good friends.

Do you understand the basic commands of our server that we use? If so please list how to do the following(Completely):
    a). Kicking a player:/kick (playername)
    b). Banning a player(for one day): I actually don't know this one. Either I missed an article on the wiki, or it's just not there. I never got to use my admin, unfortunately, and I'm not gonna make a shitty guess as to what the command is. I'm sure if I get accepted somebody could just tell me how this works.
    c). Creating a prop: /db_create (maga hat, 8 inch dildo, whatever the prop's called)
    d). Freezing a prop: /freezeit (or call frozone) /unfreezeit if you wanna unfreeze it, obviously.
    e). Saving a prop: /save
    f). Connecting a prop to a door: /linkpropdoor #, /unlinkpropdoor # to unfreeze it, obviously.
    g). How to look up any SourceMod command: I used these links to help me: Admin Information & Rules and Commands
    I really think I'm missing something here. If someone could help me out with that, it'd be really helpful. My mistake.

Explain how you would handle the following situations:

"The Situation," from Jersey Shore: Do experiments on how many steel bars those abs could bend.

A player says they suspect another player of hacking: "Who do you think is hacking? What do you think they're using? For how long do you think they've been doing it?"
    I'd then watch the player for a while, and if they weren't hacking, I'd maybe find a way to calm the accuser down, or resolve the situation if an argument would occur between the two. If the guy was hacking, though, you know I'd save that steamid for later, pm him with some cheeky shit, and give em the big daddy SMACK "smash melee crit sound effect."

A cop is rdming other players: "hey, can you like, stop doing that"
    -Then I link the rule from motd in chat
    *keeps doing it*
    "hey, I'm gonna, like, kick you, and, like, get a higher-up's approval for your demotion."
    -and then I kick him and do the thing.

A rebel is rdming players under ten hours:
    "hey, be nice to jose.gonzales2008, he just started"
    -Then I link the rule from motd in chat
    *keeps doing it*
    -Then I kick him
    *reconnects, starts straight up terminating the box-people*
    -Then I ban him for a few hours, a day, maybe a couple days.
    Repeated infractions on that after the ban would increase pretty quick though.

A new player connects whom has never played lite rp before:
    "WAIT NO STAY ITS NOT BAD I SWEAR"
    Give em the option to take !tutorial. If they do, then I walk em through it (with promises of "you can still shoot people don't worry")
    If they don't take it, though, I'm still on call for questions and answers. Sometimes I'll drop a tip or two if I see them not using quick-deposit or hiding their plants in front of the pd. Other than that, I'd let em have their fun.

A player says they have lost their cop due to a mess up:
    "What'd you get stripped for?"
    -Then I look it up on the forums after I hear the classic "I didn't even do anything."
    -If I see it as unjustified, I'd probably talk to CheeseyBread, Syle, or Beef, in that order. I'd make a post on the forums as well to help the guy out
    -If I see it as justified, I'd explain how it works with the "Yeah man, sometimes it just sucks," tone. People quit left and right when they get banned, you know that. I ain't gonna go hounding on the guy for a mistake he made if he understands that the strip was justified.
    -Encourage them to try and get the cop back after a while.

Have you read and understood the community rules?:
    I've gotten in enough trouble that I'd be an A-class attorney for anybody.

Do you understand that it will be your job to enforce these rules?:
    Yeah, I'm really looking to stick around for a good few years here. Even after I'd quit for one reason or another after some long-ass time, I'd always stop by occasionally and see how things are going. I don't plan on leaving anytime soon, and I'd love to serve the community a bit more while I'm at it.

Do you understand that you as a staff member are still to abide by these rules along with others pertaining to staff?:
    Even more so. I'll admit I did a few rule-skirts as a PLAYER, but when I'm responsible for other people, it makes me uncomfortable to do that, so I don't.

Hey the format got cut off here, but the last question was somewhere along the lines of "you get that if you mess up, you're banned?"

And yeah, I'll do my best guys.
    I'll do my best.
  • Volar wrote:

joshhite11 wrote:

This is the dude that got trial and never came back right? lol
    Yeah, -10 from me. I have no desire to give out Trial to someone that applied for it in the past, got it then proceeded to never show up for his ''1st'' Day.
    I was unaware that I had gotten it, and had to do stuff irl for a weekend. I came back and it was gone. After that I took a break from the game. My mistake, but I was busy.