Clit's Guide To Huds/Skins

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Clit's Guide To Huds/Skins

HUD

Ok the first thing you'll want to do is become familiar (If You aren't already) with you're HL2 files found respectively within:
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2 Deathmatch

Once you've become familiar with the directory's above make your way to an external website that offers skins and hud.(I.E GameBanana,HL2DM.NET)

Here's one from CS.GO that has been requested from time to time, and can be found at gamebanana.com/guis/31058

Now you need a "my_custom_stuff" folder and named exactly that put into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2 Deathmatch\hl2

Now you need to extract the HUD to the directory which can be found above.

Weapons
      Now that you've made a "my_custom_stuff" folder, if you've extracted the hud to you're directory correctly you should already have a "materials" folder
      within there if you do not already have a "models" folder create one now,
      and within the "models" folder now create a "weapons" folder.
      with you're directory address looking like this :
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2 Deathmatch\hl2mp\custom\my_custom_stuff\materials\models\weapons

Now to acquire some weapon skins which can also be found on GameBanana
      Here is one i've used for years.... gamebanana.com/skins/29998 It is a magnum skin but others can be found and placed in the same respective manner.

Now create folders inside the "weapons" folder such as "V_357" which we will use in this case,

You will now want to extract the .vtf and .vmt file you just downloaded for the revolver to you're :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2 Deathmatch\hl2mp\custom\my_custom_stuff\materials\models\weapons\v_357

When you decide to import other weapons you will need folders such as : "V_shotgun" and v_physcannon" and "v_crowbar" etc.
      REDFLASH REMOVAL
      Another requested how - to is the removal of the REDFLASH upon damage.

now you can do this to limit the flash based on which direction your being shot from, what you'll want to do is open your "hud animations" file which can be found in : IF YOU HAVE A CUSTOM HUD ENABLED other wise it will be found in its original respective directory.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2 Deathmatch\hl2mp\custom\my_custom_stuff\scripts

From here you'll want to scroll the event sections until you come across

event HudTakeDamageBehind
      {
      RunEvent HudTakeDamageLeft 0.0
      RunEvent HudTakeDamageRight 0.0
      }
      To make this extremely simple all the events for take damage will result in REDFLASH and by just deleting the text whether it be "event HudTakeDamageBehind,Front,Left,Right etc will ultimately result in the removal of the REDFLASH based on what you delete, as you can see "HudTakeDamageBehind" is the only one i have enabled as well as drowning.

Hope This Helps Many.

Grab you're coat it's CoLD!