karl-police's Civil Protection Application

• karl-police's Civil Protection Application

--Basic info--

In-Game name: karl-police
    SteamID: STEAM_0:1:39306545
    Time played: The time requirement is kinda useless in tihs case, tbh. I mean I know it's for experience based stuff and all that, but I see this a lot and I just want to see CP idk. I'm not a troll.

--Questions--

Do you understand that upon being Accepted as Cop you forfeit being a Gang Member(If one) and that you may never be a Cop and in a Gang at the same time?: I don't think I want to join a Gang anyway. So yes, I understand.

Do you have a mic?: Yes, I do.

Why are you applying for Civil Protection?:

I played HL2:DM and then saw that there's a RP server and it had 0 cops, so I was wondering how Combine role is and what it has to offer, in like its features.

What are the basic rules as Civil Protection?:

You can not shoot a rebel until they shoot at you first or another CP.
    Do not unjail other CP's prisoners.
    Probably no minging which should be obvious.

What is the function the Civil Protection?:

In Half-Life 2 the Civil Protection basically protect the citizens and enforce the LAW of the Combine and listening to requests from the Dispatch.

If a player were to be rdming you what do you do?:

Apperantly only if the rebel shoots me, I may am allowed to do anything I want, which is most likely kill him or arrest him, which is all part of defending myself.

How much time can you dedicate to the server per week(Include time zone):?

I don't think I will be active on the server, but I might join it again in some time and should I have access to CP, then I can play as CP and we would have one CP more and if the rules and etc. changes it can always be looked up.

How will you benefit the server?:

1 CP more?

Otherwise this question is kinda....

Is this your first time as Civil Protection?:

Nope. I'm from HL2RP on GMOD, Serious RP, not whatever Deathmatch RP should be. So more "professional" Roleplaying.

A new player has joined the servers and no admins are on, how will you help this player?:

!tutorial has helped a couple of people out.

Anything else you would like to add?:
    No.

--End Application--
  • The time requirement is there because we only accept players that have played on the server for 80 hours. Also if you're not going to be very active why should we employ you? Sure it's an extra cop that can be on when you are active but otherwise it's just wasted.

I suggest you wait until you've reached the time requirement and then edit your post with proper answers for "Time played" and "How will you benefit the server?"
  • Because whats the point of employing someone with a job that requires responsibility if they haven't invested time into the server. The reason there is even an application process should show that you need to have some kind of time invested in the server. If you can't put in a measly 80 hours into the server then why bother even becoming cop. The Cop job itself requires grinding to get promotions. Also if you can't find a single reason why it would benefit the server to make you cop, then why the hell are you bothering filling this application out?

karl-police wrote:

Why are other people that are not admins or application reviewers even allowed to reply if their content doesn't make any sense. To a serious application?

If this was a serious application you would have actually filled it out with serious answers. Not just bleh answers a 7 year old can come up with.
  • MeTaL ^x^ wrote:

Because whats the point of employing someone with a job that requires responsibility if they haven't invested time into the server. The reason there is even an application process should show that you need to have some kind of time invested in the server. If you can't put in a measly 80 hours into the server then why bother even becoming cop. The Cop job itself requires grinding to get promotions. Also if you can't find a single reason why it would benefit the server to make you cop, then why the hell are you bothering filling this application out?

karl-police wrote:

Why are other people that are not admins or application reviewers even allowed to reply if their content doesn't make any sense. To a serious application?
    If this was a serious application you would have actually filled it out with serious answers. Not just bleh answers a 7 year old can come up with.

These are serious answers from me, that's my opinion about some application forms. But it's hard to explain, I do not expect something out of this application tbh.

If you create a HL2 RP server and name something CP, I kinda thought it's gonna be like CP not a moderation thing.
  • MeTaL ^x^ wrote:

Also if you can't find a single reason why it would benefit the server to make you cop, then why the hell are you bothering filling this application out?

I do not understand what a "Cop" for HL2:DM "RP" is ment to do, if we think about Half-Life. The way it has been told to me now is that it's a "cop" like in DarkRP and "an indirect staff member" and nothing like Half-Life 2.

So server should be renamed to DarkRP in this case.

MeTaL ^x^ wrote:

If you can't put in a measly 80 hours into the server then why bother even becoming cop.
    80 hours, I mean I see servers in Garry's Mod, like SCP RP and they have like that "Training" and then "test" which both are fine but it is really annoying if the "trainer" doesn't teach you about everything and there are 100 servers that probably have this entire training thing. So if you already know these "right turn" or whatever it was, it's really annoying and nonsense, while a few of the servers have admins cheating themselfs that stuff, especially if hidden in really complex sentences.

MeTaL ^x^ wrote:

The Cop job itself requires grinding to get promotions.
    The grinding for cop ranks I do not mind and makes sense I guess, I mean if someone likes the server he would play on it. I was just joining a random server and the impression first was, "hey they made a hl2 rp server in HL2:DM" and I wanted to see what the "cop" job has see if it has bugs or is good or something, but then it turns out it's a whitelist restricted thing that requieres an application, so you don't even know what is going to expect you in a sort of way, if I can phrase it like that.
  • Users Online 1

1 Guest