Circumstantial Map Change?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Circumstantial Map Change?

Hello habibis,

I think we should do a revote on a map change. It's ugly and buggy and too spread-out.
      lotta people (who are on regularly) seem to agree with me on that. (Not to speak on anyone's behalf, all of this here is my opinion)
      And not that it makes a huge difference but it's worth mentioning that it is also giving newbies a bad impression.

I'll be the first to say I hopped on the bandwagon of hating on the last map, but I got to admit, it did something right.
      If I had to name it, I'd say it was cozier. We don't need a map as big as City45 as things are now.
      Or maybe I'm just falsely accrediting the econ reset boom to a map change.
      Nevertheless I still think we would benefit from a smaller map, with a less zigzaggy layout.

Amsterville would be my suggestion. This is a time for a map like that or anything similar imo.

I am aware, that a map change could be annoying and takes some doing. But if it is possible, and the server regulars really want it?

TLDR: Map is doodoo. Please change.
    • This is the first I have heard of "server regulars" wanting a map change. You also mention Amsterville, that is a bigger map as well. More block spaced but a "big map" none the less. I will never argue the fact of voting for Amsterville as it is an amazing map. I have had several new players that have stuck around saying how much they like City45.

EVERY map has it's own issues, not one is perfect. I do have to say tho if City45 is soooo buggy how come it stays up for 3 days at a time with almost no issues? We can not change maps every time someone doesn't care for that map, we would be like the other server and change maps every two-three weeks with no consistency. When you/we vote in the future keep in mind of the maps, how it was played, how it was liked and so forth.

Any change in the server will always draw ppl back in for a few weeks and seems to be a continuing trend, map change, eco reset, custom guns than a full server. Few weeks later drama starts, people run their mouths and people get tired of all the drama and stop playing.

Any who, I don't see the need to setup and change to another map when in about a month we are due for a map change anyhow.
      "If his destiny be strange, it is also sublime." misslelauncher

“From a caprice of nature, not from the ignorance of man. Not a mistake has been made in the working. But we cannot prevent equilibrium from producing its effects. We may brave human laws, but we cannot resist natural ones.”
    • Alright,
      I thought it was worth a shot, but Nemo is making a lot of sense.
      Thank you for reading.

Capt_n3Mo wrote:

This is the first I have heard of "server regulars" wanting a map change.
      First time for everything :D

Capt_n3Mo wrote:

Any change in the server will always draw ppl back in for a few weeks and seems to be a continuing trend, map change, eco reset, custom guns than a full server. Few weeks later drama starts, people run their mouths and people get tired of all the drama and stop playing.
      Very true. Cold Community sociology right here lol.

Capt_n3Mo wrote:

in about a month we are due for a map change anyhow
      I didn't know that, I should have known or asked before writing this, I apologize.

Oidoxie wrote:

Umm nope.
      very well-reasoned, I am convinced
    • The sever now has about 8 regular players who are usually afk 18 hours a day.
      If the map geography is a problem, it's because you're not playing right, you need to afk all day then it's perfect.

Right now, Sunday afternoon, the whole game itself (HL2 DM) has 105 players worldwide.
      As long as the server is up I'll drop in, but I accept (sadly) that updates and improvements are probably a thing of the past.