Mr.Sandmans Staff Application

• Mr.Sandmans Staff Application

Steam Name: Mr.Sandman

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:235137967

How long have you been a part of our community(either server)?: Its coming up on 2 years here this October

What does being a staff member entail?: Watching players making sure people are not breaking the rules helping players and showing box player around and teaching them.

Why do you believe that you deserve to be granted a trial-staff position?: I have had no previous bans or problem with staff members I am fair as cop and try to take both sides of an argument to make sure i'm missing no details, I enjoy playing on the server and want to see us grow as a community and as friends

Do you have any previous staffing experience(s) (List community and, if possible, rank)?: i have ran a couple discord servers nothing too big i know a little mapping and I understand source Engine and how it performs and different commands

Do you understand the basic commands of our server that we use? If so please list how to do the following(Completely):
    a). Kicking a player: /kick playername "reasoning"
    b). Banning a player(for one day): /ban playername 1440 "reasoning"
    c). Creating a prop: /db_create “prop"
    d). Freezing a prop: sm_freezeit
    e). Saving a prop: sm_save
    f). Connecting a prop to a door: sm_linkpropdoor door #
    g). How to look up any SourceMod command: sm_searchcmd

Explain how you would handle the following situations:

A player says they suspect another player of hacking: I would look into it watching the player closely and make sure the enviroment is a safe and fair one for all player on the server, If the player is hacking he must be punished according to what he/she did.

A cop is rdming other players: If he is killing without being shot or antagonized then I would kindly tell the player to stop and show him the rules and help him out, If he/she keeps doing it i would alert and admin to strip or punish the player accordingly.

A rebel is rdming players under ten hours: Tell the player to stop and tell them that it is a bannable offense and if they repeat they're action that i will have to ban them for ten minutes, If they keep doing it the ban gets harsher and harsher and repeat the rules to them.

A new player connects whom has never played lite rp before: Show him the ropes and how the server operates the things you should do and the things you should not do and tell them to have fun as well.

A player says they have lost their cop due to a mess up: Ask the players name on the forums and monitor the website daily for new updates

Have you read and understood the community rules?: Yes i have

Do you understand that it will be your job to enforce these rules?: Yes

Do you understand that you as a staff member are still to abide by these rules along with others pertaining to staff?: Yes

Do you understand that misuse of your rank will result in your immediate removal as well as other possible consequences such as a ban?: Yes I do
    -Bring me a dream, bum bum bum bum 8)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mr.Sandman ().

• An admin has to make a positive contribution to the server and not just be a troll 100% of the time.

IF he "plays" cop well enough in the end and puts time into the server without getting cop stripped, then at that point it would mean he is well versed in the rules. Then in that case he has a plus one from me.
  • As Lawdog said, has to make a POSITIVE contribution to the server and not troll

Now as i would say, can't be screaming and yelling at ppl all the time, seem to have hard time following simple gang rules and now as a cop, I think you need some time to prove you're self and try to be more active in the community. You have been gone from the server for quiet some time and did not make a great comeback for you're self....

Maybe in a few years when you can be a bit more responsible and act a little more mature but for now I can only say -1 for me. Please don't take offense, we were all kids/teens at one point. =\
    "If his destiny be strange, it is also sublime." misslelauncher

“From a caprice of nature, not from the ignorance of man. Not a mistake has been made in the working. But we cannot prevent equilibrium from producing its effects. We may brave human laws, but we cannot resist natural ones.”
  • I could totally see him trying to undermine higher admins as he already talks over them like what they are saying are his own thought.

I am pretty sure he typed the whole entire thing up whilst reading DOA's staffing application.

The post was edited 3 times, last by eldrun: Removed hate. ().

• Nemo I know we got off on a bad start but seeing a little cussing and me getting a little angry doesn’t mean that I can’t handle myself I do like hearing criticism and appreciate it very much I think you should also see the benefits having another admin would fill a ton of gaps and help out a ton and I do hope to improve the server by just bringing a smile to anyone I can see and hope to see us grow as friends
    -Bring me a dream, bum bum bum bum 8)
  • MeTaL ^x^ wrote:

I could totally see him trying to undermine higher admins as he already talks over them like what they are saying are his own thought.
    I think this statement is pretty true, his profile picture sums it up pretty well. -0.5, (because I can't beat infinity)
    CSGO CoLD Admin. Mapper. Server Destroy Supreme Master Extraordinaire. sniper
    Best American CSGO RP Server Owner 2021
  • Any further belittling or belligerent disrespect will result in a forum ban for an unspecified duration.

You can dislike a candidate and state how you do or do not think they would perform on our team but they are still a member of the community and you will treat them as such.

I will be editing the post to show productive statements— anything extra will be removed as it contributes absolutely nothing but toxicity and hate.

play nice it’s not that hard.
  • Alright, let's douse the flames.

I probably do know; but don't recall sandman prior to meeting him on the server yesterday. But there is a little I'd like to comment on since this is an admin application.

My tl;dr opinion of him? Overly enthusiastic trying to jump into too much too fast.

Sandman, overall you aren't bad from what I can tell. Our interactions weren't negative, neither were they particularly positive. You are very motivated to jump in and take charge with trying to start things like a Reddit page, mentioning how you'd like to help set up future maps.. things like that. This is really good, and I commend your spirit.

However I must warn you to not get in over your head. You are on the younger side, in that age group where you'll be talking about stuff such as discussing how the mod functions with regards to updating the database and automatically demoting/promoting between job ranks... thinking you sound intelligent or you are making sense.. when really.. you aren't because it's a subject you have no purpose trying to educate others on when you have very little understanding of it yourself.

So what am I really trying to tell you here? Slow down, find your niche in the community and build from there. I make pretty much all of the new rp maps this server plays & over the last year or two I've been building Cold Ladders. You don't need to try and dive head first into every subject with the intent of proving yourself. Sometimes it's okay to say 'Fuck if I know...' instead of having an answer.

In the end you may learn that being Admin, much like I learned myself.. may not be what you actually want. This is coming from the long 'retired' SA with database & server box access to varying levels of permission.

It is now 5am after a long night out. This is all meant to be relatively neutral. This is not a +1 or -1 from me.

(Yes this is my fourth? forum account.. I managed to absolutely fuck my windows install by resizing the partition using Ubuntu... thus went my SDA.)
    - Highscores - Maps -
    - ReturnHex.com -
  • This one needs to ripen a bit more before I'd say yes. Not a bad player (as far as I know), but more maturity required for admin IMHO.
    -1 for now, but only for reasons mentioned. "TBD... Possibly worthy of future consideration, with some more proven time under his belt".