Capt_N3mo Admin/Staff Application

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Capt_N3mo Admin/Staff Application

Steam Name: Capt_N3mo

SteamID: (STEAM_0:1:1548794)

How long have you been a part of our community (either server)?: Little over a year, and played many years ago when it was Syles RP

What does being a staff member entail?:Why do you believe that you deserve to be granted a trial-staff position?:

First, you are a player just like anyone else. Being an admin in a server such as ColdCommunity is a very trusted position. ColdCommunity is more than just a dm server, it is a community. That is one thing I absolutely love about ColdCommunity, and what has drove me to stay around. We are almost like a large weird diverse family.

Being a staff member in my opinion is a trusted position to ensure everyone is playing by the rules, help every player when it is needed, attract new players and help them stay and grow. Prop for players when needed. Make sure it is a safe and fun place for all ages.

I feel as I deserve a staff position because I am a very honest and am an extremely trustworthy individual.

I treat almost every player as equals.

I feel as I have a great repour with all admins and am respected by many players.

I personally drive to help others, I always take the time to help new, and old players, and I truly feel as I could help make a positive impact and help the server grow.

I am active almost every day. I am on almost every morning and evening during the week, and am always around on the weekends.

I feel as we need an admin that has the time to be around, and is active, not just on every once in a while, and I know I can give that to the server.

I care about ColdCommunity greatly and want to be able to help out more.

Do you have any previous staffing experience(s) (List community and, if possible, rank)?: Yes

I use to host/own a Dm server on HL2Dm for many many years, and host/own/admin two servers on Opposing Force.

I co-own DEATHDOME, and own Op4_Catp_N3mo’s League.

I have been an admin for Deathdome for many years, probably over 12-15 years. Deathdome is and has been a very popular server on op4 for several years. I became a co-owner about 5 years ago when the previous owner had financial issues and could no longer pay for fee’s and did not have the time to keep it alive. Since I took over it has been stronger, made several updates and added a few new plugins, and it has had more traffic than before.

Do you understand the basic commands of our server that we use? If so please list how to do the following(Completely): Yes

a). Kicking a player: /kick “playername” "reason"

b). Banning a player(for one day): /ban “playername” 1440 "give reason"

c). Creating a prop: /db_create “propname”

d). Freezing a prop: sm_freezeit & /freezeit

e). Saving a prop: sm_save & /save

f). Connecting a prop to a door: sm_linkpropdoor “door#”

g). How to look up any SourceMod command: sm_searchcmd & sm_help in console

Explain how you would handle the following situations:

A player says they suspect another player of hacking:

First, I would notify all other admins to keep an eye out
    Second, record demo, and spectate.
    Third, would gather more info before just banning someone, consult with other admins.
    Forth, set an appropriate ban

A cop is rdming other players:

Remind that cop that rdming is ok as long he/she was shot at first, or the rebels are in the pd or on pd grounds.

A rebel is rdming players under ten hours:

First, I would spectate the player that is accused of killing under ten while talking with said rebel and remind them that you cannot
    initiate a fight with a box/under ten, verbal warning if first offense, and note to all other admins.

Second, if unproved under 10 keeps getting killed I would ban player from server for an hour or an appropriate time based on previous bans.

A new player connects whom has never played lite rp before:

Would welcome player to the server, guide them to the motd, coldcommunity.com wiki, and of course !tutorial command in the chat.

I have also kind of been known/became the protector of boxes, I have always looked out for under tens. Been a body guard if needed, just about always give new players money, weapons and a bunch of other items. In my opinion under tens are crucial to our community. Without them our community cannot grow.

A player says they have lost their cop due to a mess up:

First off, being a cop is a TRUSTED position and is EARNED, not just given. That always plays a factor in cop strips.

Consult with other admins, with Syle, check cop app for any comments, speak with other players to investigate. I would never over rule what another admin enforced, but maybe consult to see if we can lower cop strip if the offense was minor but only if that cop has filed an appeal. If no appeal, suggest player to file an appeal at ColdCommunity.com and staff can go from there.

Have you read and understood the community rules?:

I have read everything that is available to me and have a well understanding of all rules.

Do you understand that it will be your job to enforce these rules?:
    Absolutely!!!

Do you understand that you as a staff member are still to abide by these rules along with others pertaining to staff?:

I would be no different than any other player! I have always felt that admins should lead by example and you could always expect that from me.

Do you understand that misuse of your rank will result in your immediate removal as well as other possible consequences such as a ban?:

As it should be, absolutely! I take a lot of pride in what I do, and I also care about this community ALOT.

I understand what Syle said not that long ago about new admins, but I feel as we need a new active admin more than ever. I know this app will
    probably sit here forever but that is ok with me. I have alot of patience.

For everyone that took the time to read it, Thank You!!

Happy Holidays and New Years to everyone =)
    "If his destiny be strange, it is also sublime." misslelauncher

“From a caprice of nature, not from the ignorance of man. Not a mistake has been made in the working. But we cannot prevent equilibrium from producing its effects. We may brave human laws, but we cannot resist natural ones.”
  • This dude is solid. The fact that he joined almost exactly a year ago (Amsterville) and is now one of the top 5 players should speak volumes. He knows the mod and hl2dm mechanics well. And it is no secret that lately Lawdog is the only admin on during the day, with Bird being gone. +1, give him Bird's position.
  • +1 from me but I would like to go into detail on just why this man deserves admin. And even though I have my own admin app that is pending, even if I don't get it and Nemo does. I would be OK.

Throughout everything that has happened on the server during this lovely year, the one consistency the server has had has been Nemo. He is on EVERY DAY. He has always helped new people to the fullest to the point where he had his own SEA gang that was literally new players. This man not only is a beacon of welcoming to new players. But goes out of his way even when he is in the middle of doing something to help them. He is one of the sole reasons that we have new players that even stay around.

Nemo's patience is second to none. This man has shown complete patience even to the MOST trying of trolls. He doesn't let anyone get under his skin and can show that he will handle any situation with neutrality and fairness. He will also be able to handle it in a cool, collected manner. This man is professional, and shows what it is to be the pinnacle of a leader of this community. No player looks up to anyone more than they do to Nemo, and this includes current admins.

There is not one single person you will be able to trust, rely, and expect greatness as an admin from more than Nemo will make as an admin. This guy DESERVES it.

The post was edited 2 times, last by MeTaL ^x^ ().

• God bless N3mo.

When my sister Mary was struck blind we almost lost our small family farm. N3mo worked all day and all night to protect us. Then he rode into town and saved the blacksmiths shop from burning down.

One time there was a tiny puppy stuck down a well, N3mo went down that well, on his own in the dark, lifted the pup up on his shoulder. Let the pup run happily free.

N3mo plants lovely flowers. He is kind to the horses.
    He would be the greatest Admin in human history and would make all the other Admin look like silly mouse poo.

+1
    Files
    • Me and N3mo.jpg

(604.88 kB, downloaded 1 times, last: )
  • I haven't been on much in the last couple months partly due to not having a working pc and partly due to other commitments, however throughout all my experiences with nemo in the past year or so I have absolutely nothing negative to say about him and as all these other glowing responses may indicate, I have never heard anything negative about him from anyone else either.

Nemo seems to be a great guy who only wants to help the community grow more and more which is exactly the mindset an admin should have and I wholeheartedly believe he would be one of the best if not the best person out of the entire community to be able to help out in a more critical role than as just a player.

I 100% support nemo in his endeavor and wish him the best of luck.
  • I think Nemo has always done his best as a player to make a positive impact to the server, while still enjoying the game and having fun. He does not hesitate to help brand new players all the time. He has a good handle on the game.

As a player, Nemo has impressed me from the beginning. He is kind, light hearted, and has a mellow tone. He has quick reasoning skills as far as admin would require. He seems very honest imo.

Yes, accepting this application could be good for everyone in the entire community.

Especially for someone already so concerned about server wellness like Nemo, now he could do more to help if given this critical role.
  • Not funny, my heart dropped when I first glimpsed at this!
    "If his destiny be strange, it is also sublime." misslelauncher

“From a caprice of nature, not from the ignorance of man. Not a mistake has been made in the working. But we cannot prevent equilibrium from producing its effects. We may brave human laws, but we cannot resist natural ones.”