Describing my experience on cold

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Describing my experience on cold

This server has undoubtedly created the worst hl2dm experience ever for me. That's not to say the server hasn't provided me with good experiences, but combined with everything, it has just been bad for me. That being said, I hold no grudge against anyone here nor do I have hatred for anyone here. I strongly dislike what many of you have said and done, but that's about it. I'd like to address many things publicly because I'm done keeping it private and I want to stop keeping my feelings mostly to myself.

The "Alt Account"
    My dad aka Professor Murder would sometimes watch my screen and asked what I was playing, he noticed that I kept playing cold and was interested in joining the server to spend time with me and in fact, he had wanted to for awhile. I got him setup and I was teaching him the game, basic commands, dailies, spins how doors work, printing, planting, etc... On his first level 4 daily, he managed to get a master lottery ticket and got $250k and that's extremely lucky when you consider that it was his first day on the server. We decide to idle, that's when VULCAN kills us and VULCAN gets the 1 month ban for killing him because he was an under-10. We come back and I think later that day I told ThunderShorts that Professor Murder was my dad because I knew that the admins can see our IPs and I just wanted to clarify things to him. He did explain the basic rules of not going on each others computers in-game and not to give items or money to each other and we abided by that. We finally go to sleep later on and idle.
    While we were idle, Professor Murder just so happened to be awake when hoosa entered the room, I only know the details of what happened because I recorded a demo and watched the whole thing. He even woke me up at like 6 AM to tell me the whole thing. Granted, n3mo did say to Professor Murder to use his microphone, when I questioned him about it though he said that he didn't hear n3mo say to use the mic which I do find to be a bit weird because he was clearly communicating to him some other stuff, perhaps it just flew over his head. I told him to use voicechat to prove that he was not just me and I even decided to speak too during the conversation and as far as I'm concerned that is like definitive proof that it's not an alt account. However in fairness that doesn't prove that I didn't touch the computer. An important detail that must be noted is that as I was watching the demo, n3mo said we "b-hopped similarly" and I have no idea where he got that from because he used double jump and I used auto jump, in addition he is much more slow-paced than I am.
    The rules of what interactions were allowed seemed to be more strict than I thought when it came to interacting with each other, I wasn't aware that I couldn't grab trash that I found on the streets and drop/pile it for him or even exchange each others bounties. The latter was the major kicker so n3mo confronted me about it, I was told by him that I was previously told by ThunderShorts not to take each others bounties, all I could remember and still do only remember him saying was that people with alts would take their own bounties and that wasn't allowed. Regardless, that interaction with n3mo was extremely stressful. A day later doom breaks in and keeps killing us both. He assumed that the laptop he was playing on was right next to me even though it's in the living room on a stand right next to the couch. On the day I was on (4-10-2023), Doom still seems to believe that because he said that he was sitting next to me even though if he was, we would be able to hear each other through the mics, which we couldn't.
    Despite all of this, it's still believed that Professor Murder is my alt account. Here's the thing, I knew you guys watched us which is why I felt safe doing what we were doing. The argument that seems to make n3mo confident is based on a false premise that he even tells others which is that "the account only came to life to take a big hacker bounty" which is false. He did more than that, sometimes we would even walk together to the banker so he could deposit the money safely. Additionally he and I played at different times, I bet you couldn't find an instance of him being active past 11 PM CST. Even if he did do so once, it's still not enough to make a conclusion. I even tried asking other people to take my bounty if Professor Murder wasn't available to take it.

Macros
    This one is weird and less well known, n3mo said a few months ago that he and doom told me not to use macros even though I don't even remember anything being said about macros prior to that. On the day I invaded his house (4-10-2023), he messaged me saying that the admins (referred to as "we're") are contemplating my ban for recorded gameplay aka macros. Because that came out of nowhere, I was surprised and I did send an all caps message, I ask why he thinks I used macros but then he blocked me which is also not something admins should do in response of a question asking why they believe something. I still have yet to know why I'm being accused of using macros too.

Other Stuff
    I was also accused of "pitting admins together", or basically asking multiple admins if something is okay or not, but what if I get conflicting responses? I'm going to tell them about the conflicting responses, it's not meant to be like "oh he said this so it's okay", it's supposed to be "well he said it was okay but you didn't, can you both discuss this?" or at least that's what I intended. If that didn't happen, I didn't choose the answer I liked, I chose the answer I thought was the most appropriate. If I have n3mo saying that breaking the VIP door locks is against the rules but Doom says it's not (iirc), then who am I supposed to believe? Well, it's not in the rules so I guess it's okay? To be clear, I never broke any VIP door locks (though I was told that someone said I did even though I didn't). But regardless, if I tried asking n3mo if something was okay or not because I wanted to know the answer, I didn't do it to be annoying but eventually he stopped responding and to be blunt, that's not a good thing. If you're an admin, you have a responsibility to give players information like this.

I feel the need to address some of the admins here.

To Thundershorts:
    Thank you for being a great person to talk to. You act very professional and do a good job as an admin. You are level-headed and know not to let trolls get reactions from you, i.e. me in 2021 (sorry about that by the way).

To Hand Of Doom:
    Thank you for giving me a lot of advice and good teaching moments. I didn't always like your approach to things, but they definitely could've been worse. One thing I really want you to understand is that my dad's frustration of you killing him was justified. He doesn't know you, he doesn't know why you attacked him, he was a new player, he didn't know what was going on, that's why he acted hostile in retaliation. It was just a terrible first impression for him and it definitely didn't look good that you were killing us until he left, it looked like bullying to him.

To Capt_N3mo:
    Well, thanks for introducing me to the server back in 2020. You were definitely my favorite player at the time because of how charming you were. When I came back in 2022, you were one of the people I wanted to meet again, but then there was a decline and unfortunately our relationship fell. I tried my best to stabilize it but despite my best efforts, it didn't work, so I basically just gave up. I never wanted to be enemies and I still don't want to be. I don't know what happened but what changed? Unfortunately because of your incorrect assertions about me I've unfortunately stopped trusting you when it comes to certain information because I don't believe your judgement is reliable. I also wish you would've responded to the cop favoritism thing with me and hoosa on the demo I provided where I proved I didn't favor as a cop.

This post is not meant to incite drama or heated arguments. To any admin, please lock this post if you think there is a risk of a heated argument in the comments, thank you.
  • You really cant tell the difference of sarcasm/someone messing with you can you?

I really did enjoy playing rp with you, but yes something did change with us. What bothers me is you take things WAY to far, don't know when enough is enough, tried to play ppl against each other and that is why imo why I became more distant. Others and myself tried talking about it with you and nothing never changed.

As for the "alt" and cop favoritism, I'm not going to name any names but they shared you're private messages and demos, they ratted you out. Asking ppl if they need help with dailies, someone pming you saying I need a cop and seconds later you switched to cop and just stand there. It's a shame I lost sooo much data when one of my drives failed or I would share it.

I feel like I'm walking on egg shells now, as other admins have for many many years. All we ever try to do is help, we don't get paid for this, we don't get any personal gain, we VOLANTEER. People tend to forget we are players just like you and everyone else. I typically go above and beyond for our community. I have donated hundreds maybe even thousands at this point of my rlm to help ppl that cant afford vip, and that have rl finical issues, and most of all try to keep it fun and fair for all.

If its not on the wiki and not in the forums it not a rule. Some things must require admin discretion but pretty much everything is in black and white. I don't make the rules and I don't even agree with some.

I hope we can mend things, I truly do! I don't want anyone to be chased out.
    "If his destiny be strange, it is also sublime." misslelauncher

“From a caprice of nature, not from the ignorance of man. Not a mistake has been made in the working. But we cannot prevent equilibrium from producing its effects. We may brave human laws, but we cannot resist natural ones.”
  • I'm sure you remember that the first thing your dad did when he got on the mic was to try to bully me. He's also teaching you that lying is an acceptable practice to get what you want. Your dad is one of the major reasons for your social ineptitude. It's obvious to all experienced players that you were using your dad's old account just to make money , and that he has no interest in the game. Instead of banning you and the alt account , we decided to let you make the decision yourself.