Announcement Safe Place to Speak

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

  • Volar wrote:

    MeTaL ^x^ wrote:

    HAND OF DOOM wrote:

    Metal: as far as your list of bans go , I made one mistake with Silent Telecast , the rest of those bans are righteous and correct.
    If they were righteous and correct, how come they are all instances where the player was unbanned? If bans are righteous and correct, they would be served, but those examples are from bans that were not served and were further unbanned.
    Not saying all of these were right or wrong but all of them have Context to some degree with most being special circumstances.
    Action is taken in accordance to the situation, cleanup and corrections are done after the fact.
    Innocent until proven Guilty has always been the other way around, we see it in real life all the time with people going to jail then being released after their innocence is proven. (Might be bad to say that with all the things going on with Cops right now but it's still better to place a suspected murderer behind bars until proven otherwise than to let them roam free and potentially kill again.)

    1st ban - STEAM_0:1:6080488 - Name Syle, Steam ID links to Clit Commander. Hence Impersonating the Owner(Also an Admin).
    2nd Ban - Candy and Server Crash things, coincidence was agreed upon by Staff in Discord after checking hence the Unban.
    3rd Ban - This one we all agreed shouldn't have had an IP Ban with it, Alts are an iffy subject due to the possibility of shared wealth. This one can be considered over stepping.
    4th Ban - @Humam would have to chime in on this one since I can't find anything and don't recall anything ever being discussed.
    5th Ban - Ruffneck ban, was unbanned after X time since it was agreed that that was long enough to serve the purpose of the ban.
    6th Ban - Believed Alt, Syle had to personally investigate before unbanning. There was lots of controversy on this one in the Admin Discord due to them being in the same house on the same IP and the vast majority of the time never moving or doing anything at the same time.
    7th Ban - Believed Alt, same as the above but with less talking.
    8th Ban - Item Binding was Illegal at the time and very hard for Admins without Log Access to prove. Doom did not have log Access in 2016. Anyways Hand removed the ban himself after chatting with the individual. They admitted to using some bans but not the main one he was accusing them for.
    9th Ban - "Being a Cunt." No clue really, not sure of circumstances at the time. May or may not have been having a fit. Would need some others input on it, if completely unjust then another over step, funnily enough again with Clit Commander.
    10th Ban - 95% of the Admin team thought Matu was Aimbotting. Only Humam which wasn't an Admin at the time and Sidezz said that he wasn't. Matu was Perm banned for it I believe 4 maybe 5 times all by different Admins.

    op4_Capt_n3Mo wrote:

    @Volar @syle22 can we plz clear one thing up, some admins say NPC binding is legal and other say it is illegal.

    When I was told by Thunder that it was legal I made a bind to purchase printer paper. A few weeks later Candy asked if it was legal and I said yes due to what I was told.
    Doom was on that day and I asked what is you’re take on it and doom said it is absolutely illegal and anyone caught doing it will be banned immediately.

    Soooo what’s the official rule on that? Can we do it or not? All I can see is that binds are legal and shows you how to make a bind.
    All Binds are legal, hence the Rule and ability to make them.If they are deemed OP or not allowed then it'd either be coded in to have a timer or not allowed and stated somewhere.



    CLITCOMMANDER wrote:

    The server is awaiting disciplinary action as well as reconstruction/availability of ALL rules to be readily available to the players in MOTD in It’s entirety.
    All Rules are readily available to players through the MOTD, they always have been.As for disciplinary action that is still being discussed and we are waiting X amount of time to allow more of the Community to speak up about various things.


    This Thread isn't meant to be a Witchhunt on Doom, it's meant for all Admins to be talked about, the downside to this being the timing and so many wanting blood for one in particular at the moment.
    This isn’t a witch hunt for dooms blood, this is people speaking up now because they were scared to in the past. I think you’re overlooking a lot of info because you left out any words on the REAL evidence that’s presented here?
  • You knew what you were doing when making the thread at such a time as not only myself said something but so did multiple others, you not only should have known the outcome but you were blatantly told, the community is awaiting action.
    It seems as if no one has any issues with any actions of any other admin at this time stop breaking you’re back trying to insist that. I can’t think of ONE admin that acts the way he does nor can ANYONE else, This isn’t any more a witch-hunt than it was when he was singling out all of the players speaking against him, and those who are unable to.
    I’ve yet to see one person comment on here defending him including yourself nor has he even done anything other than attack others opinions. I’m sorry he’s you’re but but theirs decisions that have to be made.
    This post is silliness and an effort to evade action.
  • I know I can be long winded, so I’ll make this a shorter diatribe than usual , fuck it no I won’t, lol!

    By my reckoning, the issues started to slowly go sideways with accusations about heavy-handed admin action after the “Do not disrespect admins” rule was removed a while back (true “respect all admin decisions” is similar, but not the same). Hear me out, I am not for admins having absolute dominion over all players and all things without reservation, but when that rule changed, it emboldened the bad actors and troll-hearted players to go out of their way to get under an admins skin, and play the edges when it comes to rule compliance. Before the rule changed, an admin could see or hear some sketchy shit… make a simple warning to stop, and then use gag/mute/kick, and an eventual ban to get quick remedy. If you thought you had been dealt with badly, you had recourse under the abuse/ban appeal forums. Others saw this, understood where the line was drawn, and generally order was restored before it really got out of hand. Fast-forward to now… the “trolliest” of the bunch know that this method is now frowned upon for admins. The worst of them have now gone out of their way to single out any admins that they know (by experience) may have the thinner skin when targeted non-stop. The game for these few troll types is now basically like getting into a verbal altercation IRL with someone who is armed, who then escalates it by shoving you repeatedly until you lose your shit and go for the throat of your attacker, despite the dangers to yourself. Only in this case, it’s the admin who has NO gun, and the players just push and record until the inevitable happen. I have learned to adapt, and simply leverage the new wording “respect all admin decisions” by giving one friendly warning that I need you to stop, or you’re going to be gagged/muted, etc… and then doing it very early before they get the upper hand on me. Those who know me probably recognize that when shit is happening, and I GO QUIET, something is about to drop, lol. I think Doom is one of the chilliest admins on the server, but he is human, and without the tools we used to have available to him, the cracks have shown, and people have singled him out like he’s always been a turd… just not true, and not fair at all IMHO.
  • So much talk about how you have been abused and treated badly in the past, but how come you haven't taken any action in the past when it happened? Yes i know there are cases too where threads of abuse or misconduct have been created and talked and settled trough. If the case is real and good evidence is present the shit will happen and changes will be done. With all this 3 pages of stuff i read it would be enough to put any staff member on administrative leave. And we all have right to say what we think so if one of us thinks someone is stupid or we dont like him we can and will say it, words do not hurt atleast not me.
  • Oidoxie wrote:

    So much talk about how you have been abused and treated badly in the past, but how come you haven't taken any action in the past when it happened?


    What is Stockholm syndrome?

    Stockholm syndrome is a psychological response. It occurs when hostages or abuse victims bond with their captors or abusers. This psychological connection develops over the course of the days, weeks, months, or even years of captivity or abuse.
  • Lawdog wrote:

    Oidoxie wrote:

    So much talk about how you have been abused and treated badly in the past, but how come you haven't taken any action in the past when it happened?

    What is Stockholm syndrome?

    Stockholm syndrome is a psychological response. It occurs when hostages or abuse victims bond with their captors or abusers. This psychological connection develops over the course of the days, weeks, months, or even years of captivity or abuse.
    Are you fucking kidding me?
  • On a separate note… racism and the hard-r… and Antisemitism, discuss.
    I fully expected to have people come after me too for my handling of racism. I have adapted from my earlier ways (AP server had a ZERO tolerance policy), and despite my personal feelings, I have come to recognize that society (especially the gamer subculture) has unfortunately made the retarded “hard-R” distinction, -a ok, hard-r not so much. Ok, I’ll play… but the hard-r is the line for me.When I hear someone dropping the hard-R repeatedly in-game, I will ask them to stop. If they do not, I will mute/gag/happy as appropriate as long as I have admin. If that gets my admin pulled, that makes the rest easy for me… I would challenge anyone to come up with a reason as to why this should not be a rule. I know we have many players of color, some Jewish players etc… do we really have to debate the justification on allowing this? I know some players (even players of color) may say, nah, not big deal, ease up old man! But I look at it like this, do you think you can walk into the Apollo, or a Synagogue and say there what you say in-server and not get a throat punch? I think you already know the answer, and that should set the tone for how the rules should be set up. Some players are tired of the ambiguity around this (for or against). I agree… make a rule, or remove it. But pretend like your mom is watching… unless she’s a racist twat, then fuck her, throat punch for her too for not swallowing you.
    I feel safe in this space… lol. --Thunder
  • Okay serious Hozza mode for a second, Doom has always been very chill with me and when I've seen him interacting with other players he's been polite. I saw a few demo's of Doom getting annoyed with people and "bullying" them by calling them names and kicking them, but this was not an immediate reaction, and was usually provoked beforehand. Whether or not this was done on purpose to "get a reaction" out of Doom idk, but the server has a lot of trolls and I'm not surprised that it gets tiring dealing with them so often.
  • Oidoxie wrote:

    So much talk about how you have been abused and treated badly in the past, but how come you haven't taken any action in the past when it happened?
    My original reply is a good example of why. The very first video is the first initial treatment by Doom, by the third video you can just see that I accept my fate at that time. But throughout all of that action, there is only kicks gags and mutes. It's not like with long lengthy bans that you appeal where you get time reduced, the damage is already done. If you notice in the final video it is literally at the will of the admin. Even if I report the admin for abuse, it would be denied because I don't just record hours of stuff with dem, especially when I have tools like instant replay. Why would I need a .dem file for someone verbally berating me and then muting and gagging me and kicking me? All the info is there. But because its not that file type, my report would instantly be denied, if not deleted by an admin. Doom could have banned me that day, and even if I reported it, it would get denied cause it would just be my word vs his, and Doom will always win that against anyone. In fact in all the admin abuse forms I read previously to this post, there was either denial OR it was "talked about in a meeting". But in the end no action is reported and for all we know as a player, no action was taken. It seems that for something that everywhere else there is almost always concise and swift action, the place where it is the most important there is a lack of action.

    Not only that but during this time, I had basically a cloud over my shoulder. I wasn't even doing anything against the rules yet here I was feeling targeted by an admin, not a player, an admin. And one day it didn't feel that way, there was pleasant conversation and the respect was mutually given. After they logged off I even said "man it is nice to not have them gunning for me." Players shouldn't feel a constant dreading fear of being banned when they are just playing the game. They shouldn't feel like an admin has a target on their back just because they shoot people they dislike. But here I was in that exact situation and this is why I brought the specific situation to syle and not to the forum. But even now over a week later, I have yet to see any kind of action taken.



    ThunderShorts wrote:

    it emboldened the bad actors and troll-hearted players to go out of their way to get under an admins skin, and play the edges when it comes to rule compliance.
    I understand that there are trolly players who target based on that, but if you cannot handle trolls and let them get under your skin and influence you as an admin, then doesn't that make you unfit to be an admin? Like there are ways for admins to defend themselves from these trolls, shoot them, break locks, do things you would do back if you were a player facing these trolls. As for what you said on racism, I feel that if you have a zero tolerance policy for it yourself, then enforce it as so. As long as you are consistent in how you are enforcing it, then there shouldn't be a problem. Times have changed and you are someone who truly keeps a neutral head through every decision you make as an admin.
  • There has been too much said here to really summarize or address individually, so I will try to do so in quotes and provide my overall opinion.


    Some of you are already aware that I have decided to remove each tiered rank of the "Administrator" role.


    Henceforth, there shall no longer be a root, elite, super, basic, title.


    Each administrator has already been granted the new administrator role. Each admin has equal commands which are needed for day to day operation. If commands requiring the "z" flag: the root admin flag, are needed, we will evaluate them as they come up. Majority of "z" flag commands are required for map setup. Something which each admin can still do on the test server. "z" flag also is required usually the first two weeks after a map reset to fix game bugs. We will again address this as needed.

    Trials and trusted are unaffected by this change


    Applications have been halted until we review that process as well.





    I will reiterate what I have told the current staff:


    "Hierarchy in this game has always been an issue across multiple communities. hierarchy has lead to entire servers downfall. Its clear individuals here had issues but were afraid to speak up because "they are just basic bitches". I've had enough frankly hearing that someone has an issue with someone in power above them and feel trapped. There is no reason to have a management hierarchy. Everyone is an admin here with the same job.




    We have always had a semi democratic system where we can provide input but ultimately until it is in the MOTD it's not law. There has been a pattern of overreach where several times someone thinks they can enforce their own rules or target specific players with no recourse. You all should have equal footing to stand on and a consensus can be reached for majority of issues."




    This change reflects much of the distress which i have observed and, has been said here. I have been thinking of this motion for several months but have had several concerns about it.


    I would like to show some respect to our senior administrators. They have been around here for quite some time and dealt with alot of your shit on a daily basis. They know the game well and often times what is best for it. They have consistently preformed well in their duties, often going far beyond what I have expected of them. This is evident, by many of you recalling when you first started the server.


    Many of your comments are perceived as negative, but I see both sides.

    anonymous wrote:

    In my book they all have +1

    CLITCOMMANDER wrote:

    I can say that I've not always had an issue with Doom, in fact some of which has been good and quite pleasant, there has been nights that the server rang quiet with nothing but our calm conversation a lot of which are rememberable and I hold dearly as I know many of you do with him.

    Novaaa wrote:

    I've watched this server grow over the years, we've had good times and bad times. I take my breaks to focus on my life and many changes. I've become a different person and I have the server to thank. For some people the server is the only family that they have. I'm very vocal about my struggles and as some of you know I actually do not talk to my parents anymore, I've cut them off and I've come back home to the only rp I've ever loved and had many good memories of. We often forget that we all have feelings and we're not perfect sometimes our emotions get the best of us and some decisions are made that not be the best at the moment but we have to remember that we are all doing our best to keep this community alive.

    I've had my fair share of negative experiences with players and admins but we've grown past it and can be civil. Look at Doom and I, we couldn't talk about politics together for the longest time because it would be a negative conversation and now we can be civil and have conversations about politics. We all can take this as a learning experience and strive to move forward with forgiveness. We do not have to forget but we should forgive and focus on being better. We are a family at the end of the day. We need to do better and talk better to each other.


    DR.STRIKER wrote:

    ILOVEYOU GUYS. and im not gay I WILL BE SEEING ALL OF YOU SOON.
    and at the end of the day DOOM AND KOALA i love both of ya'll. start giving us players hope and don't be blinded by power it wont get anywhere but build hate from other players hate that you dont see or hear but is inside these players. i hope the best for the two of you. you two are the father figure of this server.
    and you don't need to prove to us you are THE big boss. we respect you both even without admin hats on. but as a player.


    Lawdog wrote:

    Hand of Doom has helped many players including myself at many points in his time here at Cold Community



    Doom has let me know that he plans to take some well earned vacation time and has expressed his remorse for the situation. He has a lot going on IRL so lets do our best to wish him well. I am not going to be removing Dooms admin or barring him from the server. It is his responsibility to use his vacation time. What happened to doom could have happened to any of us. The system is what created this situation to occur.


    Doom has been doing this for far longer than many other individuals and has stuck through both good times and bad. You should all know that doom has helped tremendously when someone does infact threaten the server. I recall several instances where we had to comb logs or find out who was ddosing us next. Doom has assisted through many map changes and found many exploitative players. He does it to protect all of you and the server as a whole. Doom has been our guard dog. I appreciate that and all the new players doom has brought on. I would like to re-structure the system to provide a more team based approach.

    I will be closing this thread tonight allowing for final comments and the other ones as well.


    There will be more news forthcoming related to operational changes.

    My DMs are open if you have any questions or concerns.


    -syle
















  • MeTaL ^x^ wrote:

    Oidoxie wrote:

    So much talk about how you have been abused and treated badly in the past, but how come you haven't taken any action in the past when it happened?
    My original reply is a good example of why. The very first video is the first initial treatment by Doom, by the third video you can just see that I accept my fate at that time. But throughout all of that action, there is only kicks gags and mutes. It's not like with long lengthy bans that you appeal where you get time reduced, the damage is already done. If you notice in the final video it is literally at the will of the admin. Even if I report the admin for abuse, it would be denied because I don't just record hours of stuff with dem, especially when I have tools like instant replay. Why would I need a .dem file for someone verbally berating me and then muting and gagging me and kicking me? All the info is there. But because its not that file type, my report would instantly be denied, if not deleted by an admin. Doom could have banned me that day, and even if I reported it, it would get denied cause it would just be my word vs his, and Doom will always win that against anyone. In fact in all the admin abuse forms I read previously to this post, there was either denial OR it was "talked about in a meeting". But in the end no action is reported and for all we know as a player, no action was taken. It seems that for something that everywhere else there is almost always concise and swift action, the place where it is the most important there is a lack of action.
    Not only that but during this time, I had basically a cloud over my shoulder. I wasn't even doing anything against the rules yet here I was feeling targeted by an admin, not a player, an admin. And one day it didn't feel that way, there was pleasant conversation and the respect was mutually given. After they logged off I even said "man it is nice to not have them gunning for me." Players shouldn't feel a constant dreading fear of being banned when they are just playing the game. They shouldn't feel like an admin has a target on their back just because they shoot people they dislike. But here I was in that exact situation and this is why I brought the specific situation to syle and not to the forum. But even now over a week later, I have yet to see any kind of action taken.
    Speaking shit about other player or verbally abusing or how should i spell it is not a reason for a abuse report or whatever like that, we dont have to like everyone thats a fact. If admin commands are wrongfully used on you, there is one click record called shadowplay which records everything from past 10 minutes or how you set it, all words, voices and actions can be seen and heard and verdict can be made. If i were you or anyone that feels like they have been mistreated do not give up and open your fucking mouth, gather footage and keep making posts if there truly is reason.
  • Hello fellow Gamers,

    It would be interesting to open another discussion for racism and antisemitism, as i think its only touched lightly in this discussion. In all the competitive and non-competitve games i've played, the n-word is a bannable offense, so i assume for many new players that join our server are not accustomed to people swinging these words haha. I do think that context matters, but if a new player joins the server and the first word he hears or sees in the chat are words that discriminate a certain group of people i would think that this person might get a wrong picture of the players that enjoy and share their memory with the game.
  • Oidoxie wrote:

    If admin commands are wrongfully used on you, there is one click record called shadowplay which records everything from past 10 minutes or how you set it, all words, voices and actions can be seen and heard and verdict can be made. If i were you or anyone that feels like they have been mistreated do not give up and open your fucking mouth, gather footage and keep making posts if there truly is reason.
    Shadowplay doesn't matter, they instantly deny reports if it does not include a .dem file. I have used this in the past and have had my request denied because it is not a .dem file.
  • dede wrote:

    Hello fellow Gamers,

    It would be interesting to open another discussion for racism and antisemitism, as i think its only touched lightly in this discussion. In all the competitive and non-competitve games i've played, the n-word is a bannable offense, so i assume for many new players that join our server are not accustomed to people swinging these words haha. I do think that context matters, but if a new player joins the server and the first word he hears or sees in the chat are words that discriminate a certain group of people i would think that this person might get a wrong picture of the players that enjoy and share their memory with the game.
    I agree on this, I had a player come to me thinking I unfairly banned someone when the dude was literally talking about white supremacy and spraying nazi signs on the wall. It’s one thing to joke about but to actually be racist and flaunt it around shouldn’t be acceptable. We have people from all over the world connecting, we don’t need them feeling unwanted.
  • joshhite11 wrote:

    I agree on this, I had a player come to me thinking I unfairly banned someone when the dude was literally talking about white supremacy and spraying nazi signs on the wall.
    Honestly I would be fine with the player who got banned and the dude defending him to quit the server. I understand we want to have a growing community, but people that are still mentally stuck in the 1940's just need to fuck off.
  • @HAND OF DOOM, - no worries buddy. Just wanted to make sure.

    I do want to add that when I first started playing on the server @HAND OF DOOM was always there willing to help with any questions or concerns I had, even to this day he helps when needed and I do greatly appreciate that.

    I have overheard stories of how doom graciously protects the server and looks out for its well-being.I do believe Doom is the only admin that takes the time to watch the Crow of Suspicion. shit Doom won’t even afk and collect bank rolls. He afk’s in spectate mode and gets no income from it.

    I don’t think doom is a bad guy. Sometimes life gets in the way and puts a toll on all of us. That’s just life. Could things have been handled differently of course. With that being said, all that has been going on We should see it as a learning experience for all administrators and even players. I have always said that life is way too short to hold grudges and live everyday to its fullest. Life’s to short not to.

    I hope everybody can move on from this, take a couple notes and come out even stronger as a community.

    Cold Community Strong !!!!!!!

    The post was edited 1 time, last by op4_Capt_n3Mo ().

  • My last big post on this was for the entire sever, This post is more for my own closure with doom. (admin to admin)



    Hand of Doom, when a player gets banned or dealt with it may ruin their night. They just want to play the game they love. You know the feeling?


    Life is hard and with Covid it just sucks sometimes, coming on this game may be the one SINGLE HOPE or escape players have to be part of something amazing, a real family community that shoots each other in the face. It's beautiful.


    I'm sorry if you feel betrayed by me, but maybe you need to feel this in order to see the impact you have here, good and bad.

    Your talents as a person are up and over the top, you could host anything you want if you retooled your style a bit. But you may have some demons in the closet to deal with, I hope you find peace with that. I have them too but I try to never loose it on players.

    you have taught me a lot, but a scary portion of what I learned was how not to act, and what not to do in life sadly while in power. Beating people down mentally, It is just your way sometimes, it is not what's up man, uncalled for. It doesn't make you any better than the lowest player.


    A Root can make a player or admin really want to RQ easily, especially one that we look up to like a father figure Doom, its human nature. I don't blame you for playing on your strengths, and manifesting your idea of rp on us, I don't know your real life struggle I don't pretend to.


    I remember the good times, the jokes, the sharp unmatched whit you have on mic, but it was a dictatorship man. No one could be up front with you like the way it was dude, and justice never got served when you slipped up. This post was the only way, as you were untouchable. Maybe the situation was out of your control at times or a snowball, because what more could you have done then be a mighty server enforcer.

    When you calm down, stop trying to think of ways to change rules to fit you model or politics of what rp should be all the time, You can be a solid dude. Chill even.

    The most fun I had with you was pd raids, We all shot each other to pieces and it was so much fun, No one worried about locks, doors, alts, server attacks, OP bases, props, players who earned a lot of money... We just felt pure in a cops and raiders experience. No one needed to be banned for anything, just solid fun. If we could forget our differences in these moments, why can it not carry over to the entire game.

    I could play for hours like this as a hotshot cop, but sadly when the shooting stopped you went back into spectate and alienated yourself from the players, or went back to being way too overbearing, I know you have to be tiered of that anyways. Maybe we should let the " Crow of suspicion" GO FREEE and be in the forest with his kind. ( I had to)


    I am not sure if you have ever really been vulnerable since I have met you, But you have seen us all very vulnerable when you control what we care about, this game. You have a ruff style and it was to expose weakness I get it. You are also somewhat over the top opinionated, not sure if its a Canada thing. But so are some of us, and we have have not spoke up.


    Maybe your finally feeling what we have felt and that's good, embrace it, the pain and sorrow if you have it, and rise above any challenge you have. It is painful thing I bet cause its now out of your control somewhat, cause I feel the ripple effect of the server rn. This is major.

    I know its just a game, but it's also our favorite hobbies on here that we give much time. Don't ever assume a player does not care. Don't right us off if we are "silent".

    Have other people handle direct confrontations with players if you want.

    Like I said being removed from gameplay can really ruin you night. It can be painful.




    I'm sorry if you simply thought you just did things the way it was done before you and became a scape goat. But when the entire staff agree on something and the players voice it also, its not a good time to make a counter decision, it just looks like a cringe power move in many cases.


    Please take the more democratic approach if you get the chance next time by doing what the majority of the team wants which should be what the players want. Look it was mostly the messing with other peoples games, siding with bad players, and you changing rules at random that got us here, I hope we have shown the impact you have.

    That's about it from me, your one of the most polarizing figures in RP, a real legend and I hope you recover swiftly if your going though any more physical challenges.

    The post was edited 3 times, last by Lawdog ().