Controlling RDM

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 3 hours.coldcommunity.com/forum/index.…232fb69d14899445bf3c691eecoldcommunity.com/forum/index.…232fb69d14899445bf3c691ee

Notorious K.O.I. wrote:

No one bitched about this for past years gone, rdm never affected any of the playerbase or how people liked the server, who cant stand it i have one thing to say learn to fight back or get something else to do.

Also ZomBloR, exactly idiots like you get innocent people banned. Little child's whining and bitching how everything is not easy for them and within arm's reach and you get your wish trough.
      I don't agree. Right now the server is being terroized by someone named Ivikiwi who is literally just hunting down every player and killing for no reason. I never met this person and they are causing people to AFK/hide. Not sure what I am supposed to do to "fight back". I don't want to or I'd go to a DM server.

I think the biggest disconnect here is RDM vs. RPDM. Right now you have someone named Ivikiwi in the server terrorizing it by killing anyone in sight for no reason. It makes the server practically unplayable and the only purpose is to troll. It's not about whining, it's more about how that behavior breaks the server/user experience.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ZomBloR! ().

• When someone plays the "it's a roleplay server" card I cringe a bit.

Syles to is a LITE to server. I seriously don't get why there has been such a flux of players lately complaining about this when it's never been a problem in the past under same and even worse conditioms.

Grow a pair and af least try to fight back or find a solution other than the admins.

There's weapons and lock breakers for a reason. This isn't care bear RP.
    • eldrun wrote:

When someone plays the "it's a roleplay server" card I cringe a bit.

Syles to is a LITE to server. I seriously don't get why there has been such a flux of players lately complaining about this when it's never been a problem in the past under same and even worse conditioms.

Grow a pair and af least try to fight back or find a solution other than the admins.

Cringe all you want I guess? It's clearly an issue for the server.
    • SylesRP has always been a shark tank as far back as I can remember.
      At one point, I was even that nub getting rdm'd constantly.. since there was no basis for this conflict, it wasnt hard to diffuse.

The only case I would consider 'over-trolling' or excessive would be something turned into obsession.. where the hunter eats/sleeps/breaths to hunt a single person down.

By that statement, it would have to be something going on for days / weeks before it would be noted as escalated..
      You need to show clear effort to stop the conflict first.
      sniper santa misslelauncher
    • from humam

I would not blame the people for excessive RDM-ing, and I would not blame the admins for having a "hard" time stopping it, I would simply blame the game, in this case, the roleplay plugin you have.

There are a lot of types of people in the world, you won't play in this roleplay server and wish people were nice and all that and live in a fairytale or something like that.
      Some people will hold grudges, and its VERY hard to stop that, its in their nature, its what they have grown up with, they experienced things that made them the way they are.

Even I as a person who does not usually hold a grudge against someone, was once triggered by some player who was being abusive (to a certain extent) towards me.
      Now why do people get triggered? You would not one to be embarrased infront of everyone, you would not want to be called a noob all the time, you would not want to hear negative statements/opinions about you spreading all over the server, or when you join the server, or when you do things in the server, share your opinions and so on.
      So basically these players cant stand it, because getting humiliated and having a negative view towards them is worse than being silent to it, with respect to THEM.

So you can only wish all people will be nice and friendly, that will never happen, in THIS case this server will be boring and people will eventually leave, but apparently what moves the server is constant drama and ban requests.

Can the developers of the plugin you have actually think outside the box and make up a solution for RDM-ing? Yes they can, but the roleplay plugins have always been the same in HL2DM, and they all have these holes and other ones which -amazingly enough- no developer started to think of a solution yet, because from what I can see they didn't even bother looking at what makes a great roleplay plugin from a broader point of view.
      retired DM player | virtuousgamers.eu borg my little fragmovie | one of my HUDs

The post was edited 2 times, last by $lovak Power ().

• Without punishing people for simply playing the game the way it was meant to be played too much you guys could maybe set it so that there is no maximum jail time so that people would think twice about getting a ton of crime because they would be in a jail for a while. Also maybe no more custom bribes and have bribes directly correspond with how much time you have left in jail
    • ZomBloR! wrote:

eldrun wrote:

When someone plays the "it's a roleplay server" card I cringe a bit.

Cringe all you want I guess? It's clearly an issue for the server.
      its an issue for you whinny babies. I do fine on my alt accoint when I play.
    • Nobody wrote:

Without punishing people for simply playing the game the way it was meant to be played too much you guys could maybe set it so that there is no maximum jail time so that people would think twice about getting a ton of crime because they would be in a jail for a while. Also maybe no more custom bribes and have bribes directly correspond with how much time you have left in jail
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    • Nobody wrote:

Without punishing people for simply playing the game the way it was meant to be played too much you guys could maybe set it so that there is no maximum jail time so that people would think twice about getting a ton of crime because they would be in a jail for a while. Also maybe no more custom bribes and have bribes directly correspond with how much time you have left in jail
      I LIKE THIS, would kill 2 birds with 1 stone, less RDM

and incentive to break into the pd
    • Nobody wrote:

I actually like this idea too. There would need to be some sort of hard capped max though like 5 hours or something. Something high but not absolutely devastating. I can just imagine that first arrest with like 48 hours of jail time, as a Cop I'd be camping the hell out of the jail room.

The thought of having bribes correspond to jail time length seems like a boost to Cops and a step in the right direction for actions vs consequences.

The only downside with this type of set up though is it can be exploited for Cops. Get jailed for a really long time, Cop gets $3 per second. Jailed players leaves server thus fully paying out his time to the Cops bank then rejoins and has the Cop Release them. Some Cops may leave them in there anyways but others might try to exploit it to get cash faster or asking for a bribe and get even more since custom bribes no longer would be a thing equating to his time in jail paying out way more than a custom $25 and the player and cop then splitting the extra.

Now this can all be hatched out through coding but we'd need Cheesy to want to go through this extra work.

• although sometimes i don't want RDM to be allowed as much as it is, for the most part it isn't too bad, it is a part of the community, when someone comes online that RDMs more than others i go inside or do something that won't make me lose a bunch of money, when i first started i had people target me constantly but you just have to be friendly and you can build a nice community and get help from other players
      #HailTheGoldenPoon
    • Nobody wrote:

2 Problems I can already see with this...

1. Picking up 20k from printer, getting killed and then spending 5 hours in jail...
      2. Cops will still just cuff/uncuff since its the most efficient way to maximize the amount of crime.

We could take away cuff/uncuffs but that ruins alot of the gameplay for people imo.
    • The Doggy wrote:

Nobody wrote:

1. Picking up 20k from printer, getting killed and then spending 5 hours in jail...
      2. Cops will still just cuff/uncuff since its the most efficient way to maximize the amount of crime.

We could take away cuff/uncuffs but that ruins alot of the gameplay for people imo.

to avoid problem 1# we should decrease the crime for printers so it doesnt discourage counterfitting
    • The Doggy wrote:

Nobody wrote:

Create balance by decreasing crime for counter and increasing crime for murdering people. Basic logic.