Dr. Striker's Admin Application

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dr. Striker's Admin Application

Steam Name: Dr. Striker

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:516582929

How long have you been a part of our community(either server)?: I have been a member of Cold Community since 2019

What does being a staff member entail?:Why do you believe that you deserve to be granted a trial-staff position?:

Being a staff member implies that i must put into effect/action the rules that are being implemented. not only rectify players to following the rules but to set an example myself.

Why is striker worthy of a trial-staff position?:
    I want to be able to get the trusted administrator position in order to help our fellow players prop their base including myself. I believe that a player like me, who has spent my entire time not only roleplaying as a character but also who has spent more time knowing how the system/rules works has the chance to prove myself of worthy to apply for a trial-staff position. I may have a silly/different character in the game but i know what the rules are and i have been doing my best in following the rules and rectifying my actions.

I am willing to learn more everyday and to be granted this position, I would do everything to help not just the players but the admin staffs too.

Do you have any previous staffing experience(s) (List community and, if possible, rank)?: Unfortunately not.

Do you understand the basic commands of our server that we use? If so please list how to do the following(Completely):
    a). Kicking a player: /kick example : /kick striker
    b). Banning a player(for one day): /ban example : /ban striker 1440 /ban "name" 1440 minutes
    c). Creating a prop: /db_create <mode> adding the # 1 spawns the prop. for example : /db_create models/props_c17/fence02b.mdl 1
    d). Freezing a prop: /freezeit will freeze it but using /save is storing it into database.
    e). Saving a prop: /save and for removing a prop : /remove if it is saved on the database and /delete is just removing any prop without deleting it from the database.
    f). Connecting a prop to a door: /linkpropdoor # (unlinking is by using the command: /unlinkpropdoor #) you can find door id with /door and its recommend to link it to the front door.
    g). How to look up any SourceMod command: sm_searchcmd on console or /searchcmd on chat.

Explain how you would handle the following situations:

A player says they suspect another player of hacking:

If a player suspects a fellow player of hacking: i will start by spectating the suspect and start recording a demo to confirm if he is hacking. and if there is an evidence to be proven i would immediately inform other fellow staffs.

A cop is rdming other players:

I will inform the said player/cop of the rules regarding cop rules/rdm on rebels. Give a verbal and written warning if he insist in rdming the said rebel i would inform other staff about this situation before i plan to respond with a punishment which is a /kick

A rebel is rdming players under ten hours:

I will give the said player who is rdming under ten hours players a written and a verbal warning if he insist on breaking the said rule i would immediately inform other fellow staffs of this situation before i respond with a punishment such as /kick

A new player connects whom has never played lite rp before:

I will start by asking the player if he wants to learn how to play or just look around thus knowing his intention i would have him type /tutorial and if the command is bugged/not working i will show him around the map teach him the basic commands in order to start roleplaying. if busy i would ask other admin to help the new player.

A player says they have lost their cop due to a mess up:

I will kindly ask the player if they can show me their most recent cop application and check if this player lost cop by not following rules/copstripped. if the said player has a clean record i will re employ him as cop if have the ability to do so or inform an admin that can.

Have you read and understood the community rules?: Yes.

Do you understand that it will be your job to enforce these rules?: Yes.

Do you understand that you as a staff member are still to abide by these rules along with others pertaining to staff?: Yes.

Do you understand that misuse of your rank will result in your immediate removal as well as other possible consequences such as a ban?: Yes.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Stay Private. Keep them guessing. rocketlauncher
  • Being admin can be stressful sometimes, or frustrating because now your not a player anymore and your not measured the same. It is up to you to do something about the server now. It is a big responsibility habibi. It takes a somewhat unique and mature individual. A Person who is honest. A person who can take charge of a situation rather than doing the easy thing which is to sit back and do nothing.

Being an admin is not always difficult like this, but when it is necessary you have to be ready and switch your priorities from a player role and do what is best for the server as an admin would. The fact is that being an admin in this server is much different than being a player perspective wise. It can be a learning and growing experience for life.

These are all things you will find out later if you become admin.

+1

The post was edited 6 times, last by Lawdog ().

• I have known Striker since 2019 and I admit that the first time he interacted with the players he seemed more or less like a common troll just trying to annoy people that play on the server with his fake accent. I initially didn't like him. However, as time passed, he seemed to become more and more mature and tried to actually play the game such as organizing gangs, helping newcomers etc.

Moreover, he reduced his trolling with a fake accent and use of different language to a point where I think it's healthy for the server and actually funny on many occasions. This shows his willingness to learn from his mistakes and to be part of the server and cold community. I also believe that the vast majority of the server like him, as he always brings some fresh new wind to the server when he plays and interacts with others.

If this is about the trusted admin role, I am convinced this is a good choice as striker has spent years playing on our server. Also, he has good knowledge of the majority of the people that play on the server and how they would like their props to be done.

However, as for the trial position, I think we have better applicants at the moment, that have spent more time and thus have more experience on our server.