Job Update

• Hey Active Members of CoLD,

Last night, a few players including myself we're thinking of some Ideas and updates for the jobs that are not as played as often. As many of you know there are only a hand few that are played around the server such as:
      -"Drug Grower"
      -"Counterfeiter"
      -"Hacker"

We came up with some ideas that might make the less played jobs have more incentive to play here are just a few.

Medic:
      The medic has always been apart of the game allowing players to buy health while on the go. However, the problem is that this job is overshadowed and less preferred to its sister category, "Stripper". The "Stripers" benefits are unmatched when it comes to the medic in health and pay.
      We proposed the Idea that Medics could have more of an active roll in a team fighting. Such new traits could be:

-Medics spawn with Pistols, Smgs and Crossbows however, these weapons are to inflicted negative damage resulting in healing the players struck for half the actual damage they would regularly cause.
      or
      -Medics have a aura around them that would periodically heal players within a certain range being 5ft(or however the distance set).

-Medics would be payed based on the health they supply.
      -Medics could not make money if they are attempting to heal a player at full HP.

Assassin:
      Honestly, This job has been broken for a while and needs to be fixed

Drug Runner:
      Drug Runner is a interesting job, although it does promoted activity running to the vendors around the map, this job needs more incentive. The job is requiring you to spend money by purchasing a delivery and then making about double in return for the completion of that delivery, making this a high risk no reward as you are required to have money on you at all times. some things that could be changed are:

-cost less to purchase a delivery.
      or
      -acquire more for the completion of the delivery.
      and
      -giving a Armour/Health bonus to a player with this job.

Stripper:
      Strippers is the job you want to you when raiding. The Health bonus a player gets is very powerful being 250hp, but fighting two Strippers at once can be a nightmare. the proposed idea was:

-Strippers gain half the amount of Health supplied to the client.
      and
      -STRIPPERS CAN NOT PURCHASE ANOTHER STIPPER.

Lastly for the rebel side, (thank you Demonkitty for suggesting this one). A new job called the "Soldier".

Soldier:

-Soldier is used after a Cop acquires a "streak" being cuffs/kills
      -Soldier does a small percentage more to any cop that has a "streak"
      -Soldier gains more money the higher the streak.

Cop:
      Cops have had their tweaks in the past so this one will be short.

-Cops earn more money for jail time, For example: $5 per second in jail instead of $3 per second.
      -Cops have a chance of claiming the bounty of a player, bounties are gone to waste if a player is cuffed by a cop so why not make the cop have a chance of 25% to take the bounty when cuffing that player.

Big thanks to everyone talking with me and shooting ideas back and forth.

If any of you guys agree or disagree please leave your comments.

Thank you.
      You defeat your enemies when they become your friends
    • A compilation of many Great Idea's Mira. When admins take time to write such long posts on the forum, it's usually because they feel motivated, and care enough about the community to do so. Much respect!

Thumbs up from me, this is well done, and very thoughtful.

Updating cop sounds great. This is something that I have wanted to do for a while now. Also the rest of the job tweaks are genius, and this "soldier" thing, sounds like money to me. :thumbup:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lawdog ().

• MiraclesBelieveInMe wrote:

Hey Active Members of CoLD,

Last night, a few players including myself we're thinking of some Ideas and updates for the jobs that are not as played as often. As many of you know there are only a hand few that are played around the server such as:
      -"Drug Grower"
      -"Counterfeiter"
      -"Hacker"

We came up with some ideas that might make the less played jobs have more incentive to play here are just a few.

Medic:
      The medic has always been apart of the game allowing players to buy health while on the go. However, the problem is that this job is overshadowed and less preferred to its sister category, "Stripper". The "Strippers" benefits are unmatched when it comes to the medic in health and pay.
      We proposed the Idea that Medics could have more of an active roll in a team fighting. Such new traits could be:

-Medics spawn with Pistols, Smgs and Crossbows however, these weapons are to inflicted negative damage resulting in healing the players struck for half the actual damage they would regularly cause.
      or
      -Medics have a aura around them that would periodically heal players within a certain range being 5ft(or however the distance set).

-Medics would be payed based on the health they supply.
      -Medics could not make money if they are attempting to heal a player at full HP.

Assassin:
      Honestly, This job has been broken for a while and needs to be fixed

Drug Runner:
      Drug Runner is a interesting job, although it does promoted activity running to the vendors around the map, this job needs more incentive. The job is requiring you to spend money by purchasing a delivery and then making about double in return for the completion of that delivery, making this a high risk no reward as you are required to have money on you at all times. some things that could be changed are:

-cost less to purchase a delivery.
      or
      -acquire more for the completion of the delivery.
      and
      -giving a Armour/Health bonus to a player with this job.

Stripper:
      Strippers is the job you want to you when raiding. The Health bonus a player gets is very powerful being 250hp, but fighting two Strippers at once can be a nightmare. the proposed idea was:

-Strippers gain half the amount of Health supplied to the client.
      and
      -STRIPPERS CAN NOT PURCHASE ANOTHER STIPPER.

Lastly for the rebel side, (thank you Demonkitty for suggesting this one). A new job called the "Soldier".

Soldier:

Cop:
      Cops have had their tweaks in the past so this one will be short.

-Cops earn more money for jail time, For example: $5 per second in jail instead of $3 per second.
      -Cops have a chance of claiming the bounty of a player, bounties are gone to waste if a player is cuffed by a cop so why not make the cop have a chance of 25% to take the bounty when cuffing that player.

Big thanks to everyone talking with me and shooting ideas back and forth.

If any of you guys agree or disagree please leave your comments.

Thank you.

Medic - There is a Healgun setup but it works with any weapon equipped and goes over Max HP. This could probably be adjusted.
      However I do like the thought of an AOE Aura that heals, preferably with the Medic having to do something to initiate it.
      Maybe when they attack a player with melee or crossbow it releases an AOE heal and the Medic gets say $2 per 1 HP healed but the AOE heal has an Internal cooldown of say 3-4 seconds?

Drug Runner - We could also go the opposite, raise the cost of a Delivery but quadruple the payout. Make it like a Luxury Delivery and it's announced to the player base so people can attempt to kill the Drug Runner for the cash they receive(Money comes and goes from Wallet).

Stripper - Could make Strippers give better HP bonuses but go into T pose position while the animation happens(Make animation T pose last 7-10 seconds).

Soldier - Liking this one as proposed.

Cop - Talked about this last night, I've always been for Cops getting more money.
      I honestly suggested $20-25 per second in jail to give good pay and to promote higher bribes or the criminal sits in jail and serves their time.

Drug Runner:
      What if we had a tip system for time completed. Like the faster they deliver it, they get a tip bonus.

Volar wrote:

Maybe when they attack a player with melee or crossbow it releases an AOE heal and the Medic gets say $2 per 1 HP healed but the AOE heal has an Internal cooldown of say 3-4 seconds?
      If we want to incentivize it, it needs to be worth it. So if you are healing with a crossbow, it needs to be worth the ammo cost and more to incentivize it, otherwise it can be used as basically a gang usage. There is also a possibility to have a gang specialty version, one that maybe is alittle more powerful.

MiraclesBelieveInMe wrote:

This is a great addition to cop. If we are looking at multiple cop buffs, start off as one or the other though, see how it affects the balance, and then adjust accordingly. This would also incentivize them cuffing and jailing for more nonviolent crimes compared to violent because cops don't get paid more for nonviolent crimes as they spend less time in jail.

miraclesBelieveInMe wrote:

Soldier:

Possibly a gang specialty? the gangs are suppose to be the counter to cops, so I feel like this should be more of a gang specialty. This also can open more doors to other things like cops getting paid more for jailing gang members, or cops get a cuff streak where they get more $ per second with each cuff in a row they make.

As for the Assassin job, I honestly do not understand how it works, I will maybe spend some time today playing with it to see possible reworks to be done. I just remember switching to it once, hitting /job to check it out, and then going nope and changing to something else.

Overall I like that we are moving to make a more positive direction of changes here instead of focusing strictly on nerfs.
    • Thank you for the replies,

Some responses that peaked my interest.

Volar wrote:

Medic - There is a Healgun setup but it works with any weapon equipped and goes over Max HP. This could probably be adjusted.
      However I do like the thought of an AOE Aura that heals, preferably with the Medic having to do something to initiate it.
      Either of these would be a good change, and even promote more team fights or even having a "sideless" medic on the battle field for hire too.

Volar wrote:

Cop - Talked about this last night, I've always been for Cops getting more money.
      I honestly suggested $20-25 per second in jail to give good pay and to promote higher bribes or the criminal sits in jail and serves their time.

I wasnt sure about how much the cops made but with the added bonus we would have less times with a copless server. I agree that giving a huge pay increase would be long overdue.

Volar wrote:

Drug Runner - We could also go the opposite, raise the cost of a Delivery but quadruple the payout. Make it like a Luxury Delivery and it's announced to the player base so people can attempt to kill the Drug Runner for the cash they receive(Money comes and goes from Wallet).

MeTaL ^x^ wrote:

What if we had a tip system for time completed. Like the faster they deliver it, they get a tip bonus.
      I didn't even think about a tip system maybe like 20% with a declining percentage every 30seconds?
      Also the luxury delivery is very good idea too, puts even more risk with a high reward.

MeTaL ^x^ wrote:

This is a great addition to cop. If we are looking at multiple cop buffs, start off as one or the other though, see how it affects the balance, and then adjust accordingly. This would also incentivize them cuffing and jailing for more nonviolent crimes compared to violent because cops don't get paid more for nonviolent crimes as they spend less time in jail.
      As with the balance, I believe the jail pay buff should be first and see how it starts off then add the bounty after if we feel its needed.
      You defeat your enemies when they become your friends

I didn't even think about a tip system maybe like 20% with a declining percentage every 30seconds?
      Also the luxury delivery is very good idea too, puts even more risk with a high reward.
      Just like with the cop suggestion, balance is everything. Should implement one before the other, smaller changes and adjustments instead of multiple at once.

MiraclesbelieveInMe wrote:

Either of these would be a good change, and even promote more team fights or even having a "sideless" medic on the battle field for hire too.
      This would also get more "passive" people involved in fights. Some people are super neutral and it would provide a way for people to help someone without being an aggressor.