custom content refuses to download

• custom content refuses to download

So, I recently reinstalled Half-life 2: Deathmatch and joined Cold Community server, however, the download was taking a long time, much longer than usual, even for a first time join.
      Just before it's done loading, I got an Error stating that I am missing a map (rp_freemancity_kbm_v1a) That problem was solved by obtaining the server map by other means and putting it in the folder:
      hl2mp > download > maps

Nonetheless, two problems have persisted
      • Every time I try to load in, the download starts from scratch. I checked my files and it doesn't actually download anything even thought it takes the time to.
      • After I do join the server, almost all custom server content is missing other than the basics such as default player models.
      What I have already tried:
      - Uninstall and reinstall
      - I am connected with Ethernet cable so I knew it wasn't an internet problem
      - I've tried cl_allowdownload 1; cl_downloadfilter all
      - I joined other servers with custom content and it worked fine
      - I've cleared my download cache
      - I've disconnected from steam cloud
      - I've checked integrity of game files
      - I have Half-life 2, ep1&2 downloaded

This is weird... and I have no idea what it could be.
      I am guessing that if someone was so nice as to upload all custom server content and link it for download that would be quick fix ( just like with the map, and I'll definitely appreciate that)
      But it wouldn't solve the root problem.

Any help is appreciated!
    • I upload that for yah, and pm you the link on discord. Just be careful downloading just anything from random ppl. Some weirdos out there with malicious intents.
      "If his destiny be strange, it is also sublime." misslelauncher

“From a caprice of nature, not from the ignorance of man. Not a mistake has been made in the working. But we cannot prevent equilibrium from producing its effects. We may brave human laws, but we cannot resist natural ones.”
    • thats really really odd. Maybe a gpu issue??
      Drivers up to date on gpu, directx conflict maybe?

“From a caprice of nature, not from the ignorance of man. Not a mistake has been made in the working. But we cannot prevent equilibrium from producing its effects. We may brave human laws, but we cannot resist natural ones.”
    • Update: the problem is SOLVED by simply resetting my firewall to default and restarting HL2DM and giving it permissions when windows asks.
      The download will begin again from scratch but will work and not repeat itself next time.

This was suggested by steam support and I can't believe they were helpful for once.
      Still odd that it only affected Cold Community Server but that's a mystery for another day.
    • Awesome, glad it all worked out!

• Users Online 2

2 Guests