sanitation, medic, and drug runner buff suggestions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• sanitation, medic, and drug runner buff suggestions

Sanitation - I've noticed that some trash pieces appear to spawn blue instead of a regular trash piece (I assume this is a bug). For example, steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2141130013 . I was thinking what if sanitation could have some sort of buff where some trash pieces can intentionally spawn blue, or some other color, to symbolize as a "special" piece of trash that would give an extra amount of trash. So if you pick one up, you wouldn't get 1 piece of trash, but rather 2 or more trash pieces. For a job that encourages activity on the server, I feel like it is rarely used (except for dailies), and deserves a buff.

Medic - The medic job is one that does not really ever get used, even in big fights perhaps against cops, gang wars, base raiding, etc. I feel this job can be extremely viable with some tweaks, even if only one person is using the job. Some suggestions I have for this job is to upgrade how much hp/suit is given to any player who buys it. Instead of 100 hp/suit max why not have 125-150 hp/suit max. Suit would be especially important here due to the fact that the current map we are on (city 26) has no PD suit room, thus forcing players to use suit batteries to gain a maximum suit of only 100. This buff would hopefully motivate players to use medic as a way to get over the maximum suit limit and health that a normal player would spawn with by sacrificing a small portion of their money. Speaking of which, if this buff does get implemented, the price to buy these health accessories should be increased by at least $100.

Drug Runner - For drug runner the crime should simply just be reduced. 250 crime for taking the delivery and 250 for completing the delivery is too much. You're at cuffable crime after your 4th delivery. Reducing both of those numbers to 200 would be balanced and add more of an incentive for players to use the job. You can guarantee 5 deliveries before you can get cuffed.

The post was edited 1 time, last by seminolemarine ().

• For the sanitation job, there is no reason to buff it. It is a job that does not generate crime or have too much risk to it. And it still pays fairly well if someone was to grind it. The reward shouldn't be increased unless the risk is increased.

For the medic job, there is too much risk to see any reward come from the job. No one that is actively DMing will carry money around that they can pay the medic for healing, especially when there are healing items you can bind. Not only that but the medic could get shot and lose the money they get from the job. So buffing the medic wouldn't do much because there are items that have less risk by using than bringing cash along when you are DMing. Also increasing the price would just discourage people from utilizing a medic even more. Adding a max health buff would also affect the stripper job, as they can boost someones health higher than the max health limit.
    • MeTaL ^x^ wrote:

- The reward shouldn't be increased unless the risk is increased.
      - No one that is actively DMing will carry money around that they can pay the medic for healing, especially when there are healing items you can bind.
      - the medic could get shot and lose the money they get from the job.
      - Also increasing the price would just discourage people from utilizing a medic even more. Adding a max health buff would also affect the stripper job
      - It's not a risk/reward job, unless you wanna say the risk is when you go to sell the trash and people can kill you for the money?

- You don't need to carry money for medic, it comes straight from your bank (plus it's like $200 for the best thing, most active players get that in 3-4 minutes of income). I was trying to say that yes you can bind healing items, but, specifically for suit, you can only get a maximum of 100. So why not make medic give 150 suit?

- Then make the money go straight to the medics bank? Most players are smart enough to bank their money regardless lol.

- If you really think spending $200-$300 for a possible 150 suit is going to discourage players to use medic (keep in mind 5 suit batteries costs $1250), then you're crazy. For the stripper job, it's main purpose is to provide additional health. I have mainly been focusing on medic job which basically has the same function. Only thing is that the medic can provide suit, so why not make medic more useful by increasing how much suit you can get? If you do not want to increase the health, that's fine, but it needs some buff, otherwise the job is useless.

The post was edited 1 time, last by seminolemarine ().

• it's not a risk/reward job because it is lower paying and doesn't need a buff. That's why it pays what it is. As for medic, I still feel that even with that kind of buff or price increase, the medic job will still be barely used if all. The only way to make it have some use would be to majorly buff it and make it overpowered. Otherwise people are going to stick to their ways.
    • MeTaL ^x^ wrote:

it's not a risk/reward job because it is lower paying and doesn't need a buff. That's why it pays what it is. As for medic, I still feel that even with that kind of buff or price increase, the medic job will still be barely used if all. The only way to make it have some use would be to majorly buff it and make it overpowered. Otherwise people are going to stick to their ways.
      I see your standpoint, but I just believe that at least one of the jobs should be buffed in some fashion. What do you think about the drug runner suggestion I just added?
    • MeTaL ^x^ wrote:

Meh, its just a minor tweak. With hacking how good it is honestly no other job is worth grinding. Especially with snowden.
      Drug runner could be better than the base hacking job (not snowden) if it got a crime reduction. I'm personally not in a gang, so I enjoy drug runner way more than hacking, but it just gives too much crime. Only time I see others doing it is for dailies, and even then people think it's better to reroll :/