MeTaL ^x^'s Administrator Application

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• MeTaL ^x^'s Administrator Application

Steam Name: MeTaL ^x^

SteamID: (STEAM_0:1:29287041)

How long have you been a part of our community(either server)?: 3 years

What does being a staff member entail?: Staff members, specifically Administrators, are support roles. This means that they are here to help out the server in any way they can. This is achieved by helping new players and making them feel welcome, assisting current players in ways they cannot help themselves, and ensuring general order by enforcing rules.

Why do you believe that you deserve to be granted a trial-staff position?: I may be aggressive, but at the end of the day I am passionate about the server and its state. I have helped out in ways that I can in the server as a general player. At times I may be chaotic but when it comes down to it I am looking for what is best for the server. I know that when it comes to my role as Administrator I can be impartial and treat players as if each one is myself looking for an admins help.

Do you have any previous staffing experience(s) (List community and, if possible, rank)?: None

Do you understand the basic commands of our server that we use? If so please list how to do the following(Completely):
    a). Kicking a player:/kick playername "give reason"
    b). Banning a player(for one day):/ban playername 1440 "give reason"
    c). Creating a prop: /db_create “prop”
    d). Freezing a prop: sm_freezeit
    e). Saving a prop: sm_save
    f). Connecting a prop to a door: sm_linkpropdoor door #
    g). How to look up any SourceMod command: sm_searchcmd

Explain how you would handle the following situations:

A player says they suspect another player of hacking: I spectate the player. If said player is found to be hacking I then ban the player.

A cop is rdming other players: Warn the cop, if unsuccessful kick the cop, if they are still rdming strip cop and update their cop application.

A rebel is rdming players under ten hours: Warn player, if still rdming kick player, if still rdming ban player for 1 hour unless they are a repeat offender.

A new player connects whom has never played lite RP before: Run the player through !tutorial, Give player a tour of the current map, and explain their current protections they have as well as simple tips for starters (don't withdraw all of your money, don't spend the first 10 hours rdming because they can, etc)

A player says they have lost their cop due to a mess up: Check the players cop app for possible cop strip or other reason why they have lost their cop. From there ask them to appeal on the forum if a cop strip is found.

Have you read and understood the community rules?: Up, down, left, right, sideways

Do you understand that it will be your job to enforce these rules?: Will enforce these rules and treat players as equals.

Do you understand that you as a staff member are still to abide by these rules along with others pertaining to staff?: Higher responsibility = higher standards

Do you understand that misuse of your rank will result in your immediate removal as well as other possible consequences such as a ban?: I wouldn't prefer it any other way.
  • +1 from me.

I think Metal would be a great candidate for admin. He strongly cares for the community, very open and honest person individual.
    Has a very strong personality and stands up for what he believes in, I think that's a great trait for an admin.
    I also love how he trolls the trolls. =D

Metal and I didn't get along all that well in the beginning but since we have put our differences aside and have became very good allies and would
    even consider him a friend.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years =D
    Nemo
    "If his destiny be strange, it is also sublime." misslelauncher

“From a caprice of nature, not from the ignorance of man. Not a mistake has been made in the working. But we cannot prevent equilibrium from producing its effects. We may brave human laws, but we cannot resist natural ones.”
  • HAND OF DOOM wrote:

A braggart , a bully , and a liar. Metal doesn't have the maturity level to be admin.
    I understand your feelings towards me, hopefully soon we can reconcile and have a more positive relationship in this community.

CM-VULCAN wrote:

metal is a dick the last thing this server needs is metal being a admin he is a DOA dick sucker! Plus he is a Asshole!
    I understand your feelings about the situation. As you are KOS by the gang I am in and break our locks.

Oidoxie wrote:

As for my recent observations and thoughts im in favor of not having you in part of our administration team.
    I understand that you do not think favorably. I do ask that you do spend time in the server when I am on to get a better observation of me as a player, and not based on what you see/hear outside the server itself.

The post was edited 5 times, last by MeTaL ^x^: removing toxicity ().

• I am doubtful you will be receiving this position metal.

You may act professionally and without bias when you become admin but it would appear the general consensus among staff that have spoken there mind is that they’d prefer you show this professionalism and maturity prior to being given power.

This is not a + or - this is a comment on what I’ve observed in this thread and external conversation.
    - Highscores - Maps -
    - ReturnHex.com -
  • Rezoz wrote:

You may act professionally and without bias when you become admin but it would appear the general consensus among staff that have spoken there mind is that they’d prefer you show this professionalism and maturity prior to being given power.
    Yes but one is a biased old man who will never change his mind and the other is some dude who has never even seen me on the server. Let's get some actual staff in here that plays to give an actual opinion.
  • in the last 2 weeks metal has had 5 hours on hl2dm, I'm unsure if he has things like a job or if he doesn't think the game is fun anymore because of the lack of activity on the server in general, but I know that we do not need another inactive admin never on the server. -1
    A-well-a-bird, bird, bird is the word! Don't you know about the bird? Everybody knows that the bird is the word!
  • On the 5 hour thing. Its the holiday season and i work at Amazon, which means i'm busy. And then when I do log on, there is noone on. My pc is also apart this weekend as I am adding more cooling as well as other things. Jan 1st happens, I can spend more time again on the server.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MeTaL ^x^: removing negativity ().

• I know I'm not admin so technically not supposed to post in this thread, but Metal has asked for community to feedback...

He clearly likes the server, but can't take any kind of criticism at all so would struggle to avoid abusing when trolled.
    (which I'm guessing would happen a lot) He writes like he's 10 years old, but he's old enough not to take this knockback too hard.

Metal - you can't have everything instantly at the first time of asking. In a while (perhaps a long while) you'll read back this thread and totally understand why you come across as a bit of a dick.

Also - try, see if you can resist the urge to respond to this "feedback" by posting more shit that doesn't help your credibility as a potential leader.
    ...pretty sure you won't pass that simple test dude - sorry.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Captain Cock: genuinely thought this guy was like 10 so softened the feedback for a kid. Just heard him speak. He's adult. ().