Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/id/KILLnSPILL/

Information of Accused:
    IGN: ҳ̸Ҳ̸ҳShadowlandTERRORISTҳ
    SteamID: STEAM_0:0:19490667
    Steam Profile: Shadowland

What rules did said players break?:
    - Suicide Out of Combat (SOC)

Your description of what your demo/screenshots contains:
    -I pushed Shadow into a garage after he was released from jail and walled him in with slams (see screen cap). Shadow usually responds to loud sounds like explosions, so I placed one slam at the end of the driveway and triggered it. He immediately SOC'd (see screen cap 2).

Witnesses at the scene:
    No, but I have the evidence

Was there an admin online at the time?:
    - Lawdog

If the previous question was 'yes' why did they not deal with this?:
    - Lawdog didn't want to ban due to seeming like he is showing favor and asked me to get a secondary admin to chime in.

Does player have previous bans?:
    - Yes, 4

EVIDENCE:
  • We need more Admin's opinions please,

I did not see the alleged S.O.C., but I was very active at the time and heard about it.

Below are some in game chats after this took place.

.................................................................................................................................
    [[sex]] ҳ̸Ҳ̸ҳShadowlandTERRORISTҳ : YOU 111
    Lawdog : why u suicide ?
    KILL THRILL n SPILL : You SOC out of the slams immediately after I triggered one, you cannot do that
    Lawdog : shadow was he shooting ?
    [[sex]] ҳ̸Ҳ̸ҳShadowlandTERRORISTҳ : no
    Lawdog : did you see him ?
    KILL THRILL n SPILL : Yes, I have demo of it
    [[sex]] ҳ̸Ҳ̸ҳShadowlandTERRORISTҳ : no
    ...........................................................................................................................

So I saw Shadow at the PD jail release spawn point just AFK after he got released from jail and so did Kill THRILL n SPILL. I

was telling Kill on mic something along the lines of,

"What's the point of killing Shadow if you don't get ELO, but he is there AFK in front of PD".

No one seemed to have any dailies involved with killing that I knew of which could be one use for an AFK Shadowlands, but

I believed Kill hid him (pushed him) indoors apparently and took this first photo while waiting, as Kill said in game, for Shadow

to become active. Then, when I was not close to this area of incident to see, I heard Kill on mic say what had happened.

At that moment no deaths registered in game that I could see.
  • First of all:

Micobot wrote:

This isnt combat. This is trapped in a corner. Combat implies fighting, you aren't shooting or causing damage, you are baiting a reaction. And this is the reaction you got.

if this was actually combat, he and yourself would be flagged in combat and suicide disabled. Shoot your hostage in the kneecaps next time, keeps them from moving.
    "Do not intentionally suicide (...) to avoid combat,(...)
    (...)
    - This has nothing to do with the combat lagging system
    (...)"
    Combat has nothing to do with the flagging system it is just there to prevent soc (also wtf are you doing here you are neither playing the game, a staff member or a witness?)!

Others then that that this particular case is really hard. He is not being chased down or fired. BUT "Slams don't discriminate.(...) This excludes (...) placing SLAMs on Entrances that only have one way after watching a Player Enter." So in my opinion this was indeed SOC. Shadow intellectually killed himself to prevent being killed by Kill but I will not accept/deny this ban request and let the higher admins decide here.
  • Combat implies that both people engaged in it have a chance to kill the other, in this situation if shadow was indeed alone in a garage surrounded by slams he would have no way of killing kill thrill thus resulting in the combat being null and void.

The suiciding out of combat rule is there to prevent people who are actively being shot at or chased from killing themselves to avoid combat, since shadow wasn't being shot at and there's no way to tell if kill was ever going to shoot at him it doesn't count.

Like doom said, if I came back from afk to find myself trapped in a bunch of slams I would just suicide as well. If kill actually wanted to get elo or respect from shadow then he should've just shot him in the head while he was afk and he would've gained far more than he lost by letting shadow just afk.

Denied.