We need a economy reset

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• We need a economy reset

I have been a player for years however I have been run out of the server by DOA and his merry bunch off assclowns.
    With his 60 millon plus he can do what ever he wants and its super not fair I broke 500 locks after I saved for weeks and I really think something needs to be done.
    At least make it where he cant put crime on other players so he can kill them so they cannot challenge him at all.
    Just something to ponder.

plus breaking 500 locks doesnt mean he can run off players
  • Sensible hat on for a sec...

There was a thread a few months back on econ resets and it was generally jumped up and down on by most people, including me. I love my money, I worked for it and don't want to give it up. However, a lot of players want a fairer ecconomy.

How about this as a solution -

Bank and Items get reset once a year, alondside a map change.
    Basic low starting cash / items given to all.
    Then all players on the top 25 wealth list get reset to the lowest score on the leader board (currently about $5M)
    Top 3 players get a multiple of that list amount (3rd gets $10M, 2nd gets $15M, 1st gets $20M)

That way most players are equal, high scoring and hard working players start at a fairly good wealth level so they dont have to scamble about saving for crowbars and can buy a house on the new map. Top 3 aces get fairly rewarded. Plus there's a genuine ongoing incentive to work and save money year by year - so you can get to the new world with descent starting wealth.

I think server wealth should acknowlege regular players commitment but not be so huge as to dominate and intimidate.
  • CM-VULCAN wrote:

I have been a player for years however I have been run out of the server by DOA and his merry bunch off assclowns.
    Mad cuz bad?

The problem you guys are complaining about doesn't have an econ reset as a solution. DOA has over an ENTIRE YEAR of playtime over you and so he should have more money than you. It's not his fault you suck cuz you don't play as much. DOA has the most playtime on the server, and he has the most money on the server. In fact, the players with the top 10 most play time are also in the top 15 in terms of bank account worth. Instead of bitching about being broke, grind some money. An econ reset wouldn't do anything because those people will just grind it all back like they did this time. You will still be a broke trashcan because your a broke trashcan. In fact more players will complain because they are now broke and don't grind, just because they have saved up every single penny while they have played.

I am not against an econ reset, I say go ahead, you'll still get the shit shot out of you and get absolutely rekt. The econ reset needs to be for a good reason. Possibly in line with a new era, not because someone sucks and they think its unfair that they suck. But hey, maybe with an econ reset admins will actually get on and actually play instead of sitting in spectate or noclip outside the map.

One final piece of advice: Don't piss off the gang leader of a gang and maybe you wouldn't get fucked up by the entire gang :)
  • Ah!, My bad, I saw the title of this thread and mistook it for a discussion about resetting the ecconomy.

Duh!

Realise now it's just another winge / bitch session between waring players.
    <insert crack here about Metal sucking on DOA's "bulls" or whatever else might provoke a bit of forum rage>

:)

Captain Cock, aka NumbNuts,
    Aka 丅Hє NumbcHEŻ
  • Captain Cock wrote:

Realise now it's just another winge / bitch session between waring players.
    <insert crack here about Metal sucking on DOA's "bulls" or whatever else might provoke a bit of forum rage>
    We already had a discussion thread on an econ reset, this one is someone who sucks getting his ass kicked and is looking for some kind of "advantage". I just call it how it is.
  • Captain Cock wrote:

Sensible hat on for a sec...

There was a thread a few months back on econ resets and it was generally jumped up and down on by most people, including me. I love my money, I worked for it and don't want to give it up. However, a lot of players want a fairer ecconomy.

How about this as a solution -

Bank and Items get reset once a year, alondside a map change.
    Basic low starting cash / items given to all.
    Then all players on the top 25 wealth list get reset to the lowest score on the leader board (currently about $5M)
    Top 3 players get a multiple of that list amount (3rd gets $10M, 2nd gets $15M, 1st gets $20M)

That way most players are equal, high scoring and hard working players start at a fairly good wealth level so they dont have to scamble about saving for crowbars and can buy a house on the new map. Top 3 aces get fairly rewarded. Plus there's a genuine ongoing incentive to work and save money year by year - so you can get to the new world with descent starting wealth.

I think server wealth should acknowlege regular players commitment but not be so huge as to dominate and intimidate.

this thread is very bad, but the above quote is a cool idea especially the last bit. some kind of system with progressive rewards is the line of thinking I have adopted for our upcoming resolution.