Petition to bring on the FISH

• Petition to bring on the FISH

Remember the old Chinese / Russian fishing servers??? Lets bring back FISHING! We have hard a few maps with a majority of water and an entire map called VENICE i think it would be an awesome activity to do. Fishing could pull up random gear with rare chances to grab rare items like on our dailies! Perhaps fishing would cost a bit of scratch to get a fishing pole / bait. Im not sure how these work as the old fishing servers wall map encoded but a plugin would be dope!

I understand it might be a stretch with server ent levels and lag but if this could be implemented it would be awesome!.

Best,
      BeepBoop.
    • Id imagine it'd work pretty similarly to the ent version, holding a rod and moving it in the water gives you a chance to spawn a weapon, npc, or beneficial ent.

Gotta put your own bait on your rod, in the ent version its a melon and you use your gravgun to attach it. The items spawn initially at different depths in the water.
      You have to move the hook closer to it and it has a chance to hook on or disappear.

If its a job, it could spawn boxed versions of some good items. Should just be real ents if anyone can do it anytime. Maybe occassionally something decent to put in your inventory.

Stealing would be a part of it. Both stealing people's rods and their catches. Be like printing with the poles, double tap E on em to throw em back in your inventory. Making em worth 1k-3k sounds fair depending on the pricing of bait.

Others should post some realistic mechanics in this thread too
    • Uberkist wrote:

Id imagine it'd work pretty similarly to the ent version, holding a rod and moving it in the water gives you a chance to spawn a weapon, npc, or beneficial ent.

Gotta put your own bait on your rod, in the ent version its a melon and you use your gravgun to attach it. The items spawn initially at different depths in the water.
      You have to move the hook closer to it and it has a chance to hook on or disappear.

If its a job, it could spawn boxed versions of some good items. Should just be real ents if anyone can do it anytime. Maybe occassionally something decent to put in your inventory.

Stealing would be a part of it. Both stealing people's rods and their catches. Be like printing with the poles, double tap E on em to throw em back in your inventory. Making em worth 1k-3k sounds fair depending on the pricing of bait.

Others should post some realistic mechanics in this thread too
      I don't believe that stealing rods should be a thing. I feel like the rods should stay with the people who buy them, so people don't have to spend 1-3k just to replace it. Bait stealing and others are fine in my opinionthough.
      santa
    • Puppy wrote:

I don't believe that stealing rods should be a thing. I feel like the rods should stay with the people who buy them, so people don't have to spend 1-3k just to replace it. Bait stealing and others are fine in my opinionthough.
      Yea, I just thought about mingebags stealing them while people are fishing. Maybe after a rod remains inactive and unreclaimed by its owner for 5 minutes, it would able to be picked up.
    • Yea, rods could be either a !fishingrod command that costs per use and also allows the user to !deleterod, also this could be tied to dissapear when users leave so it doesnt crowd the entire server with fishing rods. Bait can be basic watermelons bought in a shop and used from the inventory and placed on the hook of a rod, if we go in depth we could add fishing exp and higher chances of getting better stuff!

With all this water in the map it would be awesome to have a new non combat way to enjoy the game!
    • Users Online 1

1 Guest