Spiegelmann's (aka TØX!C) Staff Application

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Spiegelmann's (aka TØX!C) Staff Application

Steam Name: Spiegelmann

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:34311786

How long have you been a part of our community(either server)?: Member since February 18th, 2017. In-game hours estimate over 4 days.

What does being a staff member entail?: A staff member is there to help players out, enforce and protect the rules of the server, on the server.
    Why do you believe that you deserve to be granted a trial-staff position?:
    - I learn new things fairly easy, so I'm eager to learn how it feels to be staff and learn to do it well.
    - I show commitment and I stay faithful to what I apply for, and I abide to the rules respectfully. (e.g the Cop App I had ages ago, and I am still Cop today)

Do you have any previous staffing experience(s) (List community and, if possible, rank)?: No. This community will be the first HL2dm community I am going to apply staff for, so I will start with little knowledge of what abilities I'm granted as trial, also little knowledge on propping.

Do you understand the basic commands of our server that we use? If so please list how to do the following(Completely):
    a). Kicking a player: !kick [player] [reason]
    b). Banning a player(for one day): !ban [player] 1440 [reason]
    c). Creating a prop: /db_create "prop"
    d). Freezing a prop: sm_freezeit
    e). Saving a prop: sm_save
    f). Connecting a prop to a door: sm_linkdoordoor door #
    g). How to look up any SourceMod command: sm_searchcmd

Explain how you would handle the following situations:

A player says they suspect another player of hacking:

- I'll begin to record as I check out the suspect. If it looks like the suspect is cheating, I will also ask for any input by another staff member. If the suspect is found guilty, punishment will be handed out.

A cop is rdming other players:

The following is put in steps:
    1) Record the Cop at first to gather evidence.
    2) Warn the Cop to cease the RDM. I'll tell him/her to check the rules as Cop, or tell them, in case if it is unprovoked or accidental RDM.
    3) Strip the Cop if he/she doesn't stop,, by contacting higher staff.

A rebel is rdming players under ten hours:

This is also put in steps:
    1) Record the rebel and copy logs for evidence.
    2) Warn the Rebel and tell him/her to stop.
    3) If the Rebel ignores the warnings, I will kick him/her. In case if it continues after that, a ban is handed out for a good 15 minutes. The ban will stack or multiply if the same Rebel continues to RDM.

A new player connects whom has never played lite rp before:

- Welcome the player at first, then introduce him/her to the server by refering the !tutorial and refer the new player to the rules in !motd. In addition, I will check on the new player from time-to-time.

A player says they have lost their cop due to a mess up:

- I will check for the player's Cop App on forums to verify if he/she have an Accepted Cop App, but also check if the player got recently stripped from Cop, by digging into it on the forums or contacting other Staff Members.

Have you read and understood the community rules?:

- Yes, I have.

Do you understand that it will be your job to enforce these rules?:

- Yes, I do.

Do you understand that you as a staff member are still to abide by these rules along with others pertaining to staff?:

- Yes, I'll stay loyal to them.

Do you understand that misuse of your rank will result in your immediate removal as well as other possible consequences such as a ban?:

- I fully understand and I accept these terms. I mean to do my very best and show my loyalty to the community.

Some last Notes that I have, keeping it short:

I have little to no knowledge beforehand, about staffing a HL2dm server before, or a RP server in that case. (Except for GMod) But, I am a quick learner and I take notes for what I start new at. If I manage to get accpeted as Trial, expect for me to seek advise and knowledge. Additionally, I have friends with experience about staffing HL2dm RP servers from the past, in case of I need advise.
    Don't do the Crime, if you can't do the Time.
  • We certainly appreciate your dedication to our community over the years Spiegelmann , and we value your interest in being a staff member. I'm not sure at this time if more staff are needed , but we will have a response to your application as soon as possible.

DarkDevil256 wrote:

Application won't be reviewed for months or could be a year so good luck! +1

DarkDevil : Not sure wtf you mean with this statement , or how you could have any insight into how we handle admin applications. Maybe you should explain.