Announcement Safe Place to Speak

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I've watched this server grow over the years, we've had good times and bad times. I take my breaks to focus on my life and many changes. I've become a different person and I have the server to thank. For some people the server is the only family that they have. I'm very vocal about my struggles and as some of you know I actually do not talk to my parents anymore, I've cut them off and I've come back home to the only rp I've ever loved and had many good memories of. We often forget that we all have feelings and we're not perfect sometimes our emotions get the best of us and some decisions are made that not be the best at the moment but we have to remember that we are all doing our best to keep this community alive.

I've had my fair share of negative experiences with players and admins but we've grown past it and can be civil. Look at Doom and I, we couldn't talk about politics together for the longest time because it would be a negative conversation and now we can be civil and have conversations about politics. We all can take this as a learning experience and strive to move forward with forgiveness. We do not have to forget but we should forgive and focus on being better. We are a family at the end of the day. We need to do better and talk better to each other.
    “no admin for nova“- The Doggy 7/3/2018 @21:50pm (9:50pm)
  • Hi, and good morning/evening to everyone. to my beloved friends of cold community.

i came to this server knowing its a role play. with different accents portraying an indian accent.
    i've never felt so happy during my first days on cold.
    but as days go on. i started getting abused and i see how players sucked up on root's asses almost everyone
    and yet when i got close friends with them they tell me bad sides of them. which then i had to experience for myself

now i dont want to speak out for players who felt the same way or even worse. but with every player in this server i know every dirt they experienced from the so called dictatorship that has been going on. that one guy who i respected when i first joined not because of his fatherly voice but because of him showing me throughout the server even i was this indian persona. DOOM. but i guess throughout the days these guy would too have a problem with me since i was starting to be a problem to cold because of wide variety of accents i have used and jokes set aside not even targeting admins but just having fun with players in general. then i met this guy named KOALA. a great guy with propping skills and who also helped me throughout those days but then.

this guy started showing his badsides to the point where he attacked me with words when i barely know him which in my understanding is alright since i am labeled as a troll so instead i kept shooting the guy ingame which is what most of us do. on such game. then suddenly he can't win on a dm with me he got furious. and when i got sent to jail for having most crimes after killing him. He started noclipping and killing me on every jail spawn.

and yet these guys were still a friend of mine but i guess that friendship started sinking like a boat. and i started seeing a lot of stuffs.
    a lot of anger. which then was taken out on us. for instance we joined in both raja and i and this staff immediately told us. you are both muted because we know we will mute you anyways. you are the worst players for this server. nobody likes your accents striker.

now tell me if this isn't abuse of authority? We were kept shut by these admins threatening to ban us. and looking for a little mistake to ban us.

no matter which admin or owner i go to nothing is being done. because nah he is a troll not a regular player. this is the bullshit treatment. if i was so toxic why would i have a gang in this server with 15 people! why would i keep playing and not just troll everyone for few hours and reconnect for few hours daily to troll everyone. why do you guys think i play on this server for 24hours straight? to the point that i don't even sleep? its because im starting to love the server.

but from all this time coming to the day i said fuck it im not putting anymore time in this server since i am still labeled the shit i was back in the day.
    i thought being popular and having people laugh and trolling the trolls. i mean all those big bad trolls who joined the server. who i made rage quit from trolling.
    i thought that being this guy/good guy for a server is good. but what do i get. "We dont give a shit if strikers feelings is hurt, we give a shit of our admin staff".
    after having the biggest gang and biggest base i felt being attacked once again. which made me furiously quit. which i didn't want to say as because its not NECESSARY. I WONT BE HEARD ANYWAYS. nobody gives a shit about a Doctor Striker. a troll the biggest gang leader in the game the player who made 60 million in a month in this game. he is a piece of shit anyways.

now i don't want to make this any longer or state every abuse because this would be as long as a book. but i know that my fellow players/admins who begged me and told me to stay and to play witnessed me getting abused on by staffs.

all i wish is that for these staffs to change and always see things widely that you are playing on a ROLEPLAY server. and nothing personal to your life should be shown to this people. i too had my bad days but what does THE BIG BAD STRIKER DO ? he comes in and tries to get a laugh and make people laugh. he comes in with a vietnamese accent. all im saying is don't take out your anger on every player you think don't matter at all just because of what they show. and to ALL PLAYERS OF COLD COMMUNITY! HAVING PEOPLE BREAK YOUR LOCKS DAILY DOESN'T MAKE THAT PERSON A BAD GUY THIS IS A PART OF THE GAME AND YOU DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE OR SAY SHIT ABOUT THIS PERSON OR ASSUME THAT HE IS BAD FOR A COMMUNITY. I F YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH LOCKBREAKERS GO AND HAVE IT REMOVED BY STAFFS. SPREAD LOVE AND NOT HATE. MAKE PEOPLE LAUGH AND NOT CRY. for fuck sake we are a community most of us grew our pubes in this server so learn from your mistakes and being superior wont get you anywhere treat everyone equally! ILOVEYOU GUYS. and im not gay I WILL BE SEEING ALL OF YOU SOON.
    and at the end of the day DOOM AND KOALA i love both of ya'll. start giving us players hope and don't be blinded by power it wont get anywhere but build hate from other players hate that you dont see or hear but is inside these players. i hope the best for the two of you. you two are the father figure of this server.
    and you don't need to prove to us you are THE big boss. we respect you both even without admin hats on. but as a player.

as of monsterpanda, i know you played your time but you don't know cold and cold doesn't know the whole you. maybe if you play a lot longer you will understand the whole drama inside. Being respectful. Yes that is right and i 100% agree to you. but you are playing on a ROLEPLAY SERVER it is where people's fantasies are being used upon. wanting to be a bad guy. a cool guy all these fake personas.and thus having these personas i did try to respect our staff but what did i get maybe if you would put your self in my shoes you would understand. but no you can't because you barely play and yet you got to be a staff. any ways im not attacking you but next time understand the whole situation and maybe a little RESPECT to the people giving their sides and who are starting to show some balls. not endure and instead after being abused upon suck on these root admin's asses.

and i do think that volar's idea about this is good i mean not just for attacking the staffs who hate their job. which i mostly hear because its a painful job. but because this is a part of cold community. which will be always remembered. and at the end of the day we are a community. with ups and downs.
  • Well. Since we're all doing this I guess.

I joined in Nov 2017 if I recall correctly. Previously I was spending a lot of time on Garrys mod among mythic servers as a mapper / developer. It's no small secret that my introduction to Cold Community was rather explosive. From player to admin, to super admin in the span of two months. Want to talk about fast promotions? That'd be it.

But there was one major flaw that took place which pissed me off considerably. I applied for admin just like any other player, was my acceptance influenced by my mapping? Probably. But I was NOT admin because I made maps and that was not my JOB in the community. So the 'Go do your job and make a map.' comments really got on my nerves, especially when the same people who said that when I was playing would argue I never played when I had input on what was happening in the server. So I decided to message Valor and 'Retire' from admin. I wasn't mapping for a position or job, I was mapping because it's what I loved** to do.

I may not be a 2,000+ hour player, but I've certainly put a few thousand hours into the very levels and tools I brought to this community. Not one person out there who had the audacity to simply say 'This map is shit.' has brought anything to the table.

Since those events took place I've stuck around making maps as my HOBBY and making the new Cold Ladders as my HOBBY. I've received a unusually large amount of access to the server database and the server box as a result of what I do. Things you'd only expect someone in a admin position to have.

With RUBY on the horizon... and the time I've had on days off to jump on from time to time I've considered speaking with Syle or Valor to possibly reinstate my Admin, as Standard or Super bears no mind to me. As I hope in our future we have a more flat hierarchy for admins where any staff member can easily and equally hold another accountable without fear.

Since I've had more than one month for people to get to know me and with this posted here... I hope people will understand that whether I'm Admin or not I'm making maps. I'm not admin because I make maps or leader boards.

edit: I know this is supposed to be about the staff team, but this is kinda from the POV of someone who was staff and put up with some more..unique.. circumstances and knows how nerves can be pushed.
    - Highscores - Maps -
    - ReturnHex.com -
  • I think it goes without saying that the server has been plagued by poor moderation for some time now. I personally haven't bore much of the brunt of poor admins. In the times that I HAVE experienced it, it showed me a pretty good image of why people act the way they do on the server. I will use my experience as a long term cop to illustrate the issue. Cop rules change consistently and rules regarding the PD even change from map to map. Sometimes different admins even hold different opinions on said rules. In many circumstances, admins go as far as to create NEW rules on the spot to suit their liking. Hand of Doom is the first admin that comes to mind given these conditions. I have on multiple occasions see Doom completely ignore the "Cops can't shoot first" rule and open fire on civilians he was previously DM'ing with. As a cop and more importantly as a regular player, this is very confusing. I apologize if this may be too burdening to the staff, but I believe that as an admin you should lead by example. Players such as myself may see an admin do this and believe it's OK to do the same. Inevitably, people get upset, other admins disagree with these new rules and it becomes a whole shit show for everyone involved. The point I'm trying to illustrate here is that certain rules, whether they apply to cops, racism, mic spamming or what ever else you can think of should NOT BE LEFT UP TO ADMIN DISCRETION. It's incredibly frustrating to have one admin say 'X is acceptable' and another admin saying 'X is NOT acceptable but Y is.'

Returning to me being a cop. I was at one point the cop with what I remember to be the most experience on the server at around 12800 exp. As some of you may remember, I had that exp taken away over a new rule that had been implemented without my knowledge. One could say that it was my responsibility to check and learn all the new rules of being cop. The problem with suggesting that is a grand majority of what people deemed to be me (((abusing))) cop was actually because they we're uninformed about the rules and had no way of informing themselves of these new rules because TONS of scenarios are not covered by the MOTD. This confusion goes both ways. Following an incident I had with a player on City 45, I had my exp removed almost immediately with practically no way to defend myself or appeal. The whole mess was handled very poorly without even a forum post; only bitching to admins in discord. I'll whale and moan about it shortly, but it is not fuckin' easy to get that much exp. To have that much commitment shat on at the whim of a higher admin left me feeling a lack of motivation to even play the game let alone on Cold Community.

I've since moved on to greener pastures from being cop, but I never forgot that lack of motivation to come back. I left for so long that Striker legitimately thought I left the server to focus more on raising my son. This isn't something that should happen on any healthy server. Players shouldn't have to feel like quitting a game because of the actions of someone who is in charge of maintaining the server. The admin abuse has put the server in a sort of limbo. Players who have played on Cold Community for a long time slowly leave and rejoin weeks apart. Most of the time, only the afk'ers fill the server. New players rarely stick around which is a damn shame.

I've mentioned Doom prior in the post, but I would like to say my two cents on his use of admin. I would often come into the server to hear Doom harassing people such as China, Koolaid, Shadow and Hustler. Regardless of what you may think of these people, in my opinion it's upsetting to know that someone who has a history of cussing people out, gaging, muting, harassing and kicking others is able to do as they please with no one to keep them in check. The time that Doom deleted China's forum post criticizing him was the last straw for me. Admin abuse as blatant as that getting away with a slap on the wrist is unacceptable. At least this thread exists so that people can vent their frustrations about the admins without the fear of it being deleted. It's insulting to me that the universe would conjure up such a lame ending to this shit.

Case-in-point: The poor moderation leads to confusion and anger. The lack of many concrete rules and the only inconsistent enforcement of rules is frustrating. The admins have damaged the player base with many people not returning or returning only occasionally because of said admins.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Templar Knight ().

• Templar Knight wrote:

it is not fuckin' easy to get that much exp. To have that much commitment shat on at the whim of a higher admin left me feeling a lack of motivation to even play the game let alone on Cold Community.
    True that, once i saw ur exp got reset, i went for that #1 spot. While obtaining the #1 spot, I kept trying to find answers on why you ever lost your exp, and to this day I still have no clue why. I feared while in my quest for the #1 cop exp spot, that my exp would be reset for little to no explanation as well. Glad to see you have moved on though. IMHO you definitely deserve your #1 spot to be reinstated.
  • me, someone whos been here for a long long time having plenty of different experiences with admins/players from way back when tissue,freeman,hockey,delta,olen,dan vogel used to be staff running the server to now, shit back when the server used to be SYLES FUN ROLEPLAY SERVER #1 and #2. The past doesnt matter but its always good to look back at how the server was ran at the time and compare/contrast to the present and how much its changed in every way possible which is a good thing, but coming back last summer (2019) after having like a 3 year absence i have had my fair share of abuse without any evidence i wasnt able to defend my self (because i bought a mac and didnt how to find my demo files). to start off i remember playing last summer on freeman city and one day doggy gets on and just rdms me and just fucks with me, but there was one time where i was on the roof of the mansions where he shot me OFF the roof and i died due to fall damage and i (SOC) when it wasnt intentional on my end so he banned me i dont remember for how long but without warning i was banned. this pissed me off so i go and find out who doggy is and see what kind of past "we had" cause i dont remember having any problems with anyone after the last time i played. so i end up finding a post/screenshots of me getting doggy stripped of cop back in 2016. so i assume here in 2019 he held onto that grudge and used it to ban me/abuse me. But i can say that beef has been squashed for awhile as he doesnt really bother me anymore and i dont bother him anymore, and i am happy that little bit of negativity is gone and makes me a happier player on cold.

Now, there is doom ive never had a issue with doom but there was this one time on either freeman city or uptown v5 last fall(my memory is shit) where the server was really laggy and the uptime was past 2 days and i had said something along the lines "oh man the servers gonna crash" cause it just showed signs of it doing so, and out of no where i was banned for threating to crash the server and i was so confused cause i did not say any threat but state a fact. there wasnt much after that but him rdming me which was whatever but same with doggy the little beef was squashed.

At the end of the day it did make me fear these admins that the times they would be on it would feel unplayable and i would just afk or just leave until they werent present and was to afraid to speak up cause of my past experiences plus others experiences with admins in general so it already gave me a feeling of just dont piss these guys off or else there will concequences for very small things cause im not much a threat to them or the server to really get banned.

*its like almost 3am had a guy bleeding at my drive thru window at 12am (cops and paramedics came)and i gotta work at 11 am so sorry if this post seemed sorta shitty as this is the the only time to really say anything gn love you all*
    [img width=300 height=300]http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Angry-Meme-Gif-Expresses-His-Feelings.gif[/img][size=8pt][12:34 AM] [???] Vegeta :  i have big plans for u candy[/size]
  • "The Veil has been lifted"

Hand of Doom has helped many players including myself at many points in his time here at Cold Community, but all the good things he does cannot condone the SERIOUS RED FLAGS in the past and many NEW things that just have and will come to the light. Now that he is not a "Root" anymorewe can stop putting him on a pedestal and say the truth. Other admins including myself sat back and let him be abusive and so for this I have a very heavy heart and I will speak for those who are silent atm. Almost every admin on our team that I am close with has told me things negative at some point and understands the temperament of the leader here. It is disappointing but I think we sweep things under the rug and continue gamming.

I really hate when Root admins used to take the side of troll players like epix, kazuru, sheet music, etc. and don't listen to the majority of players and get a sick enjoyment from watching them ruin the server and let them play dirty and cheat other players and ruin games. None of those players that Hand of Doom used to support even play here anymore. He unbanned all of them when banning them would have been the right move because they cheated or broke rules. Roots used to decide who the trolls are and are not for PERSONAL VENDETAS at times. I think Roots sometimes instigate many of what they call trolls in the first place. Now that ranks have been removed we can step back and look at everything around us, and stuff that is much worse than I had feared after recent info.

The more players I talk to about roots and Doom during my previous absences from the server, the worse this thing start to look. He sometimes attacks rule abiding players like metal recently or striker when we switched maps, for no reason relating to rules. A quote I was told by an unnamed player is “ No one is going to protect you now”, not the way a root should talk. Also why is it that Sheet Music, a toxic of toxic players who never answered hardly anyone including admins is a "Doom guy" who gets awaywith much worse, but Metal on the other hand, a much nicer player who is reasonable with rules is now currently on dooms list of people he is trying to remove? The hypocrisy runs so deep with this story it’s just getting warmed up.Maybe he kept those players around to intimidate and have a laugh at other player’s expense. If you’re on Doom's bad list he will come for you weather you deserveit or not. Revenge is something he seems to enjoy which is not a good mixfor admin, maybe that is why he deals with Raja the way he does, starts an insult war, rather than use his power to deescalate or quickly end the fight like Thundershorts would. Thunder would think about the other players in the server more often, something that doom could have learned from. No one likes to hear an older dude scream and yell at players rather than handle things like a pro. Or rely on scare tactics with younger players or his subordinates.

I just want anyone who feels like they are scared to talk because the big bad wolf will ruin their game (no one in particular) , TO SPEAK THEIR MIND. Say what they really think here and give examples of commands being misused and other major abusive things they have seen or things that were said that ruined your game. After all when a root tells you to do something bad or good with that old system, we all had to play along and follow and justice needs to be served.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Lawdog ().

• Lawdog wrote:

I really hate when Root admins used to take the side of troll players like epix, kazuru, sheet music, etc. and don't listen to the majority of players and get a sick enjoyment from watching them ruin the server and let them play dirty and cheat other players and ruin games. None of those players that Hand of Doom used to support even play here anymore. He unbanned all of them when banning them would have been the right move because they cheated or broke rules. Roots used to decide who the trolls are and are not for PERSONAL VENDETAS at times. I think Roots sometimes instigate many of what they call trolls in the first place. Now that ranks have been removed we can step back and look at everything around us, and stuff that is much worse than I had feared after recent info.
    absolute bull shit ^

Metal: as far as your list of bans go , I made one mistake with Silent Telecast , the rest of those bans are righteous and correct.
  • HAND OF DOOM wrote:

Metal: as far as your list of bans go , I made one mistake with Silent Telecast , the rest of those bans are righteous and correct.
    If they were righteous and correct, how come they are all instances where the player was unbanned? If bans are righteous and correct, they would be served, but those examples are from bans that were not served and were further unbanned.
  • Im an outsider, dont play here much... but the times i did play here, I witnessed this admin *Hand of Doom* doing a lack thereof his role in the server. The specific incident i am referring too is against the player Sheet Music on the map Freeman City with the graveyard and train car. This player was consistantly harassing players making them rage quit, suiciding out of combat, taking fights on the train tracks so he could "accidently" kill himself on the tracks, and pretty much anything else he could have gotten away with. Doom was present during alot of this, and did very little to nothing about it. *Doom had actually offered Sheet Music RP money for banning him if he was wrong, but had to ban him to cover his own tracks. I believe the ban was 1 day, this sounded cray cray to me. I also posted about this via Cold Play discord when it happened and got laughable responses, not taken seriously in the slightest. I recall Doom giving his famous response to it "Absolute bullshit*. Sound familiar? This seems a long time coming now, things starting to catch up to him. Remember, I am not a regular, but the very few times i did play, I witnessed favoritism time and time again with the Doom admin.
  • anonymous wrote:

Is this a good ide ?

/Ghost Out
    Soo can somebody please tell me when this Witch purge is over ? and can the admin that started this pillory tell me what the outcome is supposed to be, so we can skip all this shit and move on!

I see no good outcome from this!
    If life treats you bad, always remember to do you dailie spin and when you have counted all the fucking new Crowbars
    then you realize that your day just went from bad to worse!
  • @Volar @syle22 can we plz clear one thing up, some admins say NPC binding is legal and other say it is illegal.

When I was told by Thunder that it was legal I made a bind to purchase printer paper. A few weeks later Candy asked if it was legal and I said yes due to what I was told.
    Doom was on that day and I asked what is you’re take on it and doom said it is absolutely illegal and anyone caught doing it will be banned immediately.

Soooo what’s the official rule on that? Can we do it or not? All I can see is that binds are legal and shows you how to make a bind.
    "If his destiny be strange, it is also sublime." misslelauncher

“From a caprice of nature, not from the ignorance of man. Not a mistake has been made in the working. But we cannot prevent equilibrium from producing its effects. We may brave human laws, but we cannot resist natural ones.”
  • MeTaL ^x^ wrote:

HAND OF DOOM wrote:

If they were righteous and correct, how come they are all instances where the player was unbanned? If bans are righteous and correct, they would be served, but those examples are from bans that were not served and were further unbanned.
    Not saying all of these were right or wrong but all of them have Context to some degree with most being special circumstances.

Action is taken in accordance to the situation, cleanup and corrections are done after the fact.
    Innocent until proven Guilty has always been the other way around, we see it in real life all the time with people going to jail then being released after their innocence is proven. (Might be bad to say that with all the things going on with Cops right now but it's still better to place a suspected murderer behind bars until proven otherwise than to let them roam free and potentially kill again.)

1st ban - STEAM_0:1:6080488 - Name Syle, Steam ID links to Clit Commander. Hence Impersonating the Owner(Also an Admin).
    2nd Ban - Candy and Server Crash things, coincidence was agreed upon by Staff in Discord after checking hence the Unban.
    3rd Ban - This one we all agreed shouldn't have had an IP Ban with it, Alts are an iffy subject due to the possibility of shared wealth. This one can be considered over stepping.
    4th Ban - @Humam would have to chime in on this one since I can't find anything and don't recall anything ever being discussed.
    5th Ban - Ruffneck ban, was unbanned after X time since it was agreed that that was long enough to serve the purpose of the ban.
    6th Ban - Believed Alt, Syle had to personally investigate before unbanning. There was lots of controversy on this one in the Admin Discord due to them being in the same house on the same IP and the vast majority of the time never moving or doing anything at the same time.
    7th Ban - Believed Alt, same as the above but with less talking.
    8th Ban - Item Binding was Illegal at the time and very hard for Admins without Log Access to prove. Doom did not have log Access in 2016. Anyways Hand removed the ban himself after chatting with the individual. They admitted to using some bans but not the main one he was accusing them for.
    9th Ban - "Being a Cunt." No clue really, not sure of circumstances at the time. May or may not have been having a fit. Would need some others input on it, if completely unjust then another over step, funnily enough again with Clit Commander.
    10th Ban - 95% of the Admin team thought Matu was Aimbotting. Only Humam which wasn't an Admin at the time and Sidezz said that he wasn't. Matu was Perm banned for it I believe 4 maybe 5 times all by different Admins.

op4_Capt_n3Mo wrote:

@Volar @syle22 can we plz clear one thing up, some admins say NPC binding is legal and other say it is illegal.

When I was told by Thunder that it was legal I made a bind to purchase printer paper. A few weeks later Candy asked if it was legal and I said yes due to what I was told.
    Doom was on that day and I asked what is you’re take on it and doom said it is absolutely illegal and anyone caught doing it will be banned immediately.

Soooo what’s the official rule on that? Can we do it or not? All I can see is that binds are legal and shows you how to make a bind.
    All Binds are legal, hence the Rule and ability to make them.
    If they are deemed OP or not allowed then it'd either be coded in to have a timer or not allowed and stated somewhere.

CLITCOMMANDER wrote:

The server is awaiting disciplinary action as well as reconstruction/availability of ALL rules to be readily available to the players in MOTD in It’s entirety.
    All Rules are readily available to players through the MOTD, they always have been.
    As for disciplinary action that is still being discussed and we are waiting X amount of time to allow more of the Community to speak up about various things.

This Thread isn't meant to be a Witchhunt on Doom, it's meant for all Admins to be talked about, the downside to this being the timing and so many wanting blood for one in particular at the moment.

• Users Online 1

1 Guest