Time Limit when Switching to Cop

• Time Limit when Switching to Cop

I may tab in/out within 5 minutes or less at random on half life 2.
      I may tab in , switch to cop, take care of some crime real fast, then tab out, as i play other games in the background at times such as starcraft broodwar.
      If i switch to cop, how long do i have to be an active officer before tabbing out, in order to not violate any rules?
      There is some stupid player that is insulting me just because of my southern voice, he is pissing me off, and he is trying to find any and every rule i may or may not violate.
      While he talks so much shit on the mic, basically to me he is being racist against rednecks lol.
      Any who, i am a semi-retired player, i connect/disconnect at random / tab in/out at random.
      How long do i have to be an active officer if i switch to officer, so that i do not violate server rules.
      I try to follow the server rules the best i can, i have no intent in breaking any rules, i don't need players harassing me away from the server just because i did something wrong.
      There is a difference between intent and mistake.
    • That's why we have that time limit in place for cops. If a cop does not move in a certain amount of time they will be auto switched to rebel. No one can afk as cop anymore.
      "If his destiny be strange, it is also sublime." misslelauncher

“From a caprice of nature, not from the ignorance of man. Not a mistake has been made in the working. But we cannot prevent equilibrium from producing its effects. We may brave human laws, but we cannot resist natural ones.”
    • Yeah I coded that thing a long time ago to automatically switch you to rebel if you are afk for a certain amount of time. Unless valve broke this functionality, it should switch you to rebel without killing you.

So if you really wanna be safe, when you go afk just stay cop. When you come back, switch back to cop if the plugin auto-switched you to rebel. If the plugin didn't auto-switch you then you can just continue on.
    • CaveJohnson wrote:

Yeah I coded that thing a long time ago to automatically switch you to rebel if you are afk for a certain amount of time. Unless valve broke this functionality, it should switch you to rebel without killing you.

So if you really wanna be safe, when you go afk just stay cop. When you come back, switch back to cop if the plugin auto-switched you to rebel. If the plugin didn't auto-switch you then you can just continue on.
      Yea it still works! Thanks for your code =D
      "If his destiny be strange, it is also sublime." misslelauncher

“From a caprice of nature, not from the ignorance of man. Not a mistake has been made in the working. But we cannot prevent equilibrium from producing its effects. We may brave human laws, but we cannot resist natural ones.”
    • Users Online 1

1 Guest

• Tags