Cop strip for one year

• Cop strip for one year

STEAM_1:0:51463595

TH3_CR4ZY_L3K4

i would first like to say a few words about the incident with nut and cash. nut had enough crime that i could use kickdoor which i did cash followed me in and went in with me i didn't let him in unobserved. i wasn't sure if it was right to kill him before they said i killed him for no reason i always make sure i follow all the rules which i have done so far. so cash went in and killed nut. that was my first mistake as a cop and everyone who is with me on the server knows that i am a good cop and always pay attention to what i am allowed to do as a cop and what not. i treat every player fair and even nut can testify that i am a good cop. that's why i feel it is very unfair to take the cop away from me for 1 year. i would understand if i was a bad cop who hardly follows rules and does what he wants but i am the complete opposite. how the decision turns out is up to you and i respect your decision but i would find it very unfair to me to take the cop away from me for 1 year. since it was my first mistake and i am otherwise a good cop i think a warning would have been enough but you decide that and not me.
  • Cop Strip? for one YEAR?? with no dem. file?? based off of chat messages???
    I thought we're better than that.
    The way Crazy explained the situation to me, and from what I surmised, I have a few things to point out:

- There is no dem. file. I can write out a whole chat log if I was hobbyless and wanted somebody banned. Would you also accept it?
    - Cash always commands people. He tells me to go cop and/or let him out all the time. Doesn't mean I do it, or that I do it BECAUSE he said so. Same goes for Crazy.
    - Crazy did NOT know Cash was behind him when he kicked the door. He only noticed when he was inside.
    - I don't think you can fully understand "stehst vorne dran" in this context as evidence, for two reasons
    1) Google Translate only translates literally. For example, the above phrase can also mean "you are up next"
    2) The Chat doesn't have time stamps. Only the order in which messages were sent. The report wasn't even a SCREENSHOT.
    3) Cash mostly uses his microphone, so this chat long does not document all communication that transpired.
    - The only REAL mistake Crazy did (and he admits to it himself) is that he did not know that he can kill ANYONE who is inside during a police raid, including someone who doesn't have keys. Ironically, out of the fear of him accidentally breaking a rule.

After taking all of that into consideration, I think 1 year is too damn long. It's just not fair. We'll be lucky if this game is still alive by then.
    Crazy is a nice guy and a good cop and loves the server and respects everyone and wants everyone to have a good time and understands that Cop is a trusted position.
    I wouldn't defend him if I didn't believe that. Besides, this is his first official offence. A warning would more than suffice in this case, I assure you.
    You can add a 24 hours strip to that if it makes you feel any better. Other cops have done equal mistakes and received the same (guy most recent example, except that he was actually caught in the act (appropriate evidence))
  • and why is nut's request accepted at all? that's not the kind of request you can make that's not evidence. evidence is when he shows screenshots or something where you can see 100% that i made those statements that could just as easily be fake. but his request was accepted directly by admins even though you can't tell for sure if it's true or not so how is that even possible that it was accepted right away?
  • There is a demo, two actually. I always record and so do others even when they are afk.
    "If his destiny be strange, it is also sublime." misslelauncher

“From a caprice of nature, not from the ignorance of man. Not a mistake has been made in the working. But we cannot prevent equilibrium from producing its effects. We may brave human laws, but we cannot resist natural ones.”

The post was edited 2 times, last by Capt_n3Mo: update ().

• TH3_CR4ZY_L3K4 wrote:

exactly right and nut didn't do it that way so why was it accepted that is not correct. here is the quote from the ban request format "Ban requests that do not include a demo (.dem file) may be instantly denied."

“From a caprice of nature, not from the ignorance of man. Not a mistake has been made in the working. But we cannot prevent equilibrium from producing its effects. We may brave human laws, but we cannot resist natural ones.”
  • -

Rasul wrote:

- Crazy did NOT know Cash was behind him when he kicked the door. He only noticed when he was inside.
    - I don't think you can fully understand "stehst vorne dran"

Of course Crazy knew that cash was behind him when he kicked the door. He switched to cop on Cash's advice just seconds earlier. He knew Cash would be there. Crazy doesn't explain to us why he said the phrase "stehst vorne dran". Maybe he can explain that to us here.

As far as the evidence we use to make decisions here. We used the evidence provided to investigate the issue. In this case , a real time demo was studied after this was brought to light. We also use logs and input from other players that you may not be aware of.

The post was edited 2 times, last by HAND OF DOOM ().

• Rasul wrote:

You can add a 24 hours strip to that if it makes you feel any better. Other cops have done equal mistakes and received the same (guy most recent example, except that he was actually caught in the act (appropriate evidence))
    Thanks for this. I was wondering what would make us feel any better. Comparing "Guy's" misunderstanding of the rules as a brand new cop to collusion between two players who have been accused of it in the past is hardly the same thing. Blatant collusion between cop and rebel is one of the most serious offences for a cop on our server. Maybe you can explain to us why Crazy would say "stehst vorne dran" to Cash for us Rasul. Until this question is answered , I have to suggest that the one year ban should remain in place.
  • After some discussion with other players, other admins and arias of new info the one week reducement has been removed and as of now one year still stands until further notice.
    I jumped to the gun of reducing before looking into it further.

• HAND OF DOOM wrote:

He knew Cash would be there.
    fair enough to assume that Crazy would've known that it would be very likely, yes. Also, I became aware afterwards about the demo, so I also didn't get a chance to see it myself.

HAND OF DOOM wrote:

Crazy doesn't explain to us why he said the phrase "stehst vorne dran". Maybe he can explain that to us here.

Maybe you can explain to us why Crazy would say "stehst vorne dran" to Cash for us Rasul.
    I cannot speak for him, although it may look like exactly what I'm doing here now lol. I just asked him about the situation from his point of view and did as much as I can just a step shy of speaking on his behalf, because his English isn't as good and, again, because I think he's a good dude. But, this IS a good point and he said he doesn't remember the detail of why he said that and to whom. HOWEVER, I texted him letting him know to explain it in on here to himself.

HAND OF DOOM wrote:

Thanks for this. I was wondering what would make us feel any better.
    I genuinely meant no disrespect by saying that, my apologies if it came off that way Doom. But, for the sake of honesty, I do think you guys are being harsh on Crazy. He DID fuck up and he admits to it.
    He should've known that he could've and SHOUD'VE killed Cash during a raid. I think what happened there is that Cash took advantage of his good side and him being fuzzy on that particular rule AND them speaking the same language. But that's just my conjecture.

HAND OF DOOM wrote:

Comparing "Guy's" misunderstanding of the rules as a brand new cop to collusion between two players who have been accused of it in the past is hardly the same thing. Blatant collusion between cop and rebel is one of the most serious offences for a cop on our server.
    Maybe Guy isn't the best example, it was just the most recent and most similar that came to mind in the moment. Perhaps it was more of a comparison of character, but my point still stands; this is Crazy's first real offence. If blatant colluding is not an overstatement in your opinion, (since you guys have the demo and I, only Crazy's account on the situation and my knowledge of his character, Nuts' and Cash's) then I trust your judgement. But I don't believe Crazy did it on purpose with malicious intention.
    This is not a Kizaru case. Crazy's good character was being manipulated and I reckon he knows this now and is very cautious to not let it happen again. The lesson has been learned.
    A year is a really long time guys... Especially given that it could be reduced to a week. The difference just seems arbitrary to me.
    I just think my man deserves another chance that isn't a year away.
  • i already said i made a mistake and i regret it, especially because the job is very important to me. otherwise i'm a good player who is fair to everyone else and even nemo confirmed that, so i think 1 year is very excessive, but that's for you guys to decide. i never made unnecessary stress or something like that on the server so far, i'm always respectful to every player so i think i deserve you to reduce the punishment. i hope you can give me this chance because actually i like to be on the server and have fun, it's up to you to decide if it stays like this. and because of the sentence "steh vorne dran" there i can't remember exactly but it wasn't directed to cash

The post was edited 1 time, last by TH3_CR4ZY_L3K4 ().

• hasnt the server always done most first offence rule breaking as a warning, or at least some minor repercussion, such as a 24 hour cop strip or 1 hour ban? idk the full details (looks like not many people do lmao) but 1 year is way too much for a first offence. unless bro broke into the rcon or some shit, i dont see the reasoning for the lengthy strip.
  • seminolemarine wrote:

hasnt the server always done most first offence rule breaking as a warning, or at least some minor repercussion, such as a 24 hour cop strip or 1 hour ban? idk the full details (looks like not many people do lmao) but 1 year is way too much for a first offence. unless bro broke into the rcon or some shit, i dont see the reasoning for the lengthy strip.
    Multiple admin have seen multiple demos of the incident. They made the ruling based on the evidence. All evidence from before and during the event proved collusion, which has always been treated as a cop strip.
  • Cop strip reduced to one month.

Please keep in mind any ban/cop strip request and ban appeals are only to be commented on by the involved parties/witnesses. If you were not involved in the offense please pass on through.

Cop positions are considered a trusted position in our community as why you have to apply and offenses are taken very seriously.
    Please take this time to read over the rules and I always suggest all new cops take a look at and read Duer's Guide to Being a Good Cop. It is just a guide, not really rules but he wrote up a really good guide.

Thread is closed and will not be re-opened.