new rule about crouch fence tunnel mazes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• new rule about crouch fence tunnel mazes

hello people. I'm making this post to show people's opinions about the new rule. the rule is that you can't build a long fence maze to slow down your enemies.
      in my opinion, this rule is crap because new players or players with a small amount of money lose the ability to defend against enemies and make money. in my opinion, this rule will discourage new players from playing on this server.
      I ask the players to state their opinion on this issue below.
    • yes as a brand new player myself in the past, I remember the fence crouch maze Rat Meat designed for me in my first ever one door 2 level apartment. This humble maze was like magic to me the way he fit together 8 props so symmetrically was satisfying,

also it was the only thing I had to help stop China, Kelpy, and many more from kicking in my door and taking my drugs, robbing me blind. I may have just rq without it due to being robbed so easily and waisting time trying to earn money with nothing to show for it in my bank.

A main thing is it was so much fun to play with this strategy, even when cops kicked their way in.

Every house I ever had, at every map had a crouch maze. As an admin I love designing new mazes for poeple and passing on this great sever tradition to players and future admin.

Am I biased about the rule chang, as heck! But only out of pure admiration for the server and the players.

I am all for nothing less than a complete scrap of this rule and to roll back to the way we had it before

Please do not give up what we cherish so much about the server!
    • Perhaps Mazes in Gang bases only (?) - because they are prone to being mass raided by other gangs.

I don't buy the new player thing...
      New players have the protection of the no box killing rule. If they have a house big enough to have a maze they've clearly settled into the server ok.

Plus New players also shouldn't really have enemies that repeatedly break their locks and raid their drugs and printers. If they've been playing fairly no one should bug them for long. If they're agressive towards other players they get raided.

It happens, locks get broke, weed gets nicked, cash gets taken and some players tottaly loose their shit.
      - Which is highly entertaining and funny. (Koolaid, I raise my hat and bow to you sir!)
    • I can't believe I am saying this, but I actually agree with Hustler on this one. Having a no fence maze rule is pointless. What are we supposed to do to prop bases? Just at decorative props and absolutely nothing defensive? That would make the server pretty damn boring. New players join, they buy bases and they tend to want mazes. Trying to say that no mazes are to the benefit of new players is absolutely bullshit.
    • The rule has absolutely nothing to do with mazes and there is no mention of the word maze in the rule so I don't know where the fuck people have gotten that idea from. The rule only prohibits crouch tunnels which are dumb as fuck since they severely impede movement and allow defenders a far easier shot at any attackers. You can still have mazes in your bases and any other defensive props you like, the only change is that you're limited to a one fence length crouch. The fact that people are this butthurt about it just shows how dumb they were and now there can actually be some more fun defensive setups made instead of boring shit that just disincentiveises raiding.

Volar wrote:

6. Crouches may be used in Defensive Propping ONCE per Home and may not be longer than 1x /db_create models/props_wasteland/interior_fence002f.mdl 1.
      Where does it say anywhere - No Fence Mazes?

No where.
      It limits crouch tunnel mazes.You can still make a fence maze but it may only have ONE choke point with a crouch via the above model.We took a Vote via all Staff.

It was 6 for 1 opposed.

Several MIA Admins remained MIA.

EDIT -

Went ahead and reworded for better understanding.

6. Crouches that impede movement may be used in Defensive Propping no more than Once per Home.
      - /db_create models/props_wasteland/interior_fence002f.mdl 1 is the maximum length allowed.
      - This impediment may not be used within 50 Origin of an Ingress/Egress.
    • The Doggy wrote:

The rule has absolutely nothing to do with mazes and there is no mention of the word maze in the rule so I don't know where the fuck people have gotten that idea from.

Doggy this rule favors intruders, people who want to steal and make easy money and you know this.

and please, you know what Hustler means. he means "crouch" tunnel that changes directions like a maze, they are pretty much illegal now besides a tiny small fence, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

ducking one time quickly in a base by way of forced prop as a rule is a massive change as well!!!!!!!

No ducking more than one time to make a base have more doors of security, to force a players path into a door low and back out the top like we always do to most doors. Players all love making a house more secure and valuable by adding doors to the forced path of props, adds more locks and safety.

This just also seems to favor intruders. besides we all admire crouch mazes and tunnels. there is not much you can do with that small fence as far as crouching goes like before. This change is designed to do something, but it wont have a positive effect imo.

Do not forget we love you.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Lawdog ().

• As people likely saw on city26, I like to be creative and imaginative with my propping. I had 24~ key holders, no locks on my door and I was growing without a care in the world. Maybe people who really need these massive defenses need to reconsider how people feel about them. Think about how they act to receive such aggression instead of playing a victim. :)
      - Highscores - Maps -
      - ReturnHex.com -
    • I wish this Thread could be limited to players that actually put in playing time in the server, No offense To Rezzoz and all the others that are wanting these new big restrictions on propping to stand, Many of you do not play consistently except for Doggy comes on lately a lot. We are talking about players trying to grind on the regular and make $$$

Rezoz wrote:

I like to be creative and imaginative with my propping.
      Under the New rules your old apartment last map would be banned, it forces you to duck in more that 2 places. You must also be confused of the severe changes, that were kinda slipped in recently,

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lawdog ().

• Lawdog wrote:

I wish this Thread could be limited to players that actually put in playing time in the server, No offense To Rezzoz and all the others that are wanting these new big restrictions on propping to stand, Many of you do not play consistently except for Doggy comes on lately a lot. We are talking about players trying to grind on the regular and make $$$

Rezoz wrote:

I like to be creative and imaginative with my propping.
      Under the New rules you old apartment last map would be banned, it forces you to duck in more that 2 places. You must also be confused of the severe changes, that were kinda slipped in recently,
      yeah but as for something like this it's best to get the entire player base's opinions, from an outsider perspective, it's quite clear that the 2% base is compensating because it was practically impossible to get in. Being someone who saw the base first hand, and would go in and out a lot, it's not easy to get people out once they've gotten in.

I think it's tough enough as is to get into a base that has a fence maze, especially from what I've seen in bases from time to time, hustler is a mediocre player but with a fence maze spanning an entire base and using over 10 props, he's able to get 20 kill streaks on the rev, and that's with all the RP items that prolong your life n shit.

I think the restrictions are reasonable and an attempt to balance the game, as the nightmare of the 2% base clearly showed that some stuff was just too easy to do, it seems every map now there's something being balanced cause boredom pushes the limits, just look at Uptown v5 and how I easily got a 6 door base for a low price of 1mil. then with new rules that base would cost over 5mil.

Also I don't think it was that severe tbh, it wasn't defensive or anything.
      CSGO CoLD Admin. Mapper. Server Destroy Supreme Master Extraordinaire. sniper
      Best American CSGO RP Server Owner 2021

The post was edited 1 time, last by Grubbsy ().

• I hear you Grub but this is not about the 2% base, these rule changes have been in the making for a long time even before this gang was formed. I just never expected them to go through and have this level of restriction.

This is about all the players with one and two door houses as well that are going to lose top propping capabilities, for safety. Literally affects everyone, seeks to ban anything more than 1 prop in the path of a player that slows them down.

By the way, many admins all went through the 2% base thoroughly, checked the 2% base and even moved some props deemed illegal last map, and deemed the rest completely legal. We should not point fingers and demonize ANYONE, but think of the greater good of the server.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Lawdog ().

• Okay honestly, last map Hustler you had the worst maze and crouch tunnel I have ever seen. I spent 45 minutes trying to figure it out how to completely get through to see if you were inside your base or whatever it was to kill you because I had looked almost all over the map with no luck finding you. I'm not trying to say that players shouldn't have the mazes/crouch tunnel whatever you want to call it because as stated it dues add to protecting gang bases and stuff but some of them are absolutely ridiculous and op as hell especially when there's multiple people in the gang relating to more props than those who aren't in gangs. Yeah I know I don't play often but I do get on from time to time at very random times and see different people on. Nemo's gang base last map was nice but I also only saw the bottom floor. As for DOA, I think if gangs became only 5 members plus a gang leader many people would leave because it would take away from a lot of the fun people seem to be having but only time will tell what happens and what will come next.
      “no admin for nova“- The Doggy 7/3/2018 @21:50pm (9:50pm)
    • I don't feel crouch mazes being completely illegal would be a good solution. I am open to having a restriction on how long they can be. It could be like only a certain percentage of the prop limit can be used for crouch mazes or something. But eliminating crouch mazes will just push people to create something even more gross. The actual crouch maze of the 2% base was fine, it was only like 3 or 4 back and fourths and then its over. On the flipside if you look at the monstrosity that birddie made for the RDM base, now that right there, grossest thing ever, very not #1 and should def not be a thing. That thing had like 5 tiers of like 6 back and fourths. And it was the entire usage of props for that base essentially.

Anyways long story short, instead of choosing the side of yes maze or no maze, create a middle ground.

Grubbsy wrote:

yeah but as for something like this it's best to get the entire player base's opinions, from an outsider perspective, it's quite clear that the 2% base is compensating because it was practically impossible to get in. Being someone who saw the base first hand, and would go in and out a lot, it's not easy to get people out once they've gotten in.
      If they don't play on the server then aren't then NOT the player base?
    • MeTaL ^x^ wrote:

Grubbsy wrote:

If they don't play on the server then aren't then NOT the player base?
      I mean, I would atleast consider Rezzoz a player with valuable insight, as he is a former admin (barely), and the lead mapper/only fucking mapper we have, He's gotten well over 500 man hours put into the server cause his ass don't fuckin afk, hell if we aint gonna tell nova to F-O

Hell, Rezoz even had a really good idea which I honestly don't think it's that bad of an idea,

His old fence maze props,

Removal of the 'Fence Maze' problem
      prnt.sc/u7kmlz
      prnt.sc/u7kut8

Because the prop names are labeled, I think it would be a good idea to limit the # of these and the length, whichever one comes first, so like 128 units or 5 pieces
      CSGO CoLD Admin. Mapper. Server Destroy Supreme Master Extraordinaire. sniper
      Best American CSGO RP Server Owner 2021
    • He doesn't even play!
      She doesn't even play!
      You don't even play!

Why does it always boil down to that? I presented a solution, which grubbsy linked. Really Grubbsy is pretty bang on with his assessment and facts.

I have several hundred hours (500+ at minimum) on the server and several thousand working on maps and highscores. I don't afk so you won't see me with thousands of semi-active/inactive hours. When I'm on, I'm playing and chatting. I have an absurd amount of access for someone who is 'retired admin' / 'just a player' as this point, I have messaged Syle about possibly reinstating in the future.

I would definitely like to see people go over to the thread Grubbsy linked and PROVIDE FEEDBACK on it. Because as far as middle grounds go, it's likely going to be the best middle ground people will get without 'gray areas' forming when it comes to propping.

So go ahead and comment on that thread, it'll be far more useful then yelling at each other on here.
      - Highscores - Maps -
      - ReturnHex.com -
    • Rezoz wrote:

He doesn't even play!
      She doesn't even play!
      You don't even play!

Why does it always boil down to that? I presented a solution, which grubbsy linked. Really Grubbsy is pretty bang on with his assessment and facts.

I have several hundred hours (500+ at minimum) on the server and several thousand working on maps and highscores. I don't afk so you won't see me with thousands of semi-active/inactive hours. When I'm on, I'm playing and chatting. I have an absurd amount of access for someone who is 'retired admin' / 'just a player' as this point, I have messaged Syle about possibly reinstating in the future.

I would definitely like to see people go over to the thread Grubbsy linked and PROVIDE FEEDBACK on it. Because as far as middle grounds go, it's likely going to be the best middle ground people will get without 'gray areas' forming when it comes to propping.

So go ahead and comment on that thread, it'll be far more useful then yelling at each other on here.
      I'm still wondering why it boils down to that as well. I do play just at various times since I keep switching my sleep schedule around plus Ash has a rotating schedule so when he's off I tend not to play so I can spend time with him. As someone who's been around for a long time and come and gone a lot over the years and have seen things changed each time I've come back and I still spoke on those then because I was active I don't think that someone's active time should matter especially since some people have begun to play on Rust more than here and as far as I'm aware you can do just about anything you want to on Rust.

I am in no way saying oh yes we should remove them or we should keep them. I personally hate them when they are too time consuming but I also don't use them myself but then you got to fact in that gangs have an advantage in a sense because of how many props they are allowed to have and as we all know some players aren't in gangs but enjoy provoking, lack of a better word, gang members into going after them and getting permkilled and such. Obviously there's no way to make it all 100% fair without just taking everything away which wouldn't be too much fun at that point but ya know I'm just a girl so I know nothing.
      “no admin for nova“- The Doggy 7/3/2018 @21:50pm (9:50pm)