Beamed Admin Application

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Beamed Admin Application

Steam Name: BEAMED

SteamID: steamcommunity.com/id/Seanzayy/

How long have you been a part of our community(either server)?:Old FES Member. About 400 hrs on Syle22 Dark RP. My current play time is 14 Days(2/16/2020)

What does being a staff member entail?: Making sure nobody is hacking/cheating, enforcing the server rules, helping any players (old or new) in anyway possible, also showing new players how to get started, and show them the map if they're unfamiliar.
    Why do you believe that you deserve to be granted a trial-staff position?: I am very dedicated to the server, always have been, and will continue to be. I follow rules as well as making sure other players are aware of the rules, I feel if the chance is given I will prove to be a great admin, I am very fair, very helpful, and always make sure I'm not doing anything wrong!

Do you have any previous staffing experience(s) (List community and, if possible, rank)?: I have had experience with admin in the past, I was an admin for a Dark RP server on HL2DM (Airwolf's Server) along with a few other that I can't quite remember the name of, as well as many admin experience in garrys mod aswell! (not sure if that counts!)

Do you understand the basic commands of our server that we use? If so please list how to do the following(Completely): YES
    a). Kicking a player: /kick (name) (reason)
    b). Banning a player(for one day): /ban (name) 1440 (reason)
    c). Creating a prop: /db_create (propname)
    d). Freezing a prop: /freezeit
    e). Saving a prop: /save
    f). Connecting a prop to a door: /linkpropdoor #
    g). How to look up any SourceMod command: In the console type sm_searchcmd

Explain how you would handle the following situations:

A player says they suspect another player of hacking:
    If there is I would make sure to get proof, I would keep a close eye on the player to see if there is any truth to the accusation of hacking. I would contact fellow admins about it and make sure the correct ban was issued.

A cop is rdming other players:
    I would have them revisit the motd, and make sure they are aware of the rules and tell them to stop doing it. If they then continued to do it after me speaking to them, I would bring it up to a higher up admin as they should lose their cop.

A rebel is rdming players under ten hours:
    I would have them revisit the motd (the specific area) I would remind them of the rules, and tell them to stop, if they didn’t listen I would then ban them for 30 minutes giving me enough time to discuss it with other staff members in regards to punishment time.

A new player connects whom has never played lite rp before:
    I would start by telling them to take a look at the motd, then I would try to explain to them about the game - how it works, different commands, and what you can do with different jobs(typing /job) showing them around, tell them they can do /tutorial as well as asking any questions they have regarding how to play/what to do, just try to be helpful in general.

A player says they have lost their cop due to a mess up:
    I would look more into the situation, contact a higher up admin(root preferably) to make sure it is an actual mistake. Then I will figure out whether we can help this person, or if it is just someone trying to get repromoted!

Have you read and understood the community rules?: Yes I have.

Do you understand that it will be your job to enforce these rules?: Yes, not only enforce, but follow them at the same time.

Do you understand that you as a staff member are still to abide by these rules along with others pertaining to staff?: Yes

Do you understand that misuse of your rank will result in your immediate removal as well as other possible consequences such as a ban?: Yes, very understanding.
    If I told you I was different, would you understand the difference?

The post was edited 4 times, last by Beamed: Edited: How long have you been a part of our community. ().

• This is a great app , glad you've applied.

I think the lack of +1's on this app indicate that many people don't know you very well yet. I can see you are a solid player and many of our older staff might remember you from the past.
    My suggestion is to keep playing daily and continue getting to know our regular players. All admin apps are valued and kept on file for future openings.

Good Luck and thanks for applying !
  • This application has captured my attention. One of the most important things about being an admin is how an individual helps to support and boost the community as a whole. It's a massive privilege as well as a responsibility at times to take care of players, and help the server run smoothly. I agree with Hand of Doom that taking time is a good thing in order to gain +1's and support, this process also takes dedication to the game. From what I have gathered myself about Beamed, seems good to me overall thus far and it's a beautiful application. Starting at a trial admin position is a challenge in itself to get to Basic. When the time comes for a decision to be made, as it stands currently, he has a Plus One from me.

+1

The post was edited 3 times, last by Lawdog ().

• Guys, please take a closer look at both of our applications, as you can tell they are not similar, maybe a few questions, but how else can you answer the questions? They're aren't 100 different ways. Just retake a look please :D
    If I told you I was different, would you understand the difference?
  • I do not often comment on posts but that being said i liked this application it really spoke volumes to me as it reminded me very much of my own.... honestly am flattered you thought my application was good enough to copy from but its always better to be original and be yourself so although my opinion isn't much i am going to have to say its a -1 from me
  • Code Beamed wrote:

Guys, please take a closer look at both of our applications, as you can tell they are not similar, maybe a few questions, but how else can you answer the questions? They're aren't 100 different ways. Just retake a look please :D
    mhhh
    -----------------------------

Monsters app:
    I would check the player out see if there is any truth to the accusation of hacking if there is I would speak to fellow admins about it and make sure I had proof in case needed, then make sure the correct ban was issued.

Codes app:
    If there is I would make sure to get proof, I would keep a close eye on the player to see if there is any truth to the accusation of hacking. I would contact fellow admins about it and make sure the correct ban was issued.

Mosters app:
    I would remind them of the rules, and ask them to stop, if they didn’t listen i would then ban him for 30 minutes giving me enough time to discuss it with other staff members in regards to punishment time.

Codes app:
    I would have them revisit the motd (the specific area) I would remind them of the rules, and tell them to stop, if they didn’t listen I would then ban them for 30 minutes giving me enough time to discuss it with other staff members in regards to punishment time.
    -------------------------------
    Its quite similar if you ask me. The problem here is we want to see what YOU would do in these specific situations, that is what the questions are for and its ok to get some inspiration from other admin apps. But at the end we want YOUR own personal answer, not a copy pasted one even if its changed a bit.
  • Does anyone els think that we need to put a Large Disclaimer somewhere in the forum that tells players who are applying for things that new applications with too many similarities to older submissions will be rejected? At least some kind of plagiarism disclaimer or warning. I apologize if it already exists, this is frustrating and all too familiar.
  • Restored your application, please refrain from deleting it as players and admins are still free to give their opinion based on it, if you want to redo your application feel free to edit it with updated info. Otherwise if you aren't wanting to apply for admin anymore let us know and we'll close the thread.

Closed since beamed made a new app.