temp keys

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So a few of us were talking about AFK and hiding strategies.
      and the idea of temporary or loaned out keys came up.

the idea is this, a door owner can give a temporary key (1 time use, we 1 open and 1 close ) to a person,
      it costs money so say 5k,

the person can use the key 1 time to enter or to exit the owners door.

This way a person could enter the owners to AFK or exist after AFK

the temp key holder will not show on the door/ or will show until the key is used.

Just a random thought

Anyone got an idea to make this better?
    • If we change the arrival spawn point to an afk room (no kill zone) with a tp to the map, we could pretty much eliminate RP altogether from the server.

For me I think pro afking is really frustrating, particularly for new players who join what looks like a busy server only to find it’s deserted. I’d prefer to see all locks banned and seek and destroy hiding afk players be a thing.

But I like playing the actual game a bit so in a monitory I know.

Alternative idea... what about a limitless printer that stays active when a player disconnects. It generates cash as the same rate as the players wage.
      That way you could spawn it inside your house, behind tons of locks and never need to come back to the server at all. Job done.
    • I think the idea of a consumable key would be interesting. Allowing the door owner to buy and hold a consumable key for non-gang doors to sell to other players possible at an up-charge, and giving a perk to someone who is an actual door owner, and not just a key holder.
      I am the illuminati; 666
    • Captain Cock wrote:

For me I think pro afking is really frustrating, particularly for new players who join what looks like a busy server only to find it’s deserted. I’d prefer to see all locks banned and seek and destroy hiding afk players be a thing.
      You could just yankow, break locks. It's a function of the game.

AFKing doesn't make as much money as some people think, with the rate that the server crashes youll only make 5-10k at a time. If you are a really high wage, maybe 20k. Active income will always make more money than passive income, specifically hacking and growing.

Temp keys would not be a bad idea, especially since players like Nemo like to give them to new players to help them out a bit when they first start.