Suggestion to update the cop rules with more clarity, Or add more conditional rules.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Suggestion to update the cop rules with more clarity, Or add more conditional rules.

So since coming to city26 there have been players coming back from hiatus's and are active again. Some of these players are cops and have been bending rules or adding reasons of provocation as a cop that are not listed in said rules. I have two recent examples to show.

1. The server crashed and reset, about 5 minutes into the reset a cop started lockdown. I went to my apartment to afk and a cop was in the apartment. Said cop then pushed me outside the apartment when the lockdown started and killed me when I was originally inside the building.

2. I pushed a cop in the jump puzzle area to reset them. At this same time, another player was shooting crossbow bolts into a slam to create the slow bolt effect. Cop reset at the beginning of the puzzle, got hit by said bolt, and proceeded to shoot me in the back of the head for them getting hit by another players crossbow bolt.

Both situations don't need to be specific, but I think the grounds for provocation should be made more clear. There should also be some kind of ground rule set for lockdowns, because starting a lockdown right after a server reset when there is no crime or even many people in the server. Meanwhile players that were afking are actively trying to get back to their houses to afk again and are being basically RDM'ed by cops as they come in. I personally haven't been playing the last couple of weeks on the server just because situations like this pop up and it's not worth playing when stupid garbage cops want to just bend rules. I would also not have to record hours of footage every time i play just because people are playing as cop. I'm not trying to get people in trouble which is why I am not releasing names. I just want to see the rules be updated so that these cops can be held more accountable for what they are doing.
    • A cop pushing you out of your apartment to kill you when afk is not okay, and I will/have stripped cops on the spot for that shit before.
      The second situation I agree with thunder on, you damaged the cop whether it was intentional or not doesn't really matter here and the cop reacted how they should have really.

As for the lockdown requirements, possibly could only allow lockdown when there's a large amount of crime on the streets or if many players have crime, might just disable /push for cops as well cause I've seen cops pushing people out of buildings during lockdown and into PD spaces just to shoot them so many times now and it's getting dumb.
    • I am more pissed about the first event than the second. And either that or a start timer for the lock down, like you cant just drop it right after the server resets. Honestly 90% of the time I have seen a cop call a lockdown, it is because they are bored and there is no crime at all and they just want to RDM with the weapons they spawn with.

ThunderShorts wrote:

You were caught out in a lockdown, and got shot.
      I wasn't outside in a lockdown, i was inside of a building. And the building was an owned house at that. It's not like I'm complaining because i just blatantly got shot outside in the street, i was inside of a building and was pushed outside so the cop could shoot me.

The Doggy wrote:

The second situation I agree with thunder on, you damaged the cop whether it was intentional or not doesn't really matter here and the cop reacted how they should have really.
      I can see where in this conditional situation you state that, but it isn't stated in the rules whatsoever that these are grounds for retaliation. So if you were to allow that then all of a sudden they are going to start bending the rules in other ways as well, sooner or later they are just going to start shooting players for looking at them or something. There needs to be more definition on what is considered provocation.
    • I strongly suggest that you report "stupid garbage cops" that "want to just bend rules" here on the forum so that we can deal with them. As for the definition of provocation with regards to cops on our server , I would define it as any purposeful personal act done to a cop that angers , injures , inhibits movement and/or the ability to perform duty.
    • The problem is that there is no clarification in the rules about that. Thats what this post is about.
      The ONLY rule in the MOTD about cops shooting rebels is:
      Do not shoot at Rebels unless shot at first. - The Player does not have to actually hit you, it just needs to be clear that they attempted to shoot you.So this section in the MOTD needs to be updated, because right now I could just go and say that someones name "angers" me and that adheres to your definition of provocation. We don't need a definite line drawn, but we do need some sort of line drawn. Because right now, there is no line because you guys do not use the actual rule in the cop rules as a guideline. Instead each admin has their own.