Removal of the 'Fence Maze' problem

• Removal of the 'Fence Maze' problem

Regardless of your point of view, fence mazes have taken a strong hold in how RP is played on the server. They aren't perfect and have offered up some unfair advantages to the defending party. Be it in new defending tactics using splash damage or having the maze be absurdly long going through multiple doors.

The following set of props are built in 64u segments. These props are designed to keep the attacker crouched at all times in a respectable and predefined amount of space which allows for easy, 'non-glitchy' movement. The attacker has clear line of sight to fire with any form of weapon, likewise for the defender.

Side note: I am also under the belief that a change has to be made with the maximum length one of these mazes can be. Such as if the attacker is unhindered it should take them no longer than two minutes to get through the entire maze. Some of these mazes and defenses are a little absurd in length.

Depending on resulting feedback, I'll compile these 'props' and forward the small set to Syle.

Segments:
      prnt.sc/u7kmlz

Example 'Maze':
      prnt.sc/u7kut8

----------------------------------

Birddieboo wrote:

I dunno how this would work with different sized apts because they might not fit, but this is a big brain idea +1
      48u or smaller variants could be made to fit into smaller spaces.

Grubbsy wrote:

imagine raiding a gangbase that has 35 of those small segments making up the shit in the second screenshot lmao,
      either way I really like those and that's some experimental type shit I think would probably work best in a test server or as a forced change for the length of 1 map (small length maybe like 1 month)
      The example shown uses 10 segments.
      - Highscores - Maps -
      - ReturnHex.com -

The post was edited 2 times, last by Onyx ().

• imagine raiding a gangbase that has 35 of those small segments making up the shit in the second screenshot lmao,
      either way I really like those and that's some experimental type shit I think would probably work best in a test server or as a forced change for the length of 1 map (small length maybe like 1 month)
      CSGO CoLD Admin. Mapper. Server Destroy Supreme Master Extraordinaire. sniper
      Best American CSGO RP Server Owner 2021
    • seminolemarine wrote:

Would love to see real gameplay with these concepts before i give my honest opinion on it. Good idea though to shift the way the game is played. +1
      I'm with Kelpy. They don't look bad but it would be nice to see them in real gameplay to see the difference between how they been made to this especially since in recent mazes shooting the person who was in a sense hiding behind it hasn't been completely easy due to how people set things up and of course some being better at dm than others.
      “no admin for nova“- The Doggy 7/3/2018 @21:50pm (9:50pm)
    • Still looking for more feedback on this. If I spoke with you about it in-game please post here anyway so there is a actual record of your thoughts.

I'd like to see feedback from staff. Since staff were the ones who voted on the recent rule change I'd like to know if if this solution was in a three way vote would they have been interested in trying this instead. If not, what would make it be of interest to them.

Novaaa wrote:

I'm with Kelpy. They don't look bad but it would be nice to see them in real gameplay to see the difference between how they been made to this especially since in recent mazes shooting the person who was in a sense hiding behind it hasn't been completely easy due to how people set things up and of course some being better at dm than others.
      I would need someone like Valor or Syle to come to me asking for the models. Otherwise I won't go taking the time to compile them if it's for not.
      - Highscores - Maps -
      - ReturnHex.com -
    • Well looking at them and seeing whats written is one thing, seeing them in action is another.

You've propped before so you know how origin and everything works.

I see that it says these allow for predefined amounts of space and such to be left and utilized but knowing how people like their things propped, other than an Admin saying "No" which not all of us agree on the same things, whats to stop someone using these to go down to the absolutely lowest height for movement which glitches players heads through the top.

The problem with crouch tunnels or mazes in general isn't glitchy movement, it's how slow it makes advancement while giving the Home owner whos already at the end full movement and easy shots to the head.

Would these allow or disallow projectiles to pass through? If not then players will bitch because whats the point when the whole thing is set up to make super easy kills.
      If it allows them then it's pretty much the same as the fences.
      Now if the Top stops bullets, ect but the bottom allows damage then I'd prefer the top be thick enough so that player model can't peak out at all(Prevents EZ headshots but allows body shots).

A different slew of prop rules would need to be defined just for these so that no one can make goofy set ups that bring us back to where we currently are.

• Volar wrote:

I see that it says these allow for predefined amounts of space and such to be left and utilized but knowing how people like their things propped, other than an Admin saying "No" which not all of us agree on the same things, whats to stop someone using these to go down to the absolutely lowest height for movement which glitches players heads through the top.

What's to stop the rule saying the bottom/top/left/right of the tunnel items cannot be embedded in the walls/floors/ceilings of apartments? What'd be the point of having predefined sizes if you will allow that to be done? If an admin goes on and 'audits' the propping in a house, they could either remove or adjust it to meet the rules.

The problem with crouch tunnels or mazes in general isn't glitchy movement, it's how slow it makes advancement while giving the Home owner whos already at the end full movement and easy shots to the head

I do believe I addressed this by suggesting a unopposed length of time it should take to get through the tunnel. Or since they are predefined lengths you could say the player should not have to travel more then 512u worth of tunnel, something that is similar to how the current rule is defined.

Would these allow or disallow projectiles to pass through? If not then players will bitch because whats the point when the whole thing is set up to make super easy kills.If it allows them then it's pretty much the same as the fences.Now if the Top stops bullets, ect but the bottom allows damage then I'd prefer the top be thick enough so that player model can't peak out at all(Prevents EZ headshots but allows body shots).

I don't mean to be rude but if you actually looked at the images in the OP or read the post in it's entirety you'd see and understand the tunnels are designed like 'ball run' tracks. Keeping the player confined and allowing for the use of projectile weapons beyond crossbow bolts for example. You could be in this maze and fire an rpg at a defender or use something like a bed as a shield if the design allowed for it.

A different slew of prop rules would need to be defined just for these so that no one can make goofy set ups that bring us back to where we currently are.

Well yes no doubt about that. But in terms of the maze itself, it'd make things just a little bit more 'structured' and give people at least some degree of in between from what they had before and the new rule they have to go by now.
      Thank you for you feedback Valor, don't take any of my responses negatively this is a open discussion and I hope I cleared some things up.
      - Highscores - Maps -
      - ReturnHex.com -
    • index.png

Read the post in it's entirety, also looked at images.

The clear sheen on this above every section looks like a roof to me, hence my initial question.

index1.png
      This one makes it make a bit more sense to me but still looks like the sides and tops of segments have hard sections.

Though the more I actually look at it the more I notice where the head goes through and the shoulders are pressed down. I'll say my mistake was focusing too much on the first image and just being confused by the jumbled mess.

Would each prop be the 2 segments for shoulders or would that technically take 2 props?

• Volar wrote:

Read the post in it's entirety, also looked at images.

The clear sheen on this above every section looks like a roof to me, hence my initial question.

This one makes it make a bit more sense to me but still looks like the sides and tops of segments have hard sections.

Though the more I actually look at it the more I notice where the head goes through and the shoulders are pressed down. I'll say my mistake was focusing too much on the first image and just being confused by the jumbled mess.

Would each prop be the 2 segments for shoulders or would that technically take 2 props?
      Please see the following images for how it would look in-game.

Shoulders are one prop.

And just for reference and scale.
      The longest straight section here is 512 units, which is equivalent of two fences.
      models/props_wasteland/interior_fence002d.mdl
      - Highscores - Maps -
      - ReturnHex.com -
    • Users Online 2

2 Guests