✨Cat◞ˢᵘᵐᶦ✧˖°™ Admin Application

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ✨Cat◞ˢᵘᵐᶦ✧˖°™ Admin Application

Steam Name: ✨Cat◞ˢᵘᵐᶦ✧˖°™

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:43196913

How long have you been a part of our community?
    :

- It all started early december last year 2018. I know, it's a very short period of time, but since I were online almost every day, I could start making friends and understand how everything works and how to play RolePlay on Half Life 2 Deathmatch.

What does being a staff member entail?:

- Being a Staff Member on the Server is a huge responsibility. Representing the Server in a positive way is a must and it is very important to be mature enough to handle things properly.
    Since I respect every Player and every Admin, however they act torwards me, I feel ready to take this position and maybe watch for myself if I am good enough for this.

Why do you believe that you deserve to be granted a trial-staff position?:

- I was thinking a lot of times to apply for this position and tried to be as helpful as possible 24/7 on the Server. It was possible for me to assist and guide new or old Players without having Admin rights. My personal goal is, to keep everything fair and fun and avoid any kind of drama on the Server.

Do you have any previous staffing experience(s) (List community and, if possible, rank)?:

Server:
    Area 51 Deathrun
    Duration: 3 years

Do you understand the basic commands of our server that we use? If so please list how to do the following(Completely):

a). Kicking a player: /kick doggy "breaking rules"
    b). Banning a player(for one day): /ban doggy 0/1440 "ignore warnings"
    c). Creating a prop: /db_create "prop name"
    d). Freezing a prop: /freezeit
    e). Saving a prop: /save
    f). Connecting a prop to a door: /linkpropdoor #(number of the door)
    g). How to look up any SourceMod command: sm_searchcmd

Explain how you would handle the following situations

A player says they suspect another player of hacking:

- Asking for proofs and details of the suspected Player and start spectating +recording later on. By successfully spotting a hacking act, I would inform a higher Admin about this and maybe open a Report against this Player.

A cop is rdming other players:

- First I would make sure, that Lockdown is not ongoin and no Rebel shot him/her first. If nothing of this happend and the Cop rdm other Players, I would warn and remind this Cop about the Cop Rules. When he/she keeps attacking others, I would start kicking and if continues banning this Player.
    After that, I would open a Cop Abuse thread.

A rebel is rdming players under ten hours:

- Tell and warn the Player to stop killing Players under 10 Hours and make sure, that this Player read the Server Rules to understand what he can and not do. If this Player ignores and continues killing, I would start punish the Player by (First Warning) Kick - (Second Warning) Ban him/her.

A new player connects who has never played lite rp before:

- If he/she wants my help, I would tell them the important commands like; /tutorial | /motd | /items | /job and explain how to play on a RP Server.

A player says they have lost their cop due to a mess up:

- I would talk to a higher Admin or Doggy about this issue. If the cop privilege loss is caused by a mess up from the Player, I would look for a Cop abuse thread about this Player to get a clear view of this situation.

Have you read and understood the community rules?:

-Too often and yes.

Do you understand that it will be your job to enforce these rules?:

- Yes!

Do you understand that you as a staff member are still to abide by these rules along with others pertaining to staff?:

- Yes!

Do you understand that misuse of your rank will result in your immediate removal as well as other possible consequences such as a ban?:

- Yes!

Best regards

-Catsumi-

The post was edited 8 times, last by Kyuto ().

• At first, I was a little skeptial playing with you cat with the whole bias cop thing at the beginning but after our talk you were very polite about what you were doing wrong and stopped it immediately and I was impressed with how you handled the situation with me towards you. I like the person you are on the server and can very well see you on the admin team. There are some things I'd like to see like you helping newer players on the server and maybe not being as toxic to other toxic players as much just as I think about everyone but its a +1 from me
    You defeat your enemies when they become your friends
  • Hard to get a read on Cat, who is quiet and often cryptic when actually speaking. He also seems to have convinced numerous players that he is a girl despite being a player from the past known to be a male. So either lying then or lying now, neither of which is great and is a bit of a red flag. I can also attest to the "hot and cold" behavior - I have seen Cat go leaps and bounds to help new players, especially those who are also German, but have also seen him spend hours chasing and killing specific players relentlessly for getting killed once or twice, and having no problem talking (which he claims is awkward for him) while pissed off and doing that.

This is likely the strongest of this new wave of apps, but Cat is very new and relatively unknown to the server, even those who play around him the most. I can't voice my support for this.
  • Okay I’m positive that I know exactly who this is. His name is Phil. He was in fact an admin on Area 51 server. He was a very fair admin, never had any complaints about him while I was around. He was a good guy. Not sure why he’s tricking people into thinking he’s a girl. I’m not voting since I don’t play anymore but I am however trying to help others know about Phil. He’s used to the Area 51 death run server,not sure how much he’s played rp. He likes to joke around I will say that but he’s generally a really great guy.
    “no admin for nova“- The Doggy 7/3/2018 @21:50pm (9:50pm)
  • Thank you all for the votes and honest opinion about me!

To all who thought, I am a female.

I never pointed out my gender at all. All I do is telling people not to assume gender or don't give a proper answer to the question what gender I am.

I am not tricking people or anything like that.
    Its actually my fault and I know it but there is a reason why I dont want to tell my gender yet.
  • {EE} SheetMusic wrote:

Hard to get a read on Cat, who is quiet and often cryptic when actually speaking. He also seems to have convinced numerous players that he is a girl despite being a player from the past known to be a male. So either lying then or lying now, neither of which is great and is a bit of a red flag. I can also attest to the "hot and cold" behavior - I have seen Cat go leaps and bounds to help new players, especially those who are also German, but have also seen him spend hours chasing and killing specific players relentlessly for getting killed once or twice, and having no problem talking (which he claims is awkward for him) while pissed off and doing that.

This is likely the strongest of this new wave of apps, but Cat is very new and relatively unknown to the server, even those who play around him the most. I can't voice my support for this.
    I agree with this especially the first part "Hard to get a read on Cat, who is quiet and often cryptic when actually speaking.".

I haven't had much change to get to know of him/her, most of the time when we've been on the server Cat has been afk or has kept to themselves.
    I personally haven't seen him/her correcting anyone for them thinking Cat was a she, he/she just went with it and did not correct the assumptions, not that if it matters if were he or she. It is essential to know the staff members well, it builds trust in community. You cannot trust someone completely if you know nothing of them or can't be sure of anything about them.
    Staff member cannot stay awkwardly silent in left corner, when they feel awkward. When needed they have to act and stand by their actions.

My final conclusion is no, there still much that I would like to get to know of Cat before changing my vote to positive (-1).
    [RP] You eat a Taco and begin healing for about 50 HP
  • Tacomeat wrote:

{EE} SheetMusic wrote:

Hard to get a read on Cat, who is quiet and often cryptic when actually speaking. He also seems to have convinced numerous players that he is a girl despite being a player from the past known to be a male. So either lying then or lying now, neither of which is great and is a bit of a red flag. I can also attest to the "hot and cold" behavior - I have seen Cat go leaps and bounds to help new players, especially those who are also German, but have also seen him spend hours chasing and killing specific players relentlessly for getting killed once or twice, and having no problem talking (which he claims is awkward for him) while pissed off and doing that.

I agree with this especially the first part "Hard to get a read on Cat, who is quiet and often cryptic when actually speaking.".
    I haven't had much change to get to know of him/her, most of the time when we've been on the server Cat has been afk or has kept to themselves.
    I personally haven't seen him/her correcting anyone for them thinking Cat was a she, he/she just went with it and did not correct the assumptions, not that if it matters if were he or she. It is essential to know the staff members well, it builds trust in community. You cannot trust someone completely if you know nothing of them or can't be sure of anything about them.
    Staff member cannot stay awkwardly silent in left corner, when they feel awkward. When needed they have to act and stand by their actions.

My final conclusion is no, there still much that I would like to get to know of Cat before changing my vote to positive (-1).
    Thank you for your point of view, but for someone who just recently joined the server again, it's kinda hard to fully get to know about me. It's kinda unfair to leave this opinion here, since you dont even know me.

I personally have no trouble interracting with people who wants to talk or play with me. I agree, that I am quiet sometimes, but this is only because I have literally nothing to say or I am busy with someone ingame or in real life. Or i am casually bhopping accros the map.

Maybe you play on that time, when I am about to head off. That could be the reason why you only catch me AFKing.
  • Prior experience is a major +.

I've honestly heard no Complaints about the Player nor have I seen any Bans.

The application looks pretty solid.

As for the Gender allegations and such, who honestly cares? Maybe Cat identifies as both or is Trans. I give zero fucks about Gender.

What I care about in an Admin is their Will to Help, their Mental Maturity and if they have the ability to for the most part be unbiased when it comes to disagreements with players they may not like.

I want more Admin feedback before I give my + or -.

• {EE} SheetMusic wrote:

I agree on this. cat is an interesting player for sure lol. I feel like he is ok generally but also kind of a wild card.

I also agree with volar that gender doesn't matter.
  • Ive waited a bit before i comment on this app. My first expression of cat was that he/she was a very friendly and helpful people towards newer and older people. Cat showed people how to play the game and adapted quickly to the rules. Cat definetly fits in our community, as she already contributed new ideas and suggestions for the server, aswell as solving conflicts. For now , its a +1, but i wish that you learn more about our staff members, as you've only been playing for a month.