other mod changing ideas

• other mod changing ideas

1) I think locks should belong to whomever put the locks on the door. Door owner cannot remove others locks and when the door is sold the locks returned to owners or
    their money be returned. If multiple owners have locks on same door when locks are being broken they loop thru /rotate between all owners

2) barricade/second lock Idea: If a player busts in to anothers' place(they can place secondary lock system on door that I call barricade) to lock out the owners
    player effectively locks themselves in and owners out, these would be broken with lock breakers.
    any lock breakers would break this first and not the owners locks. kickdoor for cops would work the same

3)Gang: allow 1 member to transfer his crime to other gang members, all or nothing /transfercrime dede 400 or /transfercrime dede 40%

4) teleport for gang bases, like teleport for scientist or teleport item, difference is a fixed return point inside of game base, gang members pay 5 -10K to teleport back into
    the safety of their own base. this avoids the glitching since the endpoint stays static and cannot move

5) deliveries that turn off the gravity for all, or make everyone drunk, etc........

6) grappling hook

7) Jihad suicide vest to kill everyone around you
  • chinasyndrome wrote:

1) I think locks should belong to whomever put the locks on the door. Door owner cannot remove others locks and when the door is sold the locks returned to owners or
    their money be returned. If multiple owners have locks on same door when locks are being broken they loop thru /rotate between all owners
    I like this idea, makes it so you can't get dicked over by the owner of the base/house if they suddenly dont want you anymore.

2) barricade/second lock Idea: If a player busts in to anothers' place(they can place secondary lock system on door that I call barricade) to lock out the owners

chinasyndrome wrote:

player effectively locks themselves in and owners out, these would be broken with lock breakers.
    any lock breakers would break this first and not the owners locks. kickdoor for cops would work the same
    Interesting... makes it more of a hostile take over in some ways and really makes you fight for your own property back, maybe.

chinasyndrome wrote:

3)Gang: allow 1 member to transfer his crime to other gang members, all or nothing /transfercrime dede 400 or /transfercrime dede 40%

Meh, not a big fan on this one inparticular. seeing how crime already dissipates pretty fast and the amount of rebels in a base, everyone would share until they have under 4k crime or even under 1.8k so no lines are visable. I can see a lot of problems for this one.

chinasyndrome wrote:

4) teleport for gang bases, like teleport for scientist or teleport item, difference is a fixed return point inside of game base, gang members pay 5 -10K to teleport back into
    the safety of their own base. this avoids the glitching since the endpoint stays static and cannot move
    thinking about this one at first sounded nice, but after re-reading it over again, it just makes gangs even more overpowered, i think it would have to be more expensive and even then... idk this is like the equivalent of have both a banker and a vendor back in the old days.

chinasyndrome wrote:

5) deliveries that turn off the gravity for all, or make everyone drunk, etc........

chinasyndrome wrote:

7) Jihad suicide vest to kill everyone around you
    no for both, I can think of many ways to fuck with people with both of these, just too many problems to list

chinasyndrome wrote:

6) grappling hook
    this, now this I do like, scaling a building and maybe being able to shoot off the side of the wall, I think this is a good idea. make it so you can't use it unless you were up against a wall.

it makes players with openable windows to make sure they are locked with locks, its like a nerfed version of the jetpack.

if anyone else has thoughts on what i said feel free to share them :D
    You defeat your enemies when they become your friends
  • chinasyndrome wrote:

for #4 what if we did something it even out the over powered ness
    like when someone teleports back, the telestart point they used stays open for 30 seconds and is free for anyone else?
    or at least much cheaper so cops and others can follow
    yea making it cheaper for everyone else could work, makes the gang members with this more cautious where they use it
    You defeat your enemies when they become your friends
  • the only good ones are the grappling hook and jihad, which are not new ideas. Like miracles stated grappling hook is like a nerfed jetpack.. how about they just put Jetpacks lol makes more since (china you spiderman lookin ass), and jihad well everyone loves jihad bombs :evil:
    those other additions just dont really seem to make much of a change if you ask me. Good changes in the past were taking out no kill zones in the banks, connecting drugs/printers to accounts so people wont lose them on disconnect, double e on banker and drug dealer, /spin, /dailies, /elo and gang mod with gang specialties and respect. :hail:
  • 1-4 i see major balance problems.

5-7 can be worked on and implemented immediately.

jihad was once an item, should be easy to remake. just create an item that spawns the slam explosion entity and blows up lol.

Although grapple hook may need some tweaking. Figuring out usage and price. there is also several plugins for grapple hook so we will have to find the best and port it into the rp framework.

this one has ridiculous amount of fluff. not sure if we need all of it just the grapple part.

forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1839628
  • Users Online 1

1 Guest