LEGALIZE IT!

• Listen guys, it's 2020. Almost all of the US has a legal form of weed as does most of Europe so why not Cold Community RP?

tl;dr LEGALIZE "WEED" ITEMS MAAAAN!

My hope: To have the "Drug Grower" job changed so that players who choose it are less likely to be harassed by the police.

Ideas:
      -Growing "Weed" should not be a crime and should no longer be confiscated by police upon arrest.
      why: it's 2020 and its "weed"

-"Drug Grower" job title should be changed to "Cannabis Farmer"
      why: no one "grows drugs"

-Back alley dealers should be replaced by "Dispensary Pharmacists" and placed in store-fronts.
      why: no one sells weed on the street anymore

-"Weed" items should have healing properties and/or enable some sort of useful/fun effect. Whatever can be done to make it worth buying and using.
      why: allows for players to RP either buying "Weed" off other players or going to a dispensary to buy "Weed"

-NPC stock should have a "Buy Weed" and "Sell Weed" option
      why: "Buy Weed" is the option a player uses to sell their crop. "Sell Weed" allows the NPC to sell the "Weed" item at a higher price than it buys it for.

-"Weed" should not sell for as much per gram if it is not an arrestable crime
      why: if it's not a crime to grow the "Weed" item than it should not be as lucrative to sell it.

-Instead of selling "Weed" to an NPC for $6 per gram it could be $3 and the NPC sells 1 gram of weed to players for $10.
      why:this encourages player-to-player based trading and interaction which adds to the RP element of the server.

-There should be 2 "Weed" items: "Top-Shelf" and "Mid-Shelf". A different item should be used to grow "Top-Shelf" and it should sell and be sold to NPCs for more than the currently used "Weed" item. To add more to this you could make "Dab" and have a whole different process for making that. ("Dab", if anyone is wondering, is a concentrated form of THC that is vaporized at high heat)
      why: incentive to play more as the "Cannabis Farmer".

-Add higher tier growing supplies that cost much more and can be added to "pots", "soil", "water", "seeds". *See attached picture for prop reference*
      why: it gives players a goal to work toward and something to do with the money they'll make

-Growing supplies can be upgraded to provide a new and separate "Weed" item called "Top-Shelf Weed". Alternatively, items can be upgraded to grow a higher base yield of the current "Weed" item.
      why: this adds a MAJOR RP element. The more you grow the better at growing you get and the better the product becomes.

-"Weed" should still be dropped on death and when holding more than a certain amount and should cause a smoke trail to come from the player.
      why: with cop players no longer able to confiscate your "Weed" there still needs to be a danger in having it.

-When killed, only HALF of a player's held "Weed" should be dropped.
      why: waiting 15 minutes for a crop only to be blasted by an RDM on the way to an NPC SUUUUUCKS!

Conclusion: By legalizing the growing and selling of the "Weed" item you add incentive for players to RP as the "Drug Grower" (hopefully someday known as "Cannabis Farmer"). Legalized weed means that you can devote a whole store location to grow supplies and buy-back npcs which adds a HUGE RP element.
      Files
      • stuff.jpg

(103.53 kB, downloaded 3 times, last: )

The post was edited 2 times, last by The One Free Man: various spelling and grammar corrections as well as reorganizing and editing of "IDEAS" section. ().

• The One Free Man wrote:

Legalize weed so growers dont get in trouble but reduce sellback price of weed. add new tier equipment like hyrdoponics bays for faster growth and higher yield but at higher cost of buying equipment. Instead of a back alley dealer to sell it to you can make a dispensary npc that buys and sells weed and the weed item it sells is a health boost or health+shield boost. maybe (if possible) make the NPC's weed supply bound to how much is sold to it or something similar. Maybe a a light smoke aura appears around anyone holding weed so that its not a completely riskless job. (gotta have some danger am i right?) Maybe some sort of progression system so that as you grow and sell (WITHOUT being killed) the more you can grow and sell at one time.
      yeah ok seems good, i'll also make sure to work especially hard to make sure that vvr will never be able to use any of it.
    • The Doggy wrote:

The One Free Man wrote:

Legalize weed so growers dont get in trouble but reduce sellback price of weed. add new tier equipment like hyrdoponics bays for faster growth and higher yield but at higher cost of buying equipment. Instead of a back alley dealer to sell it to you can make a dispensary npc that buys and sells weed and the weed item it sells is a health boost or health+shield boost. maybe (if possible) make the NPC's weed supply bound to how much is sold to it or something similar. Maybe a a light smoke aura appears around anyone holding weed so that its not a completely riskless job. (gotta have some danger am i right?) Maybe some sort of progression system so that as you grow and sell (WITHOUT being killed) the more you can grow and sell at one time.
      yeah ok seems good, i'll also make sure to work especially hard to make sure that vvr will never be able to use any of it.
      I edited my idea for more clarification on things. I don't know if it matters or not but i hope you'll at least read through some of it.
    • lol, you're good dude, you didn't create a rift or cause any trouble however I would advise you to edit your 2 posts into 1 before volar sees it otherwise he's gonna give you a timeout :( nvm you deleted the other post np.

as for the edits, I'll take a look at them when I wake up, looks pretty detailed nice work.

edit:
      ok, so I like the overall gist of what you're trying to do but it definitely needs a couple tweaks here and there for balancing and general usability. I'll probably make weed usable at least, the other stuff may come in to existence at some point somewhat modified from what your original ideas are here but I do think it could be interesting to change up the drug growing dynamic a bit. thanks for the suggestions.
    • The Doggy wrote:

lol, you're good dude, you didn't create a rift or cause any trouble however I would advise you to edit your 2 posts into 1 before volar sees it otherwise he's gonna give you a timeout :( nvm you deleted the other post np.

as for the edits, I'll take a look at them when I wake up, looks pretty detailed nice work.

edit:
      ok, so I like the overall gist of what you're trying to do but it definitely needs a couple tweaks here and there for balancing and general usability. I'll probably make weed usable at least, the other stuff may come in to existence at some point somewhat modified from what your original ideas are here but I do think it could be interesting to change up the drug growing dynamic a bit. thanks for the suggestions.
      thanks for taking the time to read through them. youll be seeing more of them as i play through the other jobs. i dont know what it takes to code and i tried very hard to keep my ideas conservative because of that. A lot probably goes into making even the most minor changes which i respect and understand. i attempted to take into account the nature of coding when writing down my ideas. again, thank you for taking the time.

Edit: also if you need someone to bounce ideas off of or to help come up with new ones im always available.

The post was edited 1 time, last by The One Free Man ().