Beamed Admin Application

• Beamed Admin Application

Administration Application

Steam Name: BEAMED

SteamID: steamcommunity.com/id/Seanzayy/

How long have you been a part of our community(either server)?:
    - Overall 1500+ hours - Old FES Member. Currently 37 days(888hrs). (3/21/2020)

What does being a staff member entail?:
    - Being a good staff member is somebody who is reliable. Somebody you can always count on to do the right thing, one who is friendly, outgoing, honest, and positive at all times. A good staff member will be the first one to greet a new player to the server, and will be willing to answer any and every question that player may have! A good staff member is extremely fair, and will listen to both sides of a story before making a final decision, a good staff member is somebody who cares about the server and the players on the server(old and new). A good staff member will follow and enforce the rules, even to their closest friends! All of these are the things that make ME a great staff member!

Why do you believe that you deserve to be granted a trial-staff position?:
    - I have a great amount of integrity, honesty, friendliness, and overall I understand the game. I always follow the rules as well as enforcing them at all times, I am on the server 99% of the time I'm not doing anything, I get along with players greatly, and I feel as if I would fit right in with the rest of the admins and I would be a great asset to my community!
    This server offers an awesome community to it's staff, players and future players in so many different ways it would be an absolute honor to join the team!

Do you have any previous staffing experience(s) (List community and, if possible, rank)?:
    - Yes. I have had experience with admin in the past. I was an admin for a Dark RP server on HL2DM (Airwolf's Server) along with a few other that I can't quite remember the name of, as well as admin experience in Garry's Mod as well. (not sure if that counts!)

Do you understand the basic commands of our server that we use? If so please list how to do the following(Completely):
    a). Kicking a player: /kick (Player)
    b). Banning a player(for one day): /ban (Player) (Time) (Reason)
    c). Creating a prop: /db_create (Prop)
    d). Freezing a prop: /freezeit
    e). Saving a prop: /save
    f). Connecting a prop to a door: /linkpropdoor (Door#)
    g). How to look up any SourceMod command: sm_help in Console

Explain how you would handle the following situations:

A player says they suspect another player of hacking:
    - I would keep a close eye on this player, if anything starts to get fishy during my observation, I will then start recording a demo (Typing Record in Console), I will continue to watch the player, if their is any signs of hacking I will then contact other admins, show them my proof and make sure that player gets the rightful ban they deserve for hacking.

A cop is RDMing other players:
    - I would first make sure it is actually an RDM, and not just self-defense. If it is RDM I will reinsure the cop is familiar with the servers !motd rules, and that there will be consequences if the RDMing continues!

A rebel is RDMing players under ten hours:
    - I will tell that player to revisit the servers !motd, as it specifically states in the rules that you MAY NOT RDM players under 10 hours of play time. If the RDMing continues I will then take action by kicking the player as a warning, and if it then continues, I will contact other admins, and make sure the player is receiving the rightful ban.

A new player connects whom has never played lite rp before:
    - I will first greet the player. Ask them if it is their first time on this game, or if they're played before. I will explain a bit about the server, about the rules in the MOTD, be happy to answer any questions. I would explain there is a /tutorial they can visit. I will also enlighten them about the different jobs the server has to offer, what the jobs do (/job) and basically what you "should" be doing in a normal RP server!

A player says they have lost their cop due to a mess up:
    - I will hear the player out and look deeper into it. I will contact some other admins to see if they are aware of the issue. I will make sure it was just a "mess up" and not just a player trying to cheat admins to get their cop back.

Have you read and understood the community rules?:
    - Yes, multiple times.

Do you understand that it will be your job to enforce these rules?:
    - Yes, more then just enforcing them, but making sure I always follow the rules to be one of the BEST!

Do you understand that you as a staff member are still to abide by these rules along with others pertaining to staff?:
    - Yes, although a player is a admin, they are still a regular player just like everybody else, who must abide by the rules, making sure to follow and enforce!

Do you understand that misuse of your rank will result in your immediate removal as well as other possible consequences such as a ban?:
    - Yes very understandable, without a doubt.
    If I told you I was different, would you understand the difference?

The post was edited 3 times, last by Beamed ().

• From my "investigations" this app is legit :thumbup: , I understand that there is only a certain amount of ways to make an application and the answers will be the same or a bit extreme, e.g.

Code Beamed wrote:

one who is friendly, outgoing, honest, and positive at all times
    But i can tell beamed really wants a position on the team, (He remade his app wowee), and he could get it. Now, I could say good job +1 and that's that, BUT that last app still pulls it down a bit (you know what i mean? no? sux) On the last app doggy said,

The Doggy wrote:

If someone doesn't have the common sense to not plagiarize someone else's app then they shouldn't have admin imo.
    And to be honest its true, you don't do the work you don't get the position. This is what we look for in applications, someone who deserves it. For this i give

+0.5
    A-well-a-bird, bird, bird is the word! Don't you know about the bird? Everybody knows that the bird is the word!
  • Doggy Challenged him in a way by telling him,

"If someone doesn't have the common sense to not plagiarize someone else's app then they shouldn't have admin imo."

This Player Beamed does not go down without out a fight. It will be interesting to see

other comments on this post.

Your mistakes should not define you, but how you handle those mistakes is what counts.

This is what I think of this app.
    + 1.5
  • BEAMED - I have played on the server a few times. (I am sort of newer to HL2DM) but when I was playing on the server, beamed was a huge help to me. Showing me around the map, explaining the game to me more in depth. He showed me tons of commands that I can use, and about a bunch of the jobs! If anybody deserves admin I think it would have to be beamed! He knows a lot about the game, he is a great player, he's always positive and friendly to the new players from what I've experienced so far! He was also great at playing as a cop! And after reading this application it was just amazing, and I think the server would love to see such a great player promoted!

With this being said +1 from me!
  • Everyone: Thank you all so much for the feedback! I really do appreciate it! I try to give my all to the server whenever I can. This is such a great community and it's a great pleasure to play HL2 with all of you! Thank you again!
  • I have only had small encounters with BEAMED. Although he seems like a friendly, respectful player that is well aware of the rules. The whole copy and paste from another application situation got me shook. Sure he has made up for it by creating a new application and putting it into his own words. (Could have just edited your old one instead of making a new one) But it wasn't entirely on his own accord. I have no doubt it was just a mistake and BEAMED would be a good admin. But in saying all of this, for now I am going to just add my input purely on the fact that I have seen BEAMED online for probably 2 hours since my return. So I haven't had the chance to properly interact with him. This is nor a +1/-1 as I stated in a later comment, seeing you around a bit more and having the chance to get to know you a bit better can sway my vote.

The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting

The post was edited 1 time, last by IDaab: Gay ().

• IDaab wrote:

I have only had small encounters with BEAMED. Although he seems like a friendly, respectful player that is well aware of the rules. The whole copy and paste from another application situation got me shook. Sure he has made up for it by creating a new application and putting it into his own words. (Could have just edited your old one instead of making a new one) But it wasn't entirely on his own accord. I have no doubt it was just a mistake and BEAMED would probably be a good admin. But in saying all of this, for now I have to go with -1 purely on the fact that I have seen BEAMED online for probably 2 hours since my return. So I haven't had the chance to properly interact with him.

Thank you for the feedback, I am on as often as I can be! I hope to see you online soon to play together, so we can get to know each other a bit more and hopefully be able to change your mind! :)
  • IDaab wrote:

I have only had small encounters with BEAMED. Although he seems like a friendly, respectful player that is well aware of the rules. The whole copy and paste from another application situation got me shook. Sure he has made up for it by creating a new application and putting it into his own words. (Could have just edited your old one instead of making a new one) But it wasn't entirely on his own accord. I have no doubt it was just a mistake and BEAMED would probably be a good admin. But in saying all of this, for now I have to go with -1 purely on the fact that I have seen BEAMED online for probably 2 hours since my return. So I haven't had the chance to properly interact with him.

Actually he's been on here a lot.
  • Beamed wrote:

IDaab wrote:

Thank you for the feedback, I am on as often as I can be! I hope to see you online soon to play together, so we can get to know each other a bit more and hopefully be able to change your mind! :)
    As I stated, I only -1 on the fact that I haven't personally interacted with you a lot. My mind can be changed, leading me to +1 this at a later date. Goodluck.
    The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting
  • if you haven’t met him you shouldn’t give him a minus one for your lack of experience knowing him— not like you should +1 but neutral should be better

personally I like beamed and he shows dedication and drive to help the server in a way I haven’t seen in quiet some time. I may have made rude remarks but that’s just me attempting to be funny. (From my standpoint on his deposition on the forum he has my

+1
  • I haven't known Beamed for a while, we've talked on a few occasions but I haven't seen anything bad about how he interacts with the player base or its players. From the copying of another players application I wasn't too keen on, my thoughts being, if you can't make your own application for admin then you don't deserve it.
    After being called out for it he immediately changed his application and fought the problem head on and learned from his mistakes. I think that's a good trait to have, knowing when you're wrong and what to do to fix it.
    Talking with some of the other admins and pushing his Application to be looked at rubs me the wrong way because it wasn't just a few admins but rather ones that have already posted as well. Admin applications take time to review and most admins can't get to it right a way, that's why you see some applications haven't been denied nor accepted after months, so don't think that it will be any different with yours.
    I would advise you to learn patience towards this position and give it time rather than getting everyone to look at it when they aren't ready to yet or are just pre-occupied with something else. This can lead you to getting negative reviews and are seen as red flags.

Never the less, I think you are excited to help out as much as you can and i'm thinking it wouldn't hurt to give you a try IMO.

+1
    You defeat your enemies when they become your friends