Calling all mappers and server coders! Lets make this server even better!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Calling all mappers and server coders! Lets make this server even better!

27 MAY 2019 UPDATE wrote:

Click for images

Finished the Bank
      Finished the Police Station
      Finished the Garage
      Finished the Electric Generators (and have the function to be turned off which will turn off all the electricity in the Safe Zone)
      Finished the Apartment Complex

I love the server and the community thus far! I want to help make this server more alive and interactive. Shout out to LawDog for going above and beyond in helping me getting started and hooking me into the server as a new guy!
      But this is where I see the problem happening, needing someone like LawDog dedicate so much time to help new players understand the server because if it wasn't him or Ahmed I would have left within minutes. This is where I want to jump in and help and would love the input.

Game and purpose:
      For over simplification HL2:DM is a shooting and killing game and the server states roleplay. The audience that comes in here will want both worlds; a place to kill and a place to roleplay and interact. For example, people loving zombie events because that's their chance to kill. Currently, zombie events are kinda rare so people kill each other. The problem with this is when players don't have anyone to kill and just go AFK.

Understanding Roleplay:
      1. The MOTD should be divided even more sections. The first screen should state the most important short and clear message. Then have sub-sections for more in dept reading. New players don't like to read and just want to play the game so lets give our players that option.
      2. Slowly understanding the server mechanics. The map should contain a section that contains enemy NPCs, either strong zombies or soldiers guarding some valuable cargo. So new players, who only know how to kill, at least have a purpose. As they die trying to get the cargo that's when they will take initiative to start learning the mechanics, such as getting a jobs, and learning ways to make money, working as a team, and ultimately interacting with other players. This should eliminate the need to having admins teach new players everything just to get them hooked into the server and also gives players a reason to stay online more often.

Getting It Done:
      1. Coders

• PLAN: Implementing elements that will rewards new players who know nothing about the server
        1. Add dailies related to killing NPC (zombies or soldiers)
        2. To be determined by suggestions...
      • EXECUTION: Add your name if you want to get involved with this task
        1. [Name here]
        2. [Name here]
      1. Mappers

• PLAN: A map that contains all the elements to roleplaying and also an area for killing. We will work in a shared drive so we have access to the game and build it together.
        1. Fallout like map: A large SAFEZONE where people can do their roleplaying, and a whole hostile world for killing and rewards
        2. To be determined by suggestions...
      • EXECUTION: Add your name if you want to get involved with this task
        1. Shadow39
        2. [Name here]
      I already got started on a map and would love the input. Building this map exclusively for this server therefore I would love the coders to get involved too. The sky (skybox lol) is our limit!SZ.jpgTerrain_Top.JPGTerrain_Side.JPGTerrain_SideWF.JPGDiagram.png
      Diagram Image:
      Brown Spots: Small Villages
      Grey Squares: Bases or Cities

The post was edited 6 times, last by Shadow39: Update 27MAY2019 ().

• UPDATE 27MAY2019

Finished the Bank
      SZ_Bank.JPG

Finished the Police Station
      SZ_Police Station_1.JPGSZ_Police Station_2.JPGSZ_Police Station_3.JPGSZ_Police Station_4.JPG

Finished the Garage
      SZ_Garage.JPG

Finished the Electric Generators (and have the function to be turned off which will turn off all the electricity in the Safe Zone)
      SZ_Electric Generators_1.JPGSZ_Electric Generators_2.JPG

Finished the Apartment Complex

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kyuto ().

• Shadow39 wrote:

syle22 wrote:

Love the enthusiasm shadow

Im working on more npcs for you guys to kill and making sure the 1v1 dm system is working fully.

Feedback is always apprecaited
      Let me ask since you are the server owner. Are you guys interested in a new map? I am building it from scratch for your team.
      We are interested in new maps always.

It might be fun to integrate new npc events onto a new type of map