Suggestion: Map Change or Next Map Rotation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• syle22 wrote:

map change is june 7th. if you find me a better map before then we can add it to a poll but there are points birdi already made indicating that poll will fail.
      Is June 7th the final date? What if you were to create another poll asking players if they want to stay with Pray or switch to Venice, the other map selection. I think a majority of the server would want the switch because of what fungus stated above at the end.
      If I told you I was different, would you understand the difference?
    • Birddieboo wrote:

Gay idea

Crashes are good - Forces people to play instead of afking then leaving their computer on for 2 days to gather money

This map has had (what I've seen) 8 - 28 players on and is gain new players everyday

Map = easy - layout for new players is understandable and is very simple
      This is like saying getting AIDS is good. Accepting crashes as a good thing is ignorant and lazy.
      Improvement in game play will continue to bring growth and new players to the server. I wish i knew more about how to correct the issues, but the above attitude is not one of them.

I would think if you were running a little business such as this, attracting people to buy your VIP packages would be top priority. Server crashes and unstable play do not attract people to the server, especially RP. Many players are using printers, growing plants among other things and playing the wait game only to come back on and find a crashed game. Many players enter the lottery and lose all their money due to the crash. Most of the time we see no refund. Losing 50k at a time is not a good way to promote player participation. These issues need some attention. If map change contributes to a fix i'm all in for a map change.

+1 map change if it helps these problems
    • I guess as someone who's map was in the previous pole, and has lead to some map changes occurring early due to releases.. I thought I'd jump in for a moment.

When freemancity v2 came out, it wasn't well received and the player base dropped to some very low points during its run time. But we stuck to it until the next official map change date. The point being, even when the server had few players and a map that can stay up for days on end, we'd often stick to it until the cycle was over.

Now, having said that.. people appear to be very vocal about wanting to change. Some have even suggested possibly going to Venice since it was on the recent poll as well. I am all for this, but also against it.

- Venice had issues packing assets into the final compile that brought us the Lighting update and several bug fixes. so we'd have to jump back to he initial version Humam had sent me with his boss addition.
      - Going to Venice would also present a very familiar map style that we just left with Amsterville, which I believe many people would not want to jump back to after being on it for 3 months.

Like Syle has said earlier, if you want to switch now.. the best way to really make a change happen is if you make something new and present it. In the end although limited everyone has the chance to vote for what they wanted and overwhelmingly chose Pray. So that isthe choice that was made, and its the choice everyone must live with. If you didn't vote, wait till the next one then.
    • Is Linesse READY?

that is an amazing map, most players really prefer it, it had great numbers.

Amazing VIP................Check

Amazing PD.................Check

Boats.......................check

Rooftops.......................check

lots of apartments...................check

big Bases for our rich econ...............double check

big map with lots of secrets....................check

long streets and hills for max speed auto-jump....check

Linesse is one of the most beloved maps. :thumbup:
    • Beamed wrote:

eldrun wrote:

map switches take time due to setup, it also is hard to find a map everyone likes due to variety and the recycling of the same maps over the past 11 years.
      What was most successful/most liked map do ya think?
      most successful was technically freemancity or uptown but those were both so overused they’re no longer the most liked. Don’t ask which is most liked because I can’t give you numbers
    • We do roughly 90 day Map Cycles so Players both new and old can experience the Map and get into a norm as it were.

We also space it out since there are a limited number of proper Maps for HL2DM that we know work and accept what we have Plugin wise without failures in some fashion.

As a Note, when the Vote went up there was a reason I Voted Venice and that's because I remembered our time on Pray when it was first Introduced, guess what happened back then too? (Psst.. tons of quick crashes.) I was actually quite Vocal about it in Discord at the time, but I hate repeating myself(Huge pet peeve) so I only said it once in two channels and went about my life.

Map Setups don't stick, sure we seem to be able to keep two Maps stored for the Refund Function + Current Map but every single Map switch takes time due to needing Admins to go through and Set it up for you Players to play on.
      The current Map took roughly 3 days of several different Admins logging on and checking things, then redoing things as they didn't work properly or save properly.
      Every Map is like this, if one Admin does it all then it takes 5-8 hours straight maybe more depending on Map Size and Secrets to fully set up.

Hell I remember one Map Cycle(2 Amstervilles ago) that I set the Map up, it took me almost 5 hours to set up the Map while learning everything since it was new to me at the time, next day something happened and literally nothing saved which made me have to solo Redo the whole Map again. It took about 3 1/2 hours since I was in a hurry and knew what I had just done the day before, later that day the Database messed up AGAIN and I got super pissed. So I did it a third time, the third time took almost 9 hours because I decided I wasn't doing it anymore and wrote up a Step by Step Guide for Admins to follow to Set up a New Map. I slowly set up the Map again while making a Guide to follow after each and every Step, constantly rechecking myself.

The point to the whole Story there is it takes someone, or many people Donating their time to Set up a Map from scratch each time and you can almost count on something not working right and needing to be fixed.
      There are always people that dislike a Map within the first few days, problems or not, you/we can't please everybody.

• Volar wrote:

We do roughly 90 day Map Cycles so Players both new and old can experience the Map and get into a norm as it were.

We also space it out since there are a limited number of proper Maps for HL2DM that we know work and accept what we have Plugin wise without failures in some fashion.

As a Note, when the Vote went up there was a reason I Voted Venice and that's because I remembered our time on Pray when it was first Introduced, guess what happened back then too? (Psst.. tons of quick crashes.) I was actually quite Vocal about it in Discord at the time, but I hate repeating myself(Huge pet peeve) so I only said it once in two channels and went about my life.

Map Setups don't stick, sure we seem to be able to keep two Maps stored for the Refund Function + Current Map but every single Map switch takes time due to needing Admins to go through and Set it up for you Players to play on.
      The current Map took roughly 3 days of several different Admins logging on and checking things, then redoing things as they didn't work properly or save properly.
      Every Map is like this, if one Admin does it all then it takes 5-8 hours straight maybe more depending on Map Size and Secrets to fully set up.

Hell I remember one Map Cycle(2 Amstervilles ago) that I set the Map up, it took me almost 5 hours to set up the Map while learning everything since it was new to me at the time, next day something happened and literally nothing saved which made me have to solo Redo the whole Map again. It took about 3 1/2 hours since I was in a hurry and knew what I had just done the day before, later that day the Database messed up AGAIN and I got super pissed. So I did it a third time, the third time took almost 9 hours because I decided I wasn't doing it anymore and wrote up a Step by Step Guide for Admins to follow to Set up a New Map. I slowly set up the Map again while making a Guide to follow after each and every Step, constantly rechecking myself.

The point to the whole Story there is it takes someone, or many people Donating their time to Set up a Map from scratch each time and you can almost count on something not working right and needing to be fixed.
      There are always people that dislike a Map within the first few days, problems or not, you/we can't please everybody.
      what a pointless 200 word essay
    • The map should run its course like all others, i like Syles idea for someone to take the initiative (Preferably someone complaining) and put together a map from mavs files he suggested,
      : coldcommunity.com/forum/index.…ked%2Bas%2Bspam#post58307

We've ran maps with the same three month interval that hold other issues all the same, i believe a crash and reset every 6-8 hours, limits the amount of time allowed to afk and pushes for actual involvement in game play.
      However i will add that the lottery running along the same time frame as a lot of server crashes is not only curious but concerning as some newer players have involved themselves in it and been left completely broke upon crash.
    • I have just searched for some maps on my external disk. There were many of them, but none of them any good that I liked. I found some, that look good to me

I'm not experienced in map choosing, I don't know these maps pretty well and I have no idea if they were played recently, so it's just some tiny suggestion

rp_c18_v1:
      • I didn't find any place for vip apartments
      • size is ok I think
      rp_cg_gtown_v08_day:
      • maybe too big
      rp_uptown_v4_beta8:
      • I know it's uptown, but I really love this 4th version
      • maybe too small
      • lack of apartmens
      rp_yomama_city_n:
      • I have played this map only for a while, but looks like decent map

Overall I think the current map (rp_pray) is nice, imo it has good size for now, but it's easy to get bored of.

I would personaly like something with medium size and secrets :thumbsup:
    • I think it would be neat if we just had a server to join where it had RP maps that would rotate on command with a database/list of almost all the maps like duer said, so everyone can join it and explore the maps and maybe this could help in map polls, where people could download every map from the map poll so people have reason to make their vote count. It would be easier for people to make sure they pick the map they want.

mfw I have rp_yomama_city_d (decompiled(because _d at the end of a map file usually means decompiled) because I ported it to csgo (How to explain a joke 101)) in my files
      CSGO CoLD Admin. Mapper. Server Destroy Supreme Master Extraordinaire. sniper
      Best American CSGO RP Server Owner 2021
    • why not just make a poll asking if the current map is worth continuing to play on

imo pray is the most boring map ive played on, it has a cool concept but its small and lacks some key features that makes maps good (fun PD layout, armory, gang bases, secrets) and it crashes frequently

also please reset the economy and respect/exp and use more of my suggestioms