new rule about crouch fence tunnel mazes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rezoz wrote:

He doesn't even play!
      She doesn't even play!
      You don't even play!

Why does it always boil down to that? I presented a solution, which grubbsy linked. Really Grubbsy is pretty bang on with his assessment and facts.

I have several hundred hours (500+ at minimum) on the server and several thousand working on maps and highscores. I don't afk so you won't see me with thousands of semi-active/inactive hours. When I'm on, I'm playing and chatting. I have an absurd amount of access for someone who is 'retired admin' / 'just a player' as this point, I have messaged Syle about possibly reinstating in the future.

I would definitely like to see people go over to the thread Grubbsy linked and PROVIDE FEEDBACK on it. Because as far as middle grounds go, it's likely going to be the best middle ground people will get without 'gray areas' forming when it comes to propping.

So go ahead and comment on that thread, it'll be far more useful then yelling at each other on here.
      Removal of the 'Fence Maze' problem
      It boils down to it because if someone doesn't even play, why should their opinion impact the result of the server. Also as far as the other post goes, that convo is on the right track and I believe I have commented on that. Right now though there is a very major rule being dropped and there are people posting on here who aren't part of the ACTIVE player base that these rules affect. At the end of the day this rule affects ACTIVE players and so that's who should be holding the discussion. Not people who hop in once in a blue moon and then just walk around and chat, not people who log in, hide and then spectate the whole server for hours, not people who hop in and just afk on the streets for hours on end. People who grind, people who infiltrate, people who spend hours and hours looking to add to the games experience. These people who don't grind or play or add to the actual experience are the ones who complain about everyone having money and health and more guns and all this other shit that we went and grinded for. And every game piece that gets changed is to go against these people who have put the time in to grind and add to the experience.
    • @staff Crouch post

Good morning cold community.

Id like to start off by saying I feel as this is all starting to get out of hand. We are a community, we should ALL come together and compromise to make these new rules work for all.

No offense to admins or players but yes I kinda agree with the concerns of the crouch mazes to an extent. Some of the bases we had in the past were way to op. Some were extremely to long and made movement way to difficult. For players that are not the best at dming and under 10’s it made it nearly impossible for them to get through. Should they practice and get better? Absolutely! But that’s not the point. Point is that it should be fair to all.

Now, as to limiting it to only one crouch and the original new rule of no jump crouches....that’s going a little to far imo. Yes I feel as they should be limited but not to just 1 or none. Maybe a small one with that given model or a small choice of certain models/props in each room of the base or limit it to 3-4, 4-6 in each base with a certain length and with only so many turns. In most bases multiple crouches kinda need to be used to force the main path through the multiple doors in bases. Something we all love to do.

When it comes to crouch jumps, you find them all over the maps, those should not be limited as much.

New gang member rules,
      Limiting it to just 6 total is pretty low. I could see limiting it to 8-10 members. I see the point in wanting more gangs and trying to create the need for more raids but changing this rule really won’t change a thing. If anything cause a negative impact. Most gangs will be dropped and will just be a cluster fudge of everyone giving everyone keys to their bases. This rule will chase gangs away. It is already starting to happen. We will have a bunch of keys out, no gangs, and very little cops since cops don’t make that much money to begin with.

As an active daily player I hear all the concerns of the main player base and yes most do not agree with it, some ppl just don’t like change. I understand that. Can the admin base meet the player base in the middle??

@syle22, @Volar
      "If his destiny be strange, it is also sublime." misslelauncher

“From a caprice of nature, not from the ignorance of man. Not a mistake has been made in the working. But we cannot prevent equilibrium from producing its effects. We may brave human laws, but we cannot resist natural ones.”
    • 8 Sounds fair for Gangs. Gives atleast 3 full gangs and one semi full, assuming the 30 population could be met.

As I stated in game I'd like to give all this more than a week to come to Fruition.

Crouch ducking(Crouch Jumps) I was already leaning towards allowing a few swift ones in a base(Case and point allowing Graphix and not just removing it outright day one.)

As for the multiple crouches to force through doors, assuming no one can actually figure out how to prop a base defensively without these I wouldn't be opposed to allowing two of the current given model or one of a larger model but thats something that'd need some discussing and in game setups to see just how OP they could be made. They'd also have a couple stipulations like the current rule.