Adjustments for starter cops.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Adjustments for starter cops.

It's no mystery that people apply for cop, play a little, then stop. The first few ranks for cop are argueably the cause for this happening. I've been having discussions on the server with various players and admins including Hand of Doom, Thundershorts, Mandrew, El Mochacho and others whose names I cannot recall on what can be changed.

The biggest issue lower ranked cops face is the inability to combat range. The Pistol and SMG cannot fight revolvers at range when it only take two body shots to kill. The only option we have is to use melee and cuff, but it's near impossible to close the gap. If a cop is airborne when shot, all forward momentum is negated and the cop drops like a rock. Allowing for the second shot to be fired and kill the cop immediately.

We have to remember that for lower ranked cops it becomes nearly impossible to leave the PD or even spawn on the roof (assuming this is FMC) without dying instantly from a SINGLE person stood on the bridge. The ease of access to the armoury, jail cells, and the buggy nature of sending rebels to jail gives rebels an extreme advantage against the lone cop.

What I suggested? (These would be individual not all at once)

- Removing all knock back applied to lower rank cops so the gap can be better closed when bunny hopping or jumping off pd roof.
      - Provide all ranks of cop some form of donation bonus.
      - Provide the lowest ranks some form of ranged option - be it even skill cuffing with a gravity gun tossed nade.
      - Jetpack with limited fuel to allow for sneakier angles of approach.

What conclusion did we come to as the best overall option?
      - Provide cops with a Sprint speed bonus along side Infinit Aux.

With the conclusion scenario cops can remain grounded where knock back has little to no effect and the run speed boost allows cops to quickly close the gap before the second shot can be fired and makes them a harder target to hit thanks to speed.

I know that someone will say 'Just buy guns.' - but have you considered that cops can't shoot first? And if 1 headshot is all it takes, will someone really have fun spending 3-4 minutes acquiring suit for survivability (assuming rebels don't instantly door hack and kill them) and buying weapons negates any profit they get from doing that job?
      ^ Having said that I strongly believe the side door entrance to the armoury should be blocked to increase crime acquired before rebels can use armoury. Right now it's simply wayy to easy for rebels.

Cop in it's current state is a position people think they want to play but then quickly realize it's not worth the effort. I remember a time when a cop was something to be feared. When they'd swoop down using jetpack and jail you out of no where... and being in jail actually was a consiquence. Not something you would be released from in less than a minute because the cops can't defend the PD.